How has COVID-19 affected you spiritually? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English

How has COVID-19 affected you spiritually?

Deleted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 03:28 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Going to church or not.....tonight might be my last night going till this dies down. Just such a tough decision.....I see both sides of the argument.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 03:32 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
My spirituality was pretty low to begin with : /

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 03:46 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
I see this period as the wilderness - just like what Jesus went through in Lent (which we are in right now). This Sunday is Palm Sunday - his return to Jerusalem.

He wasn't tempted with disease, but He was really tempted and messed with - like we are in isolation.

This is a good test to focus on the Lord ourselves. Build our own relationship, praise Him, worship Him. If we do it, we know He knows a lot of people are doing it.

He knows what is going on; He is watching over us. He is with the doctors, the patients, and the families, and then us!

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 04:46 PM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

My Mood: Crappy
I keep asking God to let us all make it through this okay, or else let me die in my sleep.

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I felt that this is a good discussion to open up because everyone is focused on everything else... We as Christians need to keep our eyes on Jesus, through this.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 04:49 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehuti88 View Post
I keep asking God to let us all make it through this okay, or else let me die in my sleep.
You'll be OK either way, why wouldn't you be.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehuti88 View Post
I think dying in your sleep in an excellent way to go. That's how I would like to die too.

Dear Lord,

I ask that you will protect tehuti88 please help her with her anxieties. Let her know she is loved. After saying this, Lord everyone on here needs help with their anxieties. Please help us throw off the chains of anxieties and focus on the things that really matter with a clear mind.

In Jesus Name.
Amen
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 09:17 AM
SAS Member

These are just the birth pains of the coming judgement's on America, She had prophetic dreams about covid-19 and many other thing's that are to come check the dates
see what in David Wilkerson was showed in 1973 about the future of America,
everything he saw has happened so far, and the rest is yet to come here is what the Lord is giving other's dreams/visions about. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMP...=dd&shelf_id=4 this isn't to scare people, just inform them, and get ready, live eternity focused, because America is going to change, she will never be the same, with the arrogance debauchery and the denial of Christ it shouldn't surprise us judgement is coming to America, there is good news though look unto Jesus "O the worth of Christ! Compare we other thing's with Christ and they will bear no weight at all. where may we find peace with God but only in Christ? Remember how he came out of his fathers bosom for thee, wept for thee, bled for thee, poured out his life for thee, is now risen for thee gone to heaven for thee sits at the right hand, and rules all the world for thee, makes intercession for thee and at the end of the world will come again for thee, and receive thee to live with him for ever and ever surely if this I believe and live my life is comfortable and my death will be sweet. if there be any Heaven upon earth I shall find it in the practice and exercise of this gospel duty, in looking unto Jesus"(Isaac Ambrose-looking unto Jesus) Isaiah 53:10 “Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I've been praying that COVID-19 would go away and give us a good summer. I agree that America and even other Countries have been invoking the anger of God. But there are some of us who have been trying not to invoke the Anger of God. I am hoping that God will have some mercy on those of us who have been trying to live right.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2020, 05:22 PM
Cured of SA

Language: English, Spanish
I've learned to not worry and trust Jesus more because of this situation.

“Let the wise hear and increase their learning, and let those of good comprehension seek guidance." - Proverbs 1:5
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2020, 07:41 PM
Cured of SA

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Exist View Post
If the Anti Christ uses this to take over the world, then he implements the mark and says you can not buy your food without it. Would that make you concerned?
I've already prepared for that and no I won't be taking the mark of the beast chip or coronavirus vaccine. I trust God with whatever happens from here until His return because I know I've been saved.

“Let the wise hear and increase their learning, and let those of good comprehension seek guidance." - Proverbs 1:5
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2020, 07:55 PM
Cured of SA

Quote:
Are you Pentecostal?
I'm not aware of all the different flavors of Christianity, as far as I know I'm vanilla. If it's not in the Bible then I don't believe it. If I had to put a label I guess I'd be a New Testament Christian.

If that's what that means then I guess so, I've only been a Christian for about half a year now.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2020, 08:46 PM
Cured of SA

Quote:
I'm 40 years old, and I've been a believer since I was 6. Believe me when I tell you. When you start out, things seem easier then they get later on. There will be things beating up against your faith. God will not always take these issues away. Somethings you will go through them until you die.
That's what God does, He tests our faith. He puts you up against your fears and the things you resist so you can conquer them, but He's right by your side the whole time. He won't take these fears and issues away because you won't learn why you have those problems in the first place.

If you ask God for help with a relationship and the relationship ends, are you gonna blame God for ruining it or realize that He saved you from what would have been a bad relationship? In your eyes you loved the woman and wanted God to make the relationship work but you don't realize that it was never meant to work and this relationship was preparing you for the real one.

It doesn't seem like you've trusted God that much in all that time. You still lean too much on your own understanding and not on His word from what I can tell. You want your desire to be fulfilled in the way you think you want rather than the way you actually want, you just don't know it yet. We're trying to get you to see why but you keep resisting.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2020, 09:24 PM
Cured of SA

Quote:
You do the same thing everyone else does. Just blame the OP. It's the OPs fault. Oh you don't have enough faith. Oh your leaning on your own understanding. Oh the relationship just wasn't meant to be. Blah Blah Blah. Are you a troll? Your even putting words in my mouth! Reading into things I never said.
We all have free will, you have the choice to follow God and listen to Him or not. You have the option to trust Him and His word or define right and wrong for yourself, one leads to happiness and the other leads to pain and death. You're asking God to change you and change your life and He's giving answers and solutions you don't accept.

You are responsible for your life choices, if you keep living a sinful and lustful life you're going to keep suffering. I know these pills are hard to swallow but again, the path to God is narrow. It's not easy but that's why you ask God for guidance. When everything and everyone is the problem, it's time to start looking at yourself. We all give you this advice because it's the answer, now it's just up to you to either accept the answer or continue to define right and wrong on your own.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2020, 06:29 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
Either God is all powerful or He isn't.

Mat 5:36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.

FAITH isn't blind. It's the EXPECTATION of things not seen. -Dave in Tenn

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page