How Do You Feel About Satan? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

How Do You Feel About Satan?

Dear Christians, how do you feel about the person who you refer to as "the devil"?

Do you hate this person?

Do you have unconditional love for this person -- listening to their concerns with compassion for their situation, while not necessarily heeding all of their advice about what to do -- as "the christ" does?

Also -- leaving aside your feelings, speaking metaphorically -- do you think it OK to love and respect that person?

Is it not like a heavy burden (of the emotional kind) to exist as a figure of hate, so that free will can exist?

Also, have you considered that the "antichrist" might not enjoy destroying things very much, even if it appears necessary to do that every now and again?

It has seemed to me that a lot of people who are -- in most respects -- very nice and pleasant to be around, have chosen to reject "satan" as a potential friend and ally; and that hurts her. It hurts me.

This is not a trick. I am no follower of Anton LaVey, Michael Aquino, or similar so-called Satanists. Perhaps it is worth musing on the subject of what Satan thinks and feels with regard to those people! Here's a hint: I view them as arseholes.

Ben Carson more or less accused Hillary Clinton of being some type of satanic witch who worships Lucifer (because she read a book once, or something like that). Well, if Hillary Clinton is actually a witch who worships Satan, I have news for her: I don't like her very much at all.

I'm not exactly the biggest fan of Donald Trump and his fake "antichrist" son-in-law either, but I preferred them to the alternative in 2016 since they had not been seeking to blow up the world. How awful it is that Mr Trump has withdrawn America's imperialist armies from Syria and helped with fostering some form of détente on the Korean peninsula... NOT! Wow! Isn't the actual Satan so dreadful?

Am I actually Satan? I prefer to say simply that I am. But if there are any atheists browsing this subforum and reading this thread then I suppose I am your "satan", at the very least.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 05:47 PM
SAS Member

I don’t think you are satan ... I think you are confused and immature to be honest .
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 06:15 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cheerful
Quote:
Originally Posted by XebelRebel View Post
Dear Christians, how do you feel about the person who you refer to as "the devil"?

Do you hate this person?

Do you have unconditional love for this person -- listening to their concerns with compassion for their situation, while not necessarily heeding all of their advice about what to do -- as "the christ" does?

Also -- leaving aside your feelings, speaking metaphorically -- do you think it OK to love and respect that person?

Is it not like a heavy burden (of the emotional kind) to exist as a figure of hate, so that free will can exist?

Also, have you considered that the "antichrist" might not enjoy destroying things very much, even if it appears necessary to do that every now and again?

It has seemed to me that a lot of people who are -- in most respects -- very nice and pleasant to be around, have chosen to reject "satan" as a potential friend and ally; and that hurts her. It hurts me.

This is not a trick. I am no follower of Anton LaVey, Michael Aquino, or similar so-called Satanists. Perhaps it is worth musing on the subject of what Satan thinks and feels with regard to those people! Here's a hint: I view them as arseholes.

Ben Carson more or less accused Hillary Clinton of being some type of satanic witch who worships Lucifer (because she read a book once, or something like that). Well, if Hillary Clinton is actually a witch who worships Satan, I have news for her: I don't like her very much at all.

I'm not exactly the biggest fan of Donald Trump and his fake "antichrist" son-in-law either, but I preferred them to the alternative in 2016 since they had not been seeking to blow up the world. How awful it is that Mr Trump has withdrawn America's imperialist armies from Syria and helped with fostering some form of détente on the Korean peninsula... NOT! Wow! Isn't the actual Satan so dreadful?

Am I actually Satan? I prefer to say simply that I am. But if there are any atheists browsing this subforum and reading this thread then I suppose I am your "satan", at the very least.

Jesus said to love one another, and Paul mentions love a deal as well, but there isn't a command to love everything or every being. As such, Satan not being a human one can potentially save or bring into union with the body of christ, love isn't necessary.
Being a controversialist is a rather old personality type from the sophist and Cynics of greece, Bruno Bauer and Nietzche of Germany to the New athiest a few years backs, but your controveralisticness (while having some traits of the 90's metal pop culture) is of the modern sort, as indicated by an aside in favor of Donald Trump.
It is better I think to be a truth seeker than trendy, and logical than rhetorical.

So far, I actually like you a bit, but I don't know if i'll be able to be on often enough to talk much.

But, you wanted to talk I gather, so outside of questions about how to treat Satan, what would you like to know?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 03:36 PM
Homicidal Furby 🔪

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I was going to respond to this thread, but then realised you posted it in spiritual support and were asking Christians.

This has happened a few times recently wonder if there's a way to filter new posts.. Doesn't seem to be pretty annoying. Guess I could add the section to ignore.

edit:

actually cause I did read your post

Quote:
There can only be one forum Satan j/k

The wretched world we’re living in at present was not an unlucky war of fate; it was an economic and political decision made without consulting the enormous human population that it would most drastically affect. If we would have it otherwise, if we’d prefer a future that we can call home, then we must stop supporting — even passively — this ravenous, insatiable conservative agenda before it devours us with our kids as a dessert. - Alan Moore

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Firstly, thank you for saying that you like me. I want to be liked and appreciated for what I do, as Novak Djokovic does.

My post in this thread was genuine; it was not an attempt to be "controversial" for the sake of being "controversial". I was not seeking to offend Christians, and neither was I covertly plotting their seduction away from the teachings of Jesus Christ towards some cruel devilry.

There is so much I might choose to say in response to your post -- and specifically with respect to what you wrote about truth-seeking, trendiness, logic, and rhetoric -- but I don't want to philosophically abuse you.

If you want, you can access some of my previous writings on this forum by clicking on the hyperlinks which I copied and pasted onto posts made with this nickname.

My philosophy is not at all like that of Friedrich Nietzsche, although you have completely failed to objectify me -- which is ironic! Do you get my joke?

You asked me what I want to know. Well, why is it that you suggested Satan cannot be "saved"? How do you know anything about such things as that?

When I recognised that I am the universe I chose to feel personally responsible for the hateful, oppositional aspect of myself and what she does -- what she has done -- rather than lying to the self and pretending that she is someone else. I am not going to be sticking some vicious spear of righteousness through her in an attempt to do her harm; not anymore! I love her. Ergo, anyone who intends to do her harm will have ME to answer to. She is what she is and that is not her fault (if it is anyone's fault then it is my fault, actually).

You are correct, however, to intimate that it is not necessary to love everything or every being. It is a choice: either to love, or to hate. To share or to shaft, as Robert Kilroy-Silk famously stated.

And as I said, the existence of hate confers free will -- so if one chooses to love free will, then it is OK in my book(s) to love hate. It is not a bad thing to love the Satan.

If you don't love me, is it because I is red?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 04:14 PM
Homicidal Furby 🔪

Man people further along the schizophrenic spectrum get all the fun. God damn schizoid awareness of reality.

The wretched world we’re living in at present was not an unlucky war of fate; it was an economic and political decision made without consulting the enormous human population that it would most drastically affect. If we would have it otherwise, if we’d prefer a future that we can call home, then we must stop supporting — even passively — this ravenous, insatiable conservative agenda before it devours us with our kids as a dessert. - Alan Moore

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 06:16 PM
Time to conduct evil...

Hah. You impersonators bickering amongst yourselves, it was all a part of my master plan.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post

Man people further along the schizophrenic spectrum get all the fun. God damn schizoid awareness of reality.
You have talked with me before regarding your thoughts and feelings about Jesus and Satan. Do you remember? We had quite a serious discussion -- then I chose not to take that discussion any further, as I was not convinced that my own motivations for wanting to do so had been borne out of a desire to make things better.

I had wanted to bring up the topic of Kabbalistic religious syncretism and the idea that something like the so-called "Bible Code" permeates everything which the deity has thoughts and feelings on. But I also wanted to avoid cruelly and unnecessarily causing harm.

But since you have chosen to read the post which you linked to above, then I will say that it is my view that people such as Giorgio Tsoukalos are trying and failing to explain the mind of the deity by incorrectly attributing the meaningful patterns which they have noticed -- and which defy the "standard model" of "local realism" -- to the alleged interventions of so-called "extra-terrestrial aliens" in human history, in a linearly progressing mechanistic way. However, the concept of time is an illusion, and linear time is especially illusory. Also, I am not necessarily against the idea of "extra-terrestrial aliens".

I do not believe that the revered texts of the world's religions are special in the sense that similar evidence of the deific "train of thought" can be found within and without anything that I am dreaming up, so to speak.

It is somewhat amusing that you mentioned a schizophrenic spectrum, as I think and feel that Ali G's brother -- Simon Baron Cohen -- might have improved upon the elegance of his Empathising-Systemising theory if he had specifically referred to the empathising aspect of the mind as being the same perceptual way of seeing things as that which the fraudulent profession of not-very-empirical psychiatry tends to label as being schizoid dissociation (i.e. not perceiving there to be any genuine separation of microcosmic and macrocosmic persons: which naturally entails the assignation of personhood to the universe). That way, the "schizoid" mode of perception can be thought of as representing the Extreme Feminine Brain, in opposition -- philosophically speaking, at least -- to the Extreme Masculine Brain, which was said to be "autism".

However, the labelling of either of those aforementioned viewpoints as possessing genders is an error, as they are one and the same thing. Also, to paraphrase a character from The Matrix: "THERE IS NO BRAIN!"

Everything is being generated from my thoughts and feelings -- but I perceive you to exist in some form as a person with free will, even though my perception of you is like you being yet another of Agent Smith's many faces (again using The Matrix movie's story and characters for the purpose of illustrating my relationship with the Goddess Athena). I like you.

Last edited by XebelRebel; 12-07-2019 at 10:23 AM. Reason: I made an error. How annoying!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 10:47 AM
The Groat King

I remember feeling sorry for Satan as a kid because it's not like the guy had a choice.
Somehow even as a small child I was able to grasp the concept that there is no free will.
Now of course I don't believe in anything.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 11:32 AM
Homicidal Furby 🔪

Quote:
Originally Posted by XebelRebel View Post
You have talked with me before regarding your thoughts and feelings about Jesus and Satan. Do you remember? We had quite a serious discussion -- then I chose not to take that discussion any further, as I was not convinced that my own motivations for wanting to do so had been borne out of a desire to make things better.

I had wanted to bring up the topic of Kabbalistic religious syncretism and the idea that something like the so-called "Bible Code" permeates everything which the deity has thoughts and feelings on. But I also wanted to avoid cruelly and unnecessarily causing harm.

But since you have chosen to read the post which you linked to above, then I will say that it is my view that people such as Giorgio Tsoukalos are trying and failing to explain the mind of the deity by incorrectly attributing the meaningful patterns which they have noticed -- and which defy the "standard model" of "local realism" -- to the alleged interventions of so-called "extra-terrestrial aliens" in human history, in a linearly progressing mechanistic way. However, the concept of time is an illusion, and linear time is especially illusory. Also, I am not necessarily against the idea of "extra-terrestrial aliens".

I do not believe that the revered texts of the world's religions are special in the sense that similar evidence of the deific "train of thought" can be found within and without anything that I am dreaming up, so to speak.
Yeah I think we probably talked about something related to that a while back. I think you were arguing that Satan was a demonisation of femininity at one point or discussing how femininity is demonised in Judeo-Christian stuff? And that you didn't like that I portrayed Satan as a neutral/positive figure at the time and found it depressing I identified with him because he's an attempt to denegrate feminine divinity. These might have been separate discussions though. But yeah if you use a gnostic lens where Sophia is Satan/Lucifer because of the obvious similarities and where the archetype is unambiguously female I actually think that one is less demonised and redemption is more encouraged because Jesus Christ was sent to encourage Sophia to 'see the light.' Although that symbolism doesn't appeal to me because it seems one sided, and also because I prefer to see most Luciferian figures as androgynous in my head cannon since they are often demonised or targets of coercion, for breaking gender norms in some way like Lilith and Loki as well. Mankind was also punished because Lilith seduced Eve.

And since Sophia essentially refused to join with Jesus Christ and that's the explanation given for why the false world was created by the demiurge (that we live in according to Gnostic ideas,) it seems quite coercive again like the Kabbalistic story of Lilith being encouraged to return to Adam eg:

Quote:
In most versions of the Gnostic mythos, it is Sophia who brings about this instability in the Pleroma, in turn bringing about the creation of materiality. According to some Gnostic texts, the crisis occurs as a result of Sophia trying to emanate without her syzygy or, in another tradition, because she tries to breach the barrier between herself and the unknowable Bythos. After cataclysmically falling from the Pleroma, Sophia's fear and anguish of losing her life (just as she lost the light of the One) causes confusion and longing to return to it. Because of these longings, matter (Greek: hylē, ὕλη) and soul (Greek: psychē, ψυχή) accidentally come into existence. The creation of the Demiurge (also known as Yaldabaoth, "Daughter of Chaos") is also a mistake made during this exile. The Demiurge proceeds to create the physical world in which we live, ignorant of Sophia, who nevertheless manages to infuse some spiritual spark or pneuma into his creation.

In the Pistis Sophia, Christ is sent from the Godhead in order to bring Sophia back into the fullness (Pleroma). Christ enables her to again see the light, bringing her knowledge of the spirit (Greek: pneuma, πνευμα). Christ is then sent to earth in the form of the man Jesus to give men the Gnosis needed to rescue themselves from the physical world and return to the spiritual world. In Gnosticism, the Gospel story of Jesus is itself allegorical: it is the Outer Mystery, used as an introduction to Gnosis, rather than it being literally true in a historical context. For the Gnostics, the drama of the redemption of the Sophia through Christ or the Logos is the central drama of the universe. The Sophia resides in all of us as the Divine Spark.
Quote:
''Adam complained to God: 'I have been deserted by my helpmeet' God at once sent the angels Senoy, Sansenoy and Semangelof to fetch Lilith back. They found her beside the Red Sea, a region abounding in lascivious demons, to whom she bore lilim at the rate of more than one hundred a day. 'Return to Adam without delay,' the angels said, `or we will drown you!' Lilith asked: `How can I return to Adam and live like an honest housewife, after my stay beside the Red Sea?? 'It will be death to refuse!' they answered. `How can I die,' Lilith asked again, `when God has ordered me to take charge of all newborn children: boys up to the eighth day of life, that of circumcision; girls up to the twentieth day. None the less, if ever I see your three names or likenesses displayed in an amulet above a newborn child, I promise to spare it.' To this they agreed; but God punished Lilith by making one hundred of her demon children perish daily; and if she could not destroy a human infant, because of the angelic amulet, she would spitefully turn against her own.''
Quote:
It is somewhat amusing that you mentioned a schizophrenic spectrum, as I think and feel that Ali G's brother -- Simon Baron Cohen -- might have improved upon the elegance of his Empathising-Systemising theory if he had specifically referred to the empathising aspect of the mind as being the same perceptual way of seeing things as that which the fraudulent profession of not-very-empirical psychiatry tends to label as being schizoid dissociation (i.e. not perceiving there to be any genuine separation of microcosmic and macrocosmic persons: which naturally entails the assignation of personhood to the universe). That way, the "schizoid" mode of perception can be thought of as representing the Extreme Feminine Brain, in opposition -- philosophically speaking, at least -- to the Extreme Masculine Brain, which was said to be "autism".

However, the labelling of either of those aforementioned viewpoints as possessing genders is an error, as they are one and the same thing. Also, to paraphrase a character from The Matrix: "THERE IS NO BRAIN!"

Everything is being generated from my thoughts and feelings -- but I perceive you to exist in some form as a person with free will, even though my perception of you is like you being yet another of Agent Smith's many faces (again using The Matrix movie's story and characters for the purpose of illustrating my relationship with the Goddess Athena). I like you.
I think some people do see the schizophrenia spectrum as being opposite of the autistic one, (hypermentalizing vs hypomentalising,) though with everything I've noticed/read I'm not sure I agree with that or it would seem people are frequently being misdiagnosed as one or the other (which is possible. I've seen people complain that that's happening and is why autism diagnoses are increasing, and people do get shuffled around the various labels at different points in time according to what's trendy in psychology,) but yeah they do share a lot of overlap in symptoms so not sure they are opposites.

Also I'm sceptical of thinking of autism or schizophrenia as extreme gendered brains because it seems simplistic and if you look at the research there are (at least,) two phenotypes for autism depending on sex as the brains of male and female autistic people differ from each other, and I think something similar happens with schizophrenia though I haven't looked into that as much. So essentially you get atypical brain sex features in both sexes where some parts are hyper masculinised, others feminised etc but not the same parts eg:

https://www.spectrumnews.org/news/br...male-patterns/

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...rent-in-girls/

Also strangely there are areas of the brain in female autistic people that are like neurotypical males, but in male autistic people those same areas are formed differently to neurotypical males and females and female autistic people. I think the second article I linked mentions that research, but I read it a while ago now. Possibly because female autistic people are less severely effected socially (because those areas of the brain are related to socialising.)

Mostly autism is just an 'extreme' brain because areas tend to be overcooked I guess you could say. Like experiencing extreme anger, and having a black/white relationship to what interests you including people. Like stuff is either incredibly boring/intolerable or intensely fascinating and then either becoming obsessed or not at all interested in people. Really loving certain sensory stuff and hating other stuff. But not all people experience the same exact set of symptoms either.

I brought it up because I'm fairly sure at this point I have undiagnosed schizoid personality disorder and the way you think about certain things reminds me of myself, but you seem to think you are literally controlling everyone with your mind and that you set fire to Notre Dame, and assuming you're not joking (which I do believe, because most trolls aren't very creative and I don't think it's easy to mimic this neurotype,) I would say that's further along the same spectrum.

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
Yeah I think we probably talked about something related to that a while back. I think you were arguing that Satan was a demonisation of femininity at one point or discussing how femininity is demonised in Judeo-Christian stuff? And that you didn't like that I portrayed Satan as a neutral/positive figure at the time and found it depressing I identified with him because he's an attempt to denegrate feminine divinity. These might have been separate discussions though. But yeah if you use a gnostic lens where Sophia is Satan/Lucifer because of the obvious similarities and where the archetype is unambiguously female I actually think that one is less demonised and redemption is more encouraged because Jesus Christ was sent to encourage Sophia to 'see the light.' Although that symbolism doesn't appeal to me because it seems one sided, and also because I prefer to see most Luciferian figures as androgynous in my head cannon since they are often demonised or targets of coercion, for breaking gender norms in some way like Lilith and Loki...

To bring forth some levity to this conversation, I will respond to the quotation above utilising one of my favourite quotations: "Well you see I come from a highly educated university so when I come out here and speak to [these lovely people] I gotta dumb myself down!"

It is the University of the Athena Victory, by the way.

I do not consider it necessary to "dumb down" my esoteric teachings when conversing with you.

You are "sharp as a tack", as your forum signature suggests -- although I do not presume to label you as autistic. Also, it has not bothered me that much when you have attempted to objectify me although you are not capable of doing it.

Quote:
...assuming you're not joking...

I was not joking when I said that I passively mind control everyone. Similarly, I was being serious when I said that I can actively mind control people. I want to talk about some of the things that I have done but it seems unhelpful to do so at the moment.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 05:23 PM
SAS Member

There are different interpretations. Some do not believe Satan is a distinct entity but rather a part of us.

Quote:
"In Tractate Bava Batra, Reish Lakish says that Satan, the yetzer hara and the Angel of Death are all one. Maimonides, the medieval Jewish philosopher, endorses this position in his Guide for the Perplexed. The word Satan, Maimonides writes, derives from the Hebrew root for “turn away.” Like the evil inclination, Satan’s function is to divert human beings from the path of truth and righteousness. Maimonides seems not to believe Satan actually exists, but rather that he is a symbol of the inclination to sin. The entire Book of Job, he writes, is fictional, intended merely to elucidate certain truths about divine providence."
Even then, to call Satan, the evil inclination, in this case pure evil is considered by some Rabbis a misunderstanding.

Quote:
"Rabbi Nahman said in Rabbi Samuel's name: 'Behold, it was good' refers to the Good Desire; 'And behold, it was very good' refers to the Evil Desire. (It only says 'very good' after man was created with both the good and bad inclinations, in all other cases it only says 'and God saw that it was good') Can then the Evil Desire be very good? That would be extraordinary! But without the Evil Desire, however, no man would build a house, take a wife and beget children; and thus said Solomon: 'Again, I considered all labour and all excelling in work, that it is a man's rivalry with his neighbour.' (Ecclesiastes 4:4)." - Bereishiit Rabbah 9:7
Here the evil inclination is described like the ego which is healthy to an extent. However, if Satan is a being of it's own, it either has no freewill and one cannot blame Satan for playing a role that was written for it, or Satan has freewill and then theoretically it should be able to be redeemed. To me at least it would seem all entities with freewill must have at least some good in them.

Quote:
"For you love all things that exist, and detest none of the things that you have made, for you would not have made anything if you had hated it. How would anything have endured if you had not willed it? Or how would anything not called forth by you have been preserved? You spare all things, for they are yours, O Lord, you who love the living." - Wisdom 11:24-26
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 11:00 PM
SAS Member

I guess to most Christians satan is the opposite force of God, enemy to conquer, and a loser. To non believers he is just a metaphor/evil for evil. He has a free will when he chose to disobey God and willingly hates humans so can't feel sorry for him.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 03:21 AM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
Exclamation

Recruiters

who get paid

to not allow interviews, so people cannot earn money

severely illegal industry

same level as hostile, war, violence, rape.. more similar

why doesn't it become a political issue?
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Now isn't this type of discussion so much more fun and worthwhile than the miserable, stunted excuse for genuine conversation with "other people" and their "different views" that is sadly found on the internet thought-ghettos such as Facebook and Twitter?

Someone has made a well-considered, thoughtful reply to the things I said -- and that person has actually taken seriously the questions about if it is OK to love and respect "the devil"! Someone who approached and "broke down" what I wrote from a theistic and/or deistic position(s)!

I remember expressing my desire, via this web forum, for the revival of web forums:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atargatis Oorial View Post
Yes, I believe that web forums (or something very much like them) will make a comeback. I certainly want that to happen!

https://www.socialanxietysupport.com...post1093439971
https://www.socialanxietysupport.com...post1093436741
https://www.socialanxietysupport.com...post1090818409
https://www.socialanxietysupport.com...post1090763705

And lo, as if someone hath uttered Let There Be Web Forums Again, someone known as Kal Turnbull set out to Make It Happen.

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-48579597

Of course -- the success or failure of efforts like "Change My View" and ChangeAView.com depend upon the the will of the public to participate in an honest dialogue with its opposite: philosophically, politically, religiously...

It is rather like if someone declared her intention to expose the corrupt activities of criminal secret societies with the power of her mind. Once she has "gotten the ball rolling", what then? Prosecute her mission with extreme prejudice by actively mind controlling people and events until she forces things to be exactly as she had envisioned? That seems cruel to me. It is not something that I want to do.

I hope that the global network of criminal sex trafficking continues to be subject to the scouring light of the God of Truth -- and especially so when it comes to the exploitation and sexual abuse of small children -- but if the public-at-large appears not so bothered regarding the pervasive influence of private clubs such as Freemasonry, then I am not unhappy that my vision for World Wide Positive Political Action was somewhat repurposed to have a primary focus on environmentalism. I am, however, working on getting Extinction Rebellion to look at the effects that the criminal bankers' monetary system has on the ecosystem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveykinkle View Post
...to call Satan, the evil inclination, in this case pure evil is considered by some Rabbis a misunderstanding.

Thank you for your excellent post, which was made at "04:23 PM" according to this Tor identity.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

It is fascinating to note, by the way, that the Batman comics villain -- Two Face -- was originally named as Harvey Kent, before he was renamed to become the now familiar Harvey Dent. Perhaps it is worth researching why that specific character was renamed.

Also, a "dent" might be classified as being essentially the same thing as a "kink". I like the 1960s popular music band, The Kinks; and one of their songs is especially meaningful for me.

What does it mean to be "kinky"? What does it mean to be "bent"? Is a "bent" person in the British vernacular someone who enjoys "giving way", metaphorically speaking -- or is someone like that a "crook"? And while I am on the subject, what is a crook? What sort of person (and what sort of profession) utilises the crook? Can it even be labelled as a sort of cane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveykinkle View Post
Satan has freewill and then theoretically it should be able to be redeemed. To me at least it would seem all entities with freewill must have at least some good in them.
Upon reading that portion of Mr Harvey's communication, I was fighting back tears. There is no smiley face available on the SAS graphical user interface which might accurately represent how I was feeling.

I want to be more like the Superman character as portrayed by Brandon Routh again, and less like Brandon Breyer of Brightburn. But when Kal El of Krypton returned in the DC comic books of the 1990s, it was as a black-clothed person with long flowing hair.

Well here I am. This is aimed at you, hateful system which I am going to help be improved. I'm Dani Ramos. JC No More, to paraphrase the words printed on the cover of a famous Spider-Man story -- but I am inverting the meaning of that phrase, yet again.

I wear the trappings of the Sith. I fight like the Sith. I am no imitation. I am fear. I am the Sith, but I am not Sith.

Welcome to my world. Hateful system: GET OUT!

Last edited by XebelRebel; 12-08-2019 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Don't harm the wrong person (Mr Turnbull), by the way.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 03:52 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
I feel ok.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 01:08 AM
SAS Member

@XebelRebel

I am glad you appreciated my post and I feel similarly about forums. They are way more natural to me than Facebook or Twitter. What I remember about Harvey Dent is mainly from The Dark Knight. He's tragic in that movie because even though he wanted to be the hero he fulfilled his own prophecy of becoming the villain.

Quote:
Whoever fights with monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into the abyss the abyss gazes back into you. - Nietzsche
Sometimes I feel like Harvey Dent wanting to change the world. It's a chaotic place though, and I see so little on the grand scale that it's hard to know if my actions will play out as I intend them. Harvey Kinkle is a simple man. I admire that quality. He doesn't ask the bigger questions while I always do. He sees the good in others and I try to do that. If I had social skills maybe I'd have a Sabrina like he does. Or maybe not and I'd be destined to look to the heavens either way. I hope you can be the kind of Superman you want to be.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page