Does God hate cancer? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
butterball

My Mood: Mellow

Does God hate cancer?

I was watching a tele-evangelist talk about healing and prayer, it may have been Pat Robertson. But he was saying that God hates cancer and talked about the importance of prayer leading to healing.

But if God created the universe then wouldn't cancer be a part of God's creation? Does God decide who gets cancer and who will be healed? I wonder if there is a part of the bible that explains this. I am new to the notion of Satan, but it seems like Satan would bring cancer if it were caused by sin, but people that lead Godly lives still get deadly illnesses regardless.

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 11:03 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Everything not good came after the Fall. Cancer was never part of God's design.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 12:59 AM
Absolute Thinker

Language: English
God/Satan never created diseases, but it only designed diseases based on a criteria that's been met genetically. Designed based on a criteria meaning there's someone within God's domain, who is giving God ideas. God never reverse diseases, if it hates, but only follows a protocol.

Look famous celebrities can get diseases, but their existence aren't valued enough to be respected with receiving technologies that can remove diseases. Just like famous celebrities can crash in a car or on an airplane, but they never had access to their own memory to avoid the crash. The public information diseases comes from the it who is designing the diseases, and it may have a copy of us to translate the diseases into vessel.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA computionally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events in their own environment.

NSA Software Engineers designing citizens mind, language and awareness incorrectly.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 02:38 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
God works in mysterious ways now, don't question anything or you're not getting into heaven & that's that : /

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
butterball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin001 View Post
Everything not good came after the Fall. Cancer was never part of God's design.

I see. It's hard to conceive that God would allow disease to hurt people. But if disease was not a part of God's plan then it was Satan's creation? When you're fresh to this concept it's a bit much to wrap your mind around.

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
butterball

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionlessThug View Post
God/Satan never created diseases, but it only designed diseases based on a criteria that's been met genetically. Designed based on a criteria meaning there's someone within God's domain, who is giving God ideas. God never reverse diseases, if it hates, but only follows a protocol.

Look famous celebrities can get diseases, but their existence aren't valued enough to be respected with receiving technologies that can remove diseases. Just like famous celebrities can crash in a car or on an airplane, but they never had access to their own memory to avoid the crash. The public information diseases comes from the it who is designing the diseases, and it may have a copy of us to translate the diseases into vessel.

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Stephen Colbert
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
butterball

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
God works in mysterious ways now, don't question anything or you're not getting into heaven & that's that : /

Nah He wants us to explore, after all we are exploring other worlds for life and we haven't been punished yet.

Stephen Colbert
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:59 PM
I Am Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfan View Post
I see. It's hard to conceive that God would allow disease to hurt people. But if disease was not a part of God's plan then it was Satan's creation? When you're fresh to this concept it's a bit much to wrap your mind around.
Result of sin. After Adam and Eve failed.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 11:02 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
But why was sin an option ? And why couldn't god just start over ? It would have been much easier to nip sin in the bud then, than it is now.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
butterball

Quote:

Okay I think I need to read more about original sin. Thanks Kevin

Stephen Colbert
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 06:19 AM
I Am Second

Quote:
But why was sin an option ? And why couldn't god just start over ? It would have been much easier to nip sin in the bud then, than it is now.
All part of His plan. Everything is about God's glory and by sin entering the world it introduces us to Jesus .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfan View Post
Okay I think I need to read more about original sin. Thanks Kevin
Yeah just dive into the word brother.

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 11:26 AM
SAS Member

IMO a lot of disease is caused by people ignoring or being ignorant of the dietary rules. Example BMAA https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta-M...mino-L-alanine There's a reason jews and SDA's etc. live longer. I suspect eating pork weakens the immune system and also parents can pass on that weakened immune system to their children. God designed a world where ignoring Him leads to all kinds of problems and suffering but humans chose and still choose to do things their own way.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
butterball

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
IMO a lot of disease is caused by people ignoring or being ignorant of the dietary rules. Example BMAA https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta-M...mino-L-alanine There's a reason jews and SDA's etc. live longer. I suspect eating pork weakens the immune system and also parents can pass on that weakened immune system to their children. God designed a world where ignoring Him leads to all kinds of problems and suffering but humans chose and still choose to do things their own way.

It's definitely in our diet how long we live. I've read about Seventh Day Adventists and how their diet allows them to live longer. I wonder what they call their diet, if it follows the bible. Also cancer is caused by massive amounts of toxins in our environment, like lead paint and tobacco smoke. My family has quite a history of cancer, from skin cancer caused by the sun, and breast cancer mostly. Strangely enough from stories about family history they weren't healthy eaters but were always thin and did live long. People don't like pork but if it is cooked properly it shouldn't be any more unhealthy than beef. Maybe it does matter if though what the source of the meat is. They didn't have the proper cooking tool like we do to test meat, and people didn't eat meat at the levels we do today so they had different quality control. But I am biased because I really enjoy carnitas . All in moderation at least.

This was an interesting program I watched on tv about health lessons from bible if anyone is interested:

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-l...oliness--pt--1

Stephen Colbert
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 04:50 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cool
Everyone's doing a really nice job of answering!

Also, notice how even though bad things happen to people and that people get cancer and have pain, they still love God and put their faith and trust in him. The love of God is stronger then any cancer and only temporary.

The world is quiet here.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 04:15 AM
Russian Modster

Quote:
God didn't want His creation to follow Him just because they were told. He wanted us to choose that ourselves. Love only exists when you're free to love. He could've made us servant machines but chose love instead.

Man had everything at the beginning, but chose to pursue knowledge of good and evil because they wanted more. It's what we all do, really. We want to know for ourselves.

It's kind of like learning the hard way of what we had was better than what we got ourselves into. Finding our way back to our beginning, to regaining what was lost from ourselves (God) hence the need to constantly fill ourselves on things in search of it.

♡ ❤ :: Yesterday's a closing door//You don't live there anymore//Say goodbye to where you've been//And tell your heart to beat again ::♡ ❤

Попроси у облаков
Подарить нам белых снов
Ночь плывет и мы за ней
В мир таинственных огней
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 03:18 PM
SAS Member

i wouldn't listen to Pat Robertson, he's just in it for the money. heres a playlist of better people to study under https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMP...QbGw/playlists

and two sermons to listen to what is man Martyn LLoyd Jones
Why is Christianity rejected
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
butterball

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3188bh View Post
i wouldn't listen to Pat Robertson, he's just in it for the money. heres a playlist of better people to study under https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMP...QbGw/playlists

and two sermons to listen to what is man Martyn LLoyd Jones https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZCV...Z&index=2&t=0s
Why is Christianity rejected https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlVA_XhBHEQ

Thanks I'll watch some. And I do think Pat Robertson is controversial, it's hard to see what is the hidden motivation of some of these popular televangelists.

Stephen Colbert

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page