As a Christian, what do you think of Kanye West Conversion to Christianity ? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad

As a Christian, what do you think of Kanye West Conversion to Christianity ?

I remember very early on in his career when he made the "Jesus walks" song...it felt more like prosperity gospel charlatan stuff that actual preaching ( ps..I don't trust tv evangelists..)

But in the last few days I've links like the one above keep popping up in my youtube...and I've listened to a few of his speeches... a few things he mentioned that spoke to me

1) He mentioned the stigma of his very public mental breakdown, how he was alienated, how other celebrities made fun of him
2) He mentioned how he was cast aside by the rest of the black celebrity community because of his changed politics/religion
3) He admits to having been very hedonistic and says he has changed..
4) He managed to go on Jimmy Kimel show, an ordinary secular show and preach about his Album, even performing...and the best part is...because the Album is called Jesus is King ...it's impossible to talk about it without praising God ....and the entire time, the audience was actually very receptive and positive.

I know....Kanye West says a lot of strange things...but he seems genuine this time.

I know the tendency is to say "this is just another one of his publicity stunts"
Yes Kanye has been as hedonistic as they come, married to one of the most "worldly" women possible, has had very secular ..and sometimes satanic lyrics & images in his music videos

But hey ...the prophet Paul, was once a man named Saul who used to execute Christians..

So who am I to Judge.

I know Kanye West is an unlikely messenger...but its so refreshing to see, Christianity taken about seriously in a mainstream setting with no sarcasm or ridicule abound.

So often when we hear about Christianity nowadays it's either a joke about pedophile priests, something about racist white churches, a joke about loud black churches, a blasphemous depiction of Jesus or some other form of insult.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 05:46 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
I made a thread about this .

https://www.socialanxietysupport.com...n-now-2228339/

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin001 View Post
oh...

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 03:54 PM
SAS Member

He's going to change his name too? "Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West"

https://www.aol.com/article/entertai...eezy/23856353/

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 03:07 PM
SAS Member

Kanye West once said, "I am a god, even though I'm a man of God, lived my whole life in the hand of God, so y'all better quit playing with God." Then again the Bible in John 10:34 states, "Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are 'gods'?" Which was a reference to Psalm 82:6.

A lot of people act like what Christianity is and isn't is very clear but arguably it's not. Probably the biggest debate is faith without works (Jesus died so you get to heaven just for believing in Jesus' sacrifice) and faith with works (Jesus said to deny yourself, take up your cross, and follow him).

The question to me isn't just if Kanye is a Christian now, but if he was before, because he had I'll Fly Away on his first album. But I don't have a concrete answer to either. Every person has their own idea of what one has to do, not do, believe, not believe, etc. to be a Christian and there are so many denominations.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 09:38 PM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfan View Post
He's going to change his name too? "Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West"

https://www.aol.com/article/entertai...eezy/23856353/
Yeah he's just having another manic episode.

Quote:
"When people say it's crass to call yourself a billionaire, I say I might legally change my name to 'Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West' for a year until y'all understand exactly what it is… It will be on the license plate," West concluded.
You know who does?

"Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches,"

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom."

"Let someone else praise you, and not your own mouth; an outsider, and not your own lips."

"For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory."

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Think he's mostly in this for the control though:

Anyway obviously I'm not a fan of Christianity and the hypocrites, so I'm out.

Actually one last thing quote from the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnynihilist View Post
*yawn* another star who had their fun and now that they are getting old and slowing down they magically "find the Lord" and incorporate it into their act.
Oddly they never give up their riches they made off their heathenry...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 11:16 AM
SAS Member

If he's true maybe he should find a true Christian woman because it's nearly impossible to live with a worldly person. His wife on his change:

https://www.christianpost.com/news/k...by-christ.html

"Kardashian West also expressed interest in consulting "mediums," wich is condemned by scripture"
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 11:34 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals View Post
If he's true maybe he should find a true Christian woman because it's nearly impossible to live with a worldly person. His wife on his change:

https://www.christianpost.com/news/k...by-christ.html

"Kardashian West also expressed interest in consulting "mediums," wich is condemned by scripture"
Divorce should never be an option I'm sorry, hopefully she can see something different in him and want that.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 01:40 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cool
I'm not sure. I don't know enough about him, other then he is (or was) a worldly rapper.

I agree, tho, I want to start seeing change in his family.

The world is quiet here.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 02:34 PM
SAS Member

He is still being egotistical: "Now the greatest artist that God has ever created is working for him." But then people are enjoying the gospel with him so I don't see anything suspicious yet.

Crazy how people paid hundreds of dollars on the black market to see Joel Osteen's service with Kanye today.

This video is from last week but features a young guy who went to his first church service because of Kanye:
(fox news sorry)

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 09:37 PM
SAS Member

I think it's great and I admire his boldness for the Lord.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page