Would you say you're a mummy's boy/girl? - Social Anxiety Forum
View Poll Results: Would you say you're a mummy's boy/girl?
Yes 6 42.86%
No 8 57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Would you say you're a mummy's boy/girl?

Yes or no
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 03:30 PM
bipolar

I always preferred my Mum - she was lovely, always back you up and you could (almost) do no wrong. My Dad was a bit scary.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 05:23 PM
Ω

No, I much prefer to cremate my bodies.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 06:26 PM
Failure's Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni-slash View Post
No, I much prefer to cremate my bodies.
Argh you beat me to it.

Everybody knows you only live a day but it's brilliant anyway
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 07:15 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
I've hated my mother my entire life. Just a deep visceral hatred. When I look back at my diaries from when I was 8 or 9, they were filled with how much I wanted her (or me) dead. I'm going to throw a party when the witch is actually finally dead!

I was kind of a daddy's girl until I realized he wasn't much better. Compared to my mom, sure. But that's a really low bar.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 08:38 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf in the wind View Post
I've hated my mother my entire life. Just a deep visceral hatred. When I look back at my diaries from when I was 8 or 9, they were filled with how much I wanted her (or me) dead. I'm going to throw a party when the witch is actually finally dead!

I was kind of a daddy's girl until I realized he wasn't much better. Compared to my mom, sure. But that's a really low bar.
That's horrible. That must be very painful.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 08:48 PM
Pesky Pessimist

No way. I will probably vomit with the constant scent of rotting flesh and embalming substances.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 08:55 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
That's horrible. That must be very painful.
I often think I'll feel better once she's dead, but in reality it's going to hurt me for long after. But still, her being dead would be a welcome relief.

For one person, she's genuinely caused a **** ton of pain. Me, my brother, father, her mother, her siblings, and nephews all hate(d) her... and yet she still has the gall to say it's everyone else who's the problem, not her.

God, why was this woman ever born. She and her parents should be ashamed.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 09:09 PM
bipolar

Quote:
I often think I'll feel better once she's dead, but in reality it's going to hurt me for long after. But still, her being dead would be a welcome relief.

For one person, she's genuinely caused a **** ton of pain. Me, my brother, father, her mother, her siblings, and nephews all hate(d) her... and yet she still has the gall to say it's everyone else who's the problem, not her.

God, why was this woman ever born. She and her parents should be ashamed.
Have you ever talked to anyone about it? Like a therapist?

I don't know if it would help but it might.

I just got off the phone a while ago with this lady - I'm going to start doing some Gestalt therapy with them. I got their number from a crisis centre I called the other day when I wasn't feeling well.

I told this lady today that I can always tell by their voice if I'm going to like them. I said I could talk to her all day. Somehow I doubt she'd feel the same way though.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-14-2020, 01:50 AM
Pesky Pessimist

Quote:

While I will never wish ill-will or physical misfortune on anyone, I do share the same theoretical feeling with mine. I have often imagined it myself. Likely a huge sense of closeted relief also with the realization that "o yea.. I am suppose to feel sad." Still this feeling feels f'ed up though.
But with the way her health is right now and the energy level of someone half her age, she will probably stick around for a long time and outlive me.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-14-2020, 02:09 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
I told this lady today that I can always tell by their voice if I'm going to like them. I said I could talk to her all day. Somehow I doubt she'd feel the same way though. <a href="http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a>
Lol, I would feel uncomfortable if someone told me that. It's kind of judgemental to decide wether you like someone just by their voice and not what they are actually saying. It would also put pressure on me to try to keep my tone up to the standards, that's because my particular fear of dissapointment though.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-14-2020, 04:33 AM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by incapaz dseguir mintiendo View Post
Lol, I would feel uncomfortable if someone told me that. It's kind of judgemental to decide wether you like someone just by their voice and not what they are actually saying. It would also put pressure on me to try to keep my tone up to the standards, that's because my particular fear of dissapointment though.
It's okay - I'm sure she can handle it, she was the intake lady for this therapy place. She didn't seem to care - she could probably tell I was just mucking around.

She had a nice voice - but you're right, I'm extremely judgemental.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-14-2020, 04:53 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
She had a nice voice - but you're right, I'm extremely judgemental.
Try to be less judgemental then, you shouldn't just accept you are judgemental and keep being that way, that's my suggestion anyways.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-14-2020, 05:12 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Have you ever talked to anyone about it? Like a therapist?

I don't know if it would help but it might.

I just got off the phone a while ago with this lady - I'm going to start doing some Gestalt therapy with them. I got their number from a crisis centre I called the other day when I wasn't feeling well.

I told this lady today that I can always tell by their voice if I'm going to like them. I said I could talk to her all day. Somehow I doubt she'd feel the same way though.
I've been too busy with work but I've reached out to a therapy office. They're expensive sessions ($100+/hour) so I don't just want to wing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dino View Post
While I will never wish ill-will or physical misfortune on anyone, I do share the same theoretical feeling with mine. I have often imagined it myself. Likely a huge sense of closeted relief also with the realization that "o yea.. I am suppose to feel sad." Still this feeling feels f'ed up though.
But with the way her health is right now and the energy level of someone half her age, she will probably stick around for a long time and outlive me.
Part of what ****ed me up is being made to feel guilty and responsible for my own abuse. Worse than that, being made to pity and sympathize my own abuser. Not just when I was a teenager or adult FYI - from when I was as young as 5 or 6. It genuinely, genuinely has screwed me mentally beyond belief.

I won't pretend or feel guilty when I say it will be a wonderful day when the demon who abused me for over 2 decades is finally dead.

My relatives who enabled her are just as bad. They would never want their own kids or grandkids treated that way, but to me, they just say "it's just what your mother is like" and to just take it. I wouldn't be sad if anyone in my family dies besides my brothers.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-14-2020, 07:38 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by incapaz dseguir mintiendo View Post
Try to be less judgemental then, you shouldn't just accept you are judgemental and keep being that way, that's my suggestion anyways.
Okay mate - thanks for the advice, nice talking to you.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-15-2020, 03:08 AM
Pesky Pessimist

Quote:
I
Part of what ****ed me up is being made to feel guilty and responsible for my own abuse. Worse than that, being made to pity and sympathize my own abuser. Not just when I was a teenager or adult FYI - from when I was as young as 5 or 6. It genuinely, genuinely has screwed me mentally beyond belief.

I won't pretend or feel guilty when I say it will be a wonderful day when the demon who abused me for over 2 decades is finally dead.

My relatives who enabled her are just as bad. They would never want their own kids or grandkids treated that way, but to me, they just say "it's just what your mother is like" and to just take it. I wouldn't be sad if anyone in my family dies besides my brothers.

Taking chronic abuse even as an adult is tough, can't imagine taking it as a child, especially at that age.

I always see enablers as victims themselves, but becoming enablers to just to redirect the abuser to focus their other victims instead. I've played the enabler role numerous times as well, just get my mom to focus her attack on my other siblings. They did the same to me. My dad did this to us all the time. It's like musical chairs, whoever gets the chair will be safe from the abuser. So the fight for it and leave the remaining person out to dry. Without the abuser, there will be no enablers to begin with. But enablers only further empower the abuser. Chronic abusers turn others against each other by forcing them to becoming selfish out of distress. The whole social complex they manifest is a horrible thing.

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-15-2020, 08:23 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dino View Post
Taking chronic abuse even as an adult is tough, can't imagine taking it as a child, especially at that age.

I always see enablers as victims themselves, but becoming enablers to just to redirect the abuser to focus their other victims instead. I've played the enabler role numerous times as well, just get my mom to focus her attack on my other siblings. They did the same to me. My dad did this to us all the time. It's like musical chairs, whoever gets the chair will be safe from the abuser. So the fight for it and leave the remaining person out to dry. Without the abuser, there will be no enablers to begin with. But enablers only further empower the abuser. Chronic abusers turn others against each other by forcing them to becoming selfish out of distress. The whole social complex they manifest is a horrible thing.
The enablers were adults. I was a child. They were not the victims here.

Aaand that leads me to yet another issue that's caused me mental problems... all the shameless emotional incest. I don't know if I just seemed like a really mature kid who could take it, or people just hated me, but everyone seemed to dump their emotional problems onto me to bear. Financial problems? Infidelity? A spouse is stealing money? You just need to rant about how relative wronged you and the kid should hate the relative as well, even if it's the kid's own father or grandmother? Let's cry about it to the kid and make her carry the burdens!

**** my family, and you know what, **** anyone trying to make excuses for them.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-24-2020, 10:48 PM
SASsy

Language: King's English
My Mood: Crappy
Definetly a mama's boy.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2020, 06:59 PM
Failure's Art

I was always super independent as a kid. I always wanted to be in my own little world and do my own thing separately from everyone else. Including my family.

In elementary school I used to get up really early and walk to school like an hour before it opened and just hang out there by myself. It felt like I had the whole school to myself, almost like I was the only person left on Earth because I was alone in a location that under normal circumstances was such a flurry of activity. I got a big kick out of that. Transforming a place that was normally held in common into my very own.

But anyway, I would run off all the time as a kid as early as like 4th or 5th grade grade and when I became a teenager I would be gone all day long or all weekend sometimes. I never wanted to be anywhere near my family especially my parents. And not because I hated them lol, they're really nice people. I just craved doing things on my own and liked the relative seclusion. And as conservative as they were, they seemed to get that and let me go off on my own whenever I wanted. They actually usually encouraged it, I think they thought I'd mature quicker or something.

Everybody knows you only live a day but it's brilliant anyway
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2020, 03:45 PM
SAS Member

I am or was made her death so hard last ear.

"Life's a song. You don't get to rehearse. And every single verse. Can make it that much worse." -Buffy Summers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page