Are you watching it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is watching today's launch attempt?

2K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Blue Dino 
#1 ·
I wouldn't miss it but I hope it goes.

#2 ·
Yes I might try, it's gonna be live on BBC news I think in 2 hours.

#4 ·
It was cool. The landing of the Falcon rocket on the pad in the ocean was a bit odd, though. As it was coming down, you couldn't tell that it was from the stationary camera, then the camera cut out for no more than four seconds. When it came back, the rocket was on the pad and didn't even look like it had just landed. Odd.

#5 ·
What's even more weird is the name of the ships (there are THREE).....
"Of Course I Still Love You" <- the one that has the rocket.
"A Shortfall of Gravitas"
"Just Read the Instructions"

#6 ·
It strangely seem pretty non-climatic. Which I think is a good thing.

Hope this doesn't end up being just another one off side project from them. Although commercial space exploration will remain impractical for the next many decades. But it's still a pretty cool feat. A good distraction from all the crap that is going on in the world right now.

#10 ·
It strangely seem pretty non-climatic. Which I think is a good thing.

Hope this doesn't end up being just another one off side project from them. Although commercial space exploration will remain impractical for the next many decades. But it's still a pretty cool feat. A good distraction from all the crap that is going on in the world right now.
The main problem with the shuttle was that the heat shield was very fragile and was not protected during launch and that finally bit them.

But of course Challenger was a different failure. A rocket could still fail.

This post has been deleted
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.