Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Voting Booth (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f36/)
-   -   Which Vegetable Do You Like The Least? (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f36/which-vegetable-do-you-like-the-least-2223749/)

blue2 05-23-2019 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchy666 (Post 1093724209)
the vegetable named "YOU!!!"
the word i hate the most

....Even if I cover myself in barbeque sauce :cry

Blue Dino 05-23-2019 03:27 AM

Most of the veggies varies greatly depending on how you prepared, cooked and flavored them. But I think the two from the list I think I dislike regardless are corn and celery. Also not a big fan of spinach mostly due to its texture of it cooked, but at times it can taste pretty good. But that's rare.

I actually like Squash being if you cooked them and mush them, they make a good flavoring paste to various things you can mix it with. I always like doing this with brown rice.

Steve French 05-23-2019 04:04 AM

I went for Brussels sprouts. And I have just now learned they aren't brussel sprouts. I don't mind them usually, but I find if you don't cook them right or well they get a bit bitter and gross tasting. I don't dislike most vegetables when I think about it. I don't love them either, it's just like, they are quite often bland or lacking something. All in how they are prepared or what they are served with. Like, I love a good salad. Or my mother's brown sugar carrots. But on their own carrots are just meh. Need a bit of sauce or something.

SplendidBob 05-23-2019 04:15 AM

Love sprouts :)

Hate the brocolli.

Haven't eaten pumpkin, don't intend to.

Most other vegetables are tolerable, or nice depending on how they are cooked. You can make most things tolerable by cooking in butter, for example.

Potato's shouldn't really be in the vegetables category imo. Vegetables are basically all grouped under the category of "foods with minimal hedonic value". Potato doesn't belong in that group. ;)

Persephone The Dread 05-23-2019 04:37 AM

I don't like broccoli or cauliflower much. I haven't tried kale, not sure I've tried squash either.

Suchness 05-23-2019 06:37 AM

Oh yeah, I don't really like butter beans.

nubly 05-23-2019 10:44 AM

mushrooms

Eleonora91 05-23-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3stacks (Post 1093723947)
It's a well known fact in my mind that the bumps make them taste worse.

You should try them mate.

veron 05-23-2019 12:59 PM

Pumpkin and celery are the worst. I don't think I could digest celery if I was paid to do so, lol

Broccoli - not a huge fan, but it's tolerable. I have liked some creamy sauces with broccoli.
Beans - are these vegetables? :P
Peas, Corn - likeable
Spinach - adult spinach can be bitter, which is why I'm guessing a lot of people don't like it. I like to dice it up finely and add it to a bechamel sauce, with a bit of sugar, to take off the bitterness.
Kale - pretty good mixed with boiled potatoes, oil, salt, and a bit of garlic
Parsnips - this one is pretty bad. I forgot to vote for it
Lettuce - nice for a salad
Tomato - best vegetable ever
Radish - they're fairly watery and bland, so I'm not sure why people wouldn't like them
Capsicum/Bell Pepper - I love them cooked
Cauliflower - I'm a fan. I like making a "mashed potatoes" version of this vegetable, where you use cauliflower instead of potato
Cabbage - great cooked or raw
Zucchini/Squash - not sure what the difference is, but I love them
Carrot - OK
Potato - amazing, obviously
Brussels Sprouts - haven't had them much but they were OK from what I remember

copper 05-23-2019 03:50 PM

Okra:puke

farfegnugen 05-23-2019 09:11 PM

I don't care for peas by themselves, but they're okay in stirfry and other dishes. I am not big into cooked mushrooms, I suppose that's not a veggie, though I don't mind them raw in salads is okay. I don't like a lot of cooked onion either in most things.

twistix 05-23-2019 09:23 PM

That Random Guy 05-24-2019 09:44 AM

Disclosure

I only voted for Brussels Sprouts because the only time I recall trying them, they were prepared horribly.

That being said, I'm one of those folk that actually really likes vegetables (when they're prepared well). If we're talking about raw vegetables, then I think the only thing I'd want to eat is Asparagus.

Everything else sucks when it's raw.. no offense. :lol

Preparing vegetables well enough is arguably one of the reasons why the Japanese diet so well. That's half of what they eat—and also smaller portions.

Eleonora91 05-24-2019 11:52 AM

I love all of the vegetables listed above LOL
Being a vegetarian I've learnt to try out new vegetables and like them.

My least favourite is chicory which I actually never eat but it's traditionally used in dishes in my region. Pretty sure most non-italian people haven't even heard of it.

Hank Scorpio 05-24-2019 09:39 PM

Broccoli is gross.
Lettuce is too and so annoyingly omnipresent.
But the worst is cauliflower. Smells like feet and for all I know tastes like them too.

BeautyandRage 05-24-2019 10:18 PM

Celery is ****ing gross what is it even like nasty flavored crunch water wtf

WillYouStopDave 05-24-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamanthaStrange (Post 1093723631)
I don't really like radish or cauliflower.

This needs to be explained. I'll let the radish thing slide but people are not supposed to dislike cauliflower.

Silent Memory 05-24-2019 10:42 PM

I saw radishes yesterday. :) I kept getting them mixed up with rhubarb before this thread, which I think I got mixed up with long, red potatoes. I can only remember cauliflower as being like a tasteless, colourless version of broccoli. Maybe I should try it again.

I’ve been mixing a spoonful of bechamel sauce and some melted mozzarella cheese though my vegetables, and it makes them much nicer. Even carrots are okay like that.

SamanthaStrange 05-24-2019 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave (Post 1093725773)
This needs to be explained. I'll let the radish thing slide but people are not supposed to dislike cauliflower.

Why not? :lol

Suchness 05-24-2019 10:51 PM

Wonder if they ate radishes on the Titanic, maybe that's what threw them off.