Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Voting Booth (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f36/)
-   -   Which Fruit Do You Like The Least? (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f36/which-fruit-do-you-like-the-least-2223771/)

blue2 05-25-2019 12:08 AM

11 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave (Post 1093725891)
I think bananas taste better when they're slightly green too. Not just better texture. They have a bit of a tartness that's not there after they go yellow.

...I actually like them better when the brown spots appear on the outside, really mature taste, I think it interesting how everyone's perceptions of similar foods can be different.

Blue Dino 05-25-2019 02:43 AM

Pineapple always stings my tongue and mouth if I eat more than a few.

Kevin001 05-25-2019 04:37 AM

Cherries yuck lol

komorikun 05-25-2019 01:54 PM

I like almost all of them. Just that some only taste good in a drink or smoothie- the flavor is good but there are more seeds than edible parts.

For example Maracuya:

https://http2.mlstatic.com/maracuya-...9_062016-F.jpg

Haven't had durian though.

harrison 05-25-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komorikun (Post 1093726283)
I like almost all of them. Just that some only taste good in a drink or smoothie- the flavor is good but there are more seeds than edible parts.


https://http2.mlstatic.com/maracuya-...9_062016-F.jpg

Haven't had durian though.

It's pretty weird.

farfegnugen 05-26-2019 03:33 PM

I have never been able to eat a grapefruit, and I must not care for pears because I can't remember the last time I had one.

leaf in the wind 05-26-2019 04:06 PM

I don't typically like the really exotic stuff, like dragonfruit or durian.

shyguy07 05-26-2019 09:42 PM

Bananas I don't care for either in general other than when they're the perfect ripeness and taste sweet, which is rare. They're either really bitter and suddenly they're almost rotten. My mom buys them so I eat them since I'm the only one that does. I've never had tamarillos, durians or rockemellons.

But otherwise most fruit I really like, though the ones with tiny seeds like raspberry and blueberry annoy me because they get stuck in my teeth.

WillYouStopDave 05-26-2019 10:23 PM

@Blue Dino

You hate pears AND plums! That's uncalled for!

:lol

Shadowweaver 05-26-2019 11:37 PM

I like all of them and continuously rotate between them (except for the durian fruit which I've never tried). That said, raspberry is probably the only fruit I don't enjoy eating on its own and always need to mix with something. Raspberry mixed with oatmeal and a bit of milk makes for a very yummy meal, but raspberry alone is only good at burning my stomach.

Now, I obviously can't eat lemons/limes on their own either, but I can drink lemon/lime juice or smoothie just fine. With raspberries, it just doesn't work well.

PurplePeopleEater 05-27-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowweaver (Post 1093727465)
I like all of them and continuously rotate between them (except for the durian fruit which I've never tried). That said, raspberry is probably the only fruit I don't enjoy eating on its own and always need to mix with something. Raspberry mixed with oatmeal and a bit of milk makes for a very yummy meal, but raspberry alone is only good at burning my stomach.

Now, I obviously can't eat lemons/limes on their own either, but I can drink lemon/lime juice or smoothie just fine. With raspberries, it just doesn't work well.

Yea. Haha. I don't think lemons and limes are meant to be eaten by themselves anyways. xD But lemonade is yummy and smoothies with almost any fruit is good, too.

Shadowweaver 05-27-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater (Post 1093727885)
Yea. Haha. I don't think lemons and limes are meant to be eaten by themselves anyways. xD But lemonade is yummy and smoothies with almost any fruit is good, too.

Some people can do it. I had a friend who could take a raw lemon and eat it whole. :eek: Maybe some people just have higher acidity tolerance?

Evo1114 05-27-2019 03:51 PM

All are pretty good (never had durian or tamarillo). I just voted for Cantaloupe because they taste so boring.

That Random Guy 05-27-2019 03:59 PM

Seeds
 
Anything with seeds in it for which I have to work to avoid swallowing isn't worth the time.

I love acidic foods and I have been able to eat a lime on its own before.

EDIT:

The only reason I voted for watermelon is because eating them the way I do causes me to have to go to the bathroom in trips (which is an inconvenience for me).

Otherwise, I find it a very nice snack to have in the summer when it comes seedless.

PurplePeopleEater 05-27-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowweaver (Post 1093727949)
Some people can do it. I had a friend who could take a raw lemon and eat it whole. :eek: Maybe some people just have higher acidity tolerance?

Hmm. Yea, possibly. :laugh: I don't think I've tried it that way but once and it wasn't bad but not something I'd eat without it being in something.

Blue Dino 05-27-2019 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave (Post 1093727433)
@Blue Dino

You hate pears AND plums! That's uncalled for!

:lol


Mushy, messy and mashy texture, while often times it can be unpleasantly sour. No thanks... :?

Suchness 05-27-2019 11:51 PM

Haven't tried durian and tomarillos but I like all the other ones. I love my fruit, I have it everyday band I don't feel right if I don't.

Shadowweaver 05-28-2019 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater (Post 1093728015)
Hmm. Yea, possibly. :laugh: I don't think I've tried it that way but once and it wasn't bad but not something I'd eat without it being in something.

You are lucky! ;) Every time I tried it, my tongue was on fire, and the stomach hurt insanely.

On the other hand, I can probably eat a few lb of oranges over lunch and be just fine. Weird!

slyfox 05-28-2019 12:11 AM

Eat tomatillos occasionally but have never seen tamarillos in grocery stores where I live.


I'm voting cantaloupe and durians. I have never tried durian but from what I've heard I wouldn't likely like it. Could eat cantaloupe in small amounts but not a fan of it. If I was at someone's house and they served it I'm sure I could eat what they gave me to avoid awkwardness. Not on the list, but I'm not a big fan of Avocado. It seems to go bad really quickly and I don't like it that much unless it is made into guacamole.

WillYouStopDave 05-28-2019 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Dino (Post 1093725975)
Pineapple always stings my tongue and mouth if I eat more than a few.

I think people use it for meat tenderizer so maybe it's trying to tenderize your tongue. :lol


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000-2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome