Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Voting Booth (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f36/)
-   -   Which Fruit Do You Like The Least? (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f36/which-fruit-do-you-like-the-least-2223771/)

Silent Memory 05-23-2019 04:05 AM

Which Fruit Do You Like The Least?
 
Thereís a vegetable poll, so now thereís a fruit one. :)

blue2 05-23-2019 05:17 AM

11 Attachment(s)
I've never had tamarillos, Durians or rockmelon's I don't recall anyway, other than that out of the ones I know, probably lemon, but I have a bit in Corona beer sometimes & its fine for that, mostly use lime though.

tea111red 05-23-2019 05:38 AM

i've heard durians smell really bad.

harrison 05-23-2019 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tea111red (Post 1093724371)
i've heard durians smell really bad.

And they taste pretty strange too - you either like it or hate it. I had some one time and it was sort of like eating banana and onion at the same time - or something like that. I might try it again next time I go to Bangkok. It's pretty weird stuff.

harrison 05-23-2019 06:04 AM

I'm not a huge fan of apples tbh - I like apple juice though. I love bananas, rockmelon, kiwifruit, mangoes, plums, peaches - and of course watermelon.

ScorchedEarth 05-23-2019 06:25 AM

I like almost all of them, but the seeds (?) inside a mandarin really diminish the eating experience. Same for oranges and grapes. Not sure why these are being sold when the clearly superior seedless ones exist.

Silent Memory 05-23-2019 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison (Post 1093724389)
And they taste pretty strange too - you either like it or hate it. I had some one time and it was sort of like eating banana and onion at the same time - or something like that. I might try it again next time I go to Bangkok. It's pretty weird stuff.

What do they smell like? I remember reading they were banned somewhere because of how bad they smell.

EmotionlessThug 05-23-2019 10:50 AM

Dragon fruit.

Tetragammon 05-23-2019 11:05 AM

Durians!!!

I lived in Singapore for several years and I actually tried one once. They smell absolutely awful, kind of like week-old stinky socks. And while they don't taste quite as bad as they smell, they still are not good. Kind of garlic-y, but really pungent. I still don't understand how anyone could actually eat them. In fact, they smell so bad that they were banned on Singapore's subway system.

Lonelyguy 05-23-2019 11:38 AM

I love fresh fruit. Never tried durians or tamarillos. I don't see what all the fuss is over avacados though. They're greasy and tasteless. To me its about like eating Crisco straight out of the can.

C137 05-23-2019 12:32 PM

Durian is the worst smelling crap ever.

harrison 05-23-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Memory (Post 1093724399)
What do they smell like? I remember reading they were banned somewhere because of how bad they smell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetragammon (Post 1093724513)
Durians!!!

I lived in Singapore for several years and I actually tried one once. They smell absolutely awful, kind of like week-old stinky socks. And while they don't taste quite as bad as they smell, they still are not good. Kind of garlic-y, but really pungent. I still don't understand how anyone could actually eat them. In fact, they smell so bad that they were banned on Singapore's subway system.

Yuck! When I had it it was actually in a restaurant here in Melbourne - not up in SE Asia, so I didn't smell the whole thing. They just brought it to me on a plate.

I've heard they're pretty bad though - anything from smelly-socks to a bit like an open sewer. It's a bit like a lot of parts of SE Asia itself - Bangkok smelt a bit like that quite often, so does Jakarta - even right outside a fancy mall.

Would have been fun living in Singapore - did you like it?

PurplePeopleEater 05-23-2019 01:51 PM

Bananas and cherries. I eat bananas but I just don't like them. They have a weird taste and when they turn brown they taste kind of bitter. Cherries taste a bit like medicine to me.

Never had durians, tomarillos, or plums. I've been wanting to try plums for awhile. Kiwis are delicious. I love grapes, peaches, strawberries, oranges, kiwi, and honeydew the most. Then pineapple, watermelon and apples. There's not much fruit I don't like. Pears are yummy, too.

WillYouStopDave 05-23-2019 01:53 PM

I can't really eat most of them (sugar/carbs) but there are almost none I wouldn't eat often if I could. Not too fond of lemons or limes so I picked those.

AffinityWing 05-23-2019 02:00 PM

Not on there, but I never liked grapefruits.

WillYouStopDave 05-23-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AffinityWing (Post 1093724609)
Not on there, but I never liked grapefruits.

I hate them too.

rabidfoxes 05-23-2019 03:36 PM

Durians. I only had durian ice cream, it tasted like weird cheese. I thought it went down alright, but then it turned out not to be the case. Had me throwing up for hours on the night train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok.

Canadian Brotha 05-24-2019 11:27 PM

Which Fruit Do You Like The Least?
 
Iím not big on bananas unless they are just after ripening, so somewhat lightly green as opposed to yellow because they are firmer then, I hate the texture once they soften even slightly. Hate grapefruit though

tea111red 05-25-2019 12:00 AM

there were these guavas (white on the inside) i ate last year that were not good. i didn't like all the seeds, either.

WillYouStopDave 05-25-2019 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Brotha (Post 1093725847)
Iím not big on bananas unless they are just after ripening, so somewhat lightly green as opposed to yellow because they are firmer then, I hate the texture once they soften even slightly. Hate grapefruit though

I think bananas taste better when they're slightly green too. Not just better texture. They have a bit of a tartness that's not there after they go yellow.

blue2 05-25-2019 01:08 AM

11 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave (Post 1093725891)
I think bananas taste better when they're slightly green too. Not just better texture. They have a bit of a tartness that's not there after they go yellow.

...I actually like them better when the brown spots appear on the outside, really mature taste, I think it interesting how everyone's perceptions of similar foods can be different.

Blue Dino 05-25-2019 03:43 AM

Pineapple always stings my tongue and mouth if I eat more than a few.

Kevin001 05-25-2019 05:37 AM

Cherries yuck lol

komorikun 05-25-2019 02:54 PM

I like almost all of them. Just that some only taste good in a drink or smoothie- the flavor is good but there are more seeds than edible parts.

For example Maracuya:

https://http2.mlstatic.com/maracuya-...9_062016-F.jpg

Haven't had durian though.

harrison 05-25-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komorikun (Post 1093726283)
I like almost all of them. Just that some only taste good in a drink or smoothie- the flavor is good but there are more seeds than edible parts.


https://http2.mlstatic.com/maracuya-...9_062016-F.jpg

Haven't had durian though.

It's pretty weird.

farfegnugen 05-26-2019 04:33 PM

I have never been able to eat a grapefruit, and I must not care for pears because I can't remember the last time I had one.

leaf in the wind 05-26-2019 05:06 PM

I don't typically like the really exotic stuff, like dragonfruit or durian.

shyguy07 05-26-2019 10:42 PM

Bananas I don't care for either in general other than when they're the perfect ripeness and taste sweet, which is rare. They're either really bitter and suddenly they're almost rotten. My mom buys them so I eat them since I'm the only one that does. I've never had tamarillos, durians or rockemellons.

But otherwise most fruit I really like, though the ones with tiny seeds like raspberry and blueberry annoy me because they get stuck in my teeth.

WillYouStopDave 05-26-2019 11:23 PM

@Blue Dino

You hate pears AND plums! That's uncalled for!

:lol

Shadowweaver 05-27-2019 12:37 AM

I like all of them and continuously rotate between them (except for the durian fruit which I've never tried). That said, raspberry is probably the only fruit I don't enjoy eating on its own and always need to mix with something. Raspberry mixed with oatmeal and a bit of milk makes for a very yummy meal, but raspberry alone is only good at burning my stomach.

Now, I obviously can't eat lemons/limes on their own either, but I can drink lemon/lime juice or smoothie just fine. With raspberries, it just doesn't work well.

PurplePeopleEater 05-27-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowweaver (Post 1093727465)
I like all of them and continuously rotate between them (except for the durian fruit which I've never tried). That said, raspberry is probably the only fruit I don't enjoy eating on its own and always need to mix with something. Raspberry mixed with oatmeal and a bit of milk makes for a very yummy meal, but raspberry alone is only good at burning my stomach.

Now, I obviously can't eat lemons/limes on their own either, but I can drink lemon/lime juice or smoothie just fine. With raspberries, it just doesn't work well.

Yea. Haha. I don't think lemons and limes are meant to be eaten by themselves anyways. xD But lemonade is yummy and smoothies with almost any fruit is good, too.

Shadowweaver 05-27-2019 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater (Post 1093727885)
Yea. Haha. I don't think lemons and limes are meant to be eaten by themselves anyways. xD But lemonade is yummy and smoothies with almost any fruit is good, too.

Some people can do it. I had a friend who could take a raw lemon and eat it whole. :eek: Maybe some people just have higher acidity tolerance?

Evo1114 05-27-2019 04:51 PM

All are pretty good (never had durian or tamarillo). I just voted for Cantaloupe because they taste so boring.

That Random Guy 05-27-2019 04:59 PM

Seeds
 
Anything with seeds in it for which I have to work to avoid swallowing isn't worth the time.

I love acidic foods and I have been able to eat a lime on its own before.

EDIT:

The only reason I voted for watermelon is because eating them the way I do causes me to have to go to the bathroom in trips (which is an inconvenience for me).

Otherwise, I find it a very nice snack to have in the summer when it comes seedless.

PurplePeopleEater 05-27-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowweaver (Post 1093727949)
Some people can do it. I had a friend who could take a raw lemon and eat it whole. :eek: Maybe some people just have higher acidity tolerance?

Hmm. Yea, possibly. :laugh: I don't think I've tried it that way but once and it wasn't bad but not something I'd eat without it being in something.

Blue Dino 05-28-2019 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave (Post 1093727433)
@Blue Dino

You hate pears AND plums! That's uncalled for!

:lol


Mushy, messy and mashy texture, while often times it can be unpleasantly sour. No thanks... :?

Suchness 05-28-2019 12:51 AM

Haven't tried durian and tomarillos but I like all the other ones. I love my fruit, I have it everyday band I don't feel right if I don't.

Shadowweaver 05-28-2019 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater (Post 1093728015)
Hmm. Yea, possibly. :laugh: I don't think I've tried it that way but once and it wasn't bad but not something I'd eat without it being in something.

You are lucky! ;) Every time I tried it, my tongue was on fire, and the stomach hurt insanely.

On the other hand, I can probably eat a few lb of oranges over lunch and be just fine. Weird!

slyfox 05-28-2019 01:11 AM

Eat tomatillos occasionally but have never seen tamarillos in grocery stores where I live.


I'm voting cantaloupe and durians. I have never tried durian but from what I've heard I wouldn't likely like it. Could eat cantaloupe in small amounts but not a fan of it. If I was at someone's house and they served it I'm sure I could eat what they gave me to avoid awkwardness. Not on the list, but I'm not a big fan of Avocado. It seems to go bad really quickly and I don't like it that much unless it is made into guacamole.

WillYouStopDave 05-28-2019 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Dino (Post 1093725975)
Pineapple always stings my tongue and mouth if I eat more than a few.

I think people use it for meat tenderizer so maybe it's trying to tenderize your tongue. :lol


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000-2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome