Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Voting Booth (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f36/)
-   -   Which Fruit Do You Like The Least? (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f36/which-fruit-do-you-like-the-least-2223771/)

Silent Memory 05-23-2019 04:05 AM

Which Fruit Do You Like The Least?
 
Thereís a vegetable poll, so now thereís a fruit one. :)

blue2 05-23-2019 05:17 AM

11 Attachment(s)
I've never had tamarillos, Durians or rockmelon's I don't recall anyway, other than that out of the ones I know, probably lemon, but I have a bit in Corona beer sometimes & its fine for that, mostly use lime though.

tea111red 05-23-2019 05:38 AM

i've heard durians smell really bad.

harrison 05-23-2019 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tea111red (Post 1093724371)
i've heard durians smell really bad.

And they taste pretty strange too - you either like it or hate it. I had some one time and it was sort of like eating banana and onion at the same time - or something like that. I might try it again next time I go to Bangkok. It's pretty weird stuff.

harrison 05-23-2019 06:04 AM

I'm not a huge fan of apples tbh - I like apple juice though. I love bananas, rockmelon, kiwifruit, mangoes, plums, peaches - and of course watermelon.

ScorchedEarth 05-23-2019 06:25 AM

I like almost all of them, but the seeds (?) inside a mandarin really diminish the eating experience. Same for oranges and grapes. Not sure why these are being sold when the clearly superior seedless ones exist.

Silent Memory 05-23-2019 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison (Post 1093724389)
And they taste pretty strange too - you either like it or hate it. I had some one time and it was sort of like eating banana and onion at the same time - or something like that. I might try it again next time I go to Bangkok. It's pretty weird stuff.

What do they smell like? I remember reading they were banned somewhere because of how bad they smell.

EmotionlessThug 05-23-2019 10:50 AM

Dragon fruit.

Tetragammon 05-23-2019 11:05 AM

Durians!!!

I lived in Singapore for several years and I actually tried one once. They smell absolutely awful, kind of like week-old stinky socks. And while they don't taste quite as bad as they smell, they still are not good. Kind of garlic-y, but really pungent. I still don't understand how anyone could actually eat them. In fact, they smell so bad that they were banned on Singapore's subway system.

Lonelyguy 05-23-2019 11:38 AM

I love fresh fruit. Never tried durians or tamarillos. I don't see what all the fuss is over avacados though. They're greasy and tasteless. To me its about like eating Crisco straight out of the can.

C137 05-23-2019 12:32 PM

Durian is the worst smelling crap ever.

harrison 05-23-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Memory (Post 1093724399)
What do they smell like? I remember reading they were banned somewhere because of how bad they smell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetragammon (Post 1093724513)
Durians!!!

I lived in Singapore for several years and I actually tried one once. They smell absolutely awful, kind of like week-old stinky socks. And while they don't taste quite as bad as they smell, they still are not good. Kind of garlic-y, but really pungent. I still don't understand how anyone could actually eat them. In fact, they smell so bad that they were banned on Singapore's subway system.

Yuck! When I had it it was actually in a restaurant here in Melbourne - not up in SE Asia, so I didn't smell the whole thing. They just brought it to me on a plate.

I've heard they're pretty bad though - anything from smelly-socks to a bit like an open sewer. It's a bit like a lot of parts of SE Asia itself - Bangkok smelt a bit like that quite often, so does Jakarta - even right outside a fancy mall.

Would have been fun living in Singapore - did you like it?

PurplePeopleEater 05-23-2019 01:51 PM

Bananas and cherries. I eat bananas but I just don't like them. They have a weird taste and when they turn brown they taste kind of bitter. Cherries taste a bit like medicine to me.

Never had durians, tomarillos, or plums. I've been wanting to try plums for awhile. Kiwis are delicious. I love grapes, peaches, strawberries, oranges, kiwi, and honeydew the most. Then pineapple, watermelon and apples. There's not much fruit I don't like. Pears are yummy, too.

WillYouStopDave 05-23-2019 01:53 PM

I can't really eat most of them (sugar/carbs) but there are almost none I wouldn't eat often if I could. Not too fond of lemons or limes so I picked those.

AffinityWing 05-23-2019 02:00 PM

Not on there, but I never liked grapefruits.

WillYouStopDave 05-23-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AffinityWing (Post 1093724609)
Not on there, but I never liked grapefruits.

I hate them too.

rabidfoxes 05-23-2019 03:36 PM

Durians. I only had durian ice cream, it tasted like weird cheese. I thought it went down alright, but then it turned out not to be the case. Had me throwing up for hours on the night train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok.

Canadian Brotha 05-24-2019 11:27 PM

Which Fruit Do You Like The Least?
 
Iím not big on bananas unless they are just after ripening, so somewhat lightly green as opposed to yellow because they are firmer then, I hate the texture once they soften even slightly. Hate grapefruit though

tea111red 05-25-2019 12:00 AM

there were these guavas (white on the inside) i ate last year that were not good. i didn't like all the seeds, either.

WillYouStopDave 05-25-2019 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Brotha (Post 1093725847)
Iím not big on bananas unless they are just after ripening, so somewhat lightly green as opposed to yellow because they are firmer then, I hate the texture once they soften even slightly. Hate grapefruit though

I think bananas taste better when they're slightly green too. Not just better texture. They have a bit of a tartness that's not there after they go yellow.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000-2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome