How much did you pay for your eyeglasses? - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum
View Poll Results: How much did you pay for your eyeglasses?
$0-50 8 22.22%
$50-100 5 13.89%
$100-150 6 16.67%
$150-200 1 2.78%
$200-250 5 13.89%
$250-300 2 5.56%
$300-350 1 2.78%
$350-400 2 5.56%
$450-500 2 5.56%
Over $500 4 11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 09:09 PM
Powered By Moisture

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
Tried on like over 100 pairs of glasses. And yep, I look pretty damn ugly in glasses. Don't have a face suitable for glasses. I see that the new trend is to wear cat eye glasses, which just looks awful on me. I'd say like over 80% of the women's glasses they had were cat eye shape. Same thing with these other online eyeglass sites. Almost all cat eye shape.

This is cat eye:

Those are not attractive glasses for women, IMO. I know they're in fashion right now but I personally don't like them. Aside from that, almost every woman looks sexier in glasses if she gets the right ones. There are some plastic ones that look good on just about every woman but they're probably not "in style" right now so if you get them people will treat you like there's something wrong with you because you don't want to look just like everyone else.

I don't know if I'd call those cat eye. I mean, that might be what they're called but I'm not sure why. They look more owl-like to me.

------------

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - Carlin

"They flutter behind you your possible pasts
Some bright-eyed and crazy, some frightened and lost
A warning to anyone still in command
Of their possible future, to take care."
- Pink Floyd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
quinoa pain

Language: 英語と日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Those are not attractive glasses for women, IMO. I know they're in fashion right now but I personally don't like them. Aside from that, almost every woman looks sexier in glasses if she gets the right ones. There are some plastic ones that look good on just about every woman but they're probably not "in style" right now so if you get them people will treat you like there's something wrong with you because you don't want to look just like everyone else.

I don't know if I'd call those cat eye. I mean, that might be what they're called but I'm not sure why. They look more owl-like to me.
I don't think that's true. Some people just look ugly in glasses. Or at least uglier than they look without glasses.

Kitty Therapy

The Meaning of Life

The Grim Reaper

We're going riding on the freeway......
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 10:21 PM
Powered By Moisture

Quote:
I don't think that's true. Some people just look ugly in glasses. Or at least uglier than they look without glasses.
Well, I guess everything is relative. I don't even notice glasses on men. I like them on women because I guess maybe I have a fetish for it or something. But glasses are definitely getting uglier (the ones that are in right now don't appeal to me too much).

------------

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - Carlin

- Pink Floyd

post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 10:42 PM
Powered By Moisture

These ones are inoffensive (for plastic) and seem like they would look fine on just about anyone. Though the fit issue you mentioned might be a problem...

------------

- Pink Floyd
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 03:46 AM
Irreversibly Invisible

My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
Sort of. That color would be great. Those are too wide for my face. I've got a long mildly narrow head (big head). I use Zenni's "try on" feature.

I got these a few years ago and like the shape a lot. So something similar in shape and size to this but translucent would be great. I'm using these right now actually because I bent the metal frame ones too far. They are too weak since my prescription has gotten worse (can't see my toenails when clipping them).

I like the rectangular shape, too. I don't understand why the cat eye shape is so popular. They're so large. My glasses are rectangular with a metallic, light purple frame. I don't wear them outside that often, but I'm picky about the frame.

An actual suffering strengthens,
As sinews do, with age.
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
quinoa pain

Language: 英語と日本語
https://www.zennioptical.com/p/women...?skuId=7803919

Considering these ones. I love the color. Just wish the lens height wasn't so big. Found a couples pictures of people wearing them. I don't look like them at all but gives you an idea:

Kitty Therapy

The Meaning of Life

The Grim Reaper

We're going riding on the freeway......
post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 01:31 AM