Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Have you ever spent over $100 on a clothing/fashion item?

• Yes

Votes: 23 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 30.3%

Have you ever spent over $100 on a clothing/fashion item?

3K views 39 replies 39 participants last post by  Raies 
#1 ·
Yes or no.

#5 ·
I've spent ridiculous amounts of money on just about everything - especially when I was manic. Hard to recall actual amounts for clothes - but I remember buying a lot of stuff I liked in a shop in Paris - I just said I'll have that , and that and that. Would have been a grand or two.

#8 ·
Certainly not. I think the most I ever spent on a clothing item was ~$30 on a pair of shoes once. Probably never spent more than $10 on a shirt or $20 on pants.

The notion that expensive clothes last enough longer to be worth it doesn't hold up. Cheap stuff will last a good decade and by then you may be a different size.

#9 ·
£76? Yeah as a teenager.

I think the cheapest clothing I bought was a £2 black tank top from etsy that someone had drawn weird creepy design on with white dye. The first one had some poem that was written in another language and crows and a skeleton, was cool but it came off in the first wash so I mentioned that in the review, they sent me another top but that one faded as well I think. The second one was kind of hilarious I think it was like someone dragging a dead body with some funny message on (I mean only funny to me with my dark sense of humour I forget what it was now and can't be bothered digging it out.) I ended up using them as pj tops. I can't complain because a plain black tank top is worth more than that anyway but I liked the designs.

#13 ·
I try not to spend $100 on any article of clothing, but sometimes I have to. Usually for boots.

once I spent $700 on a tailor-made 3 piece suit. That was a one-off gift from me to me :)

Sometimes I wish I were one of those folk that are able to buy $200 neckties.

#15 ·
I spent over 100 dollars in clothes at Walmart.com during Black Friday.

#16 ·
Suit for a cousins wedding, prescription sunglasses.

#17 ·
I do spend more on some clothing. It's not easy to get high quality items for a low price. It's got more difficult in the recent years as high street retailers (and even some pretty expensive brands) expanded their use of acrylic, polyester and other synthetic materials. Some people pay well upwards of $200 for a sweater that's not even made of natural fibres. It's ridiculous. And it's not the fault of the people, many just are not familiar with what good fabrics and good garment construction look like. I wasn't either and I'm still learning a lot.

I'm about to buy a pair of trousers that might be over $100 but I haven't bought any clothing this year. My budget for an item of clothing is up to £150 and I save for it. When I couldn't spend such money on clothing, I wore pretty much only second hand items.

#18 ·
Hell no! I have yet to come across any clothing item that justifies that price, and as for fashion, I have none.

#19 ·
A lot of my shoes were about $100, but I can only remember paying that much for clothes once or twice. I don't count sunglasses because they are prescription.

My clothes always last a long time even though they were under $100, and I've never had holes in my jeans or socks.

#28 ·
My clothes always last a long time even though they were under $100, and I've never had holes in my jeans or socks.
Same with me, even though eventually I get holes in my socks since I wear them a lot. The free air-conditioning is nice however, and it seems we both keep our clothes in good shape haha ;)

#20 ·
Don't think I've ever found shoes/boots that fit that were less than $100. I'd spend less on them if I could. Never spent over $100 on anything else. I think my winter coat was over $100, but my parents bought me that like 20 years ago.

#22 ·
Good quality orthotic shoes. I have flat feet so it is a must.

#24 ·
Never. I'm pretty careless with my clothes. Especially shirts they easily get stained cause I'm a slob and too lazy to really get stains out asap.

And I'm just cheap/frugal. Although I am tempted to spend a lot on accesssories like hangbags or wallets. Those are my things but still even right now I've been contemplating buying a mini backpack for 30$ and even that seems like too much for something I'll probably get bored of eventually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.