Free College - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum
View Poll Results: Would you go to free college?
Yes 8 47.06%
No 4 23.53%
Maybe 5 29.41%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 03:53 PM
Socializing with myself

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfan View Post
No I'm too anti social. I was sick of homework and presentations and studying and the bull of dealing with other classmates. My grandmother set me up with enough to cover a couple years of university and she was offended that I wouldn't go to college. I graduated high school with a C average, so I would have to go to the community college and then transfer to a 4 year school. On the field trips to universities I grew to hate the experience, so many people, so many strict professors and just too much school work involved.

The money she set me up with just sits in a college investment. I've already made it known that I'm never going back to school and the money should be transferred out. But apparently you'd have to pay big taxes to take the money out so it just sits and gains interest. I'd rather it go to someone that would use it. Maybe if I get married my wife could use the money or if I had a kid they could use it, but that will never happen.

My psychology professor college exams doesn't even correspond with the the textbook or information taught in class by her. I'm lost on how to study for my psychology exam, because the textbook never used any examples to make me understand the intention of the definition. I ended up getting a C- for the course. All my college professors teaching methods for exams are atrocious.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers governing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA Software Engineers & NASA computationally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events. Getting away with airplane crashes, accidents, diseases, homelessness, and suicides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 04:17 PM
Chonker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionlessThug View Post
My psychology professor college exams doesn't even correspond with the the textbook or information taught in class by her. I'm lost on how to study for my psychology exam, because the textbook never used any examples to make me understand the intention of the definition. I ended up getting a C- for the course. College professors teaching methods are atrocious. I do essays to make up for my presentations, but get half the credit for the grade.
That is a shame if things are messed up as you're experiencing. That sounds messed up if the tests don't match the source material, professors should be on top of that. The one course I took on cad design went smoothly and I thought the tests were fine. But are there tutors available that you can get help with?

Don't let people treat you like dirt.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 06:08 PM
Socializing with myself

Quote:
That is a shame if things are messed up as you're experiencing. That sounds messed up if the tests don't match the source material, professors should be on top of that. The one course I took on cad design went smoothly and I thought the tests were fine. But are there tutors available that you can get help with?
I read nearly 300 pages in two chapters of my textbook each week for my multiple choice test, and I only saw two questions talking about the definition from my textbook. My psychology professor even said that the some of the questions on the exam weren't covered in class. I also had the same problem with my pre-algebra course, because the professor never went over the fractions or the linear equation. I kept getting a 60 on my math exam. I only got the questions that I learned in class correct. My lab professor questioned the class if my math professor taught us how to do the fractions, and they said no. All my fellow classmates said they're confused on how to do the math. My math professor had to do a make up test for his class test, because everybody failed his test really badly.

The last day of my math course, my professor handed the class a CUNY final exam sample, and expected the class to pass the CUNY finals with a C from only one day of being taught the math concepts. Before taking my pre-algebra course the community college wanted me to join a program called CUNY Start for remedial Math and remedial English, because they said that my placement score is low. One of the CUNY Start employees wanted me to pay around 80 dollars to have a longer remedial class session that doesn't give me any credits. He said that 70 percent of students taking regular courses for math ended up not graduating my community college, and the students who registered for the CUNY Start program has a more successful rate of graduating my community college. My English professor would create a schedule for her office hours to meet up with her students or go over the material with each student in class. She was able to summarize exactly what the class need to do for her in class essay exams and regular essays in less than 10 mins. I was able to create a hook, thesis, body paragraphs, conclusion and sub topics. I managed to get a 95 on her in class essay exam.

When I was in High School I never had a problem with any multiple choice test. My social studies teacher would go over the materials that would be covered in class exams and I would get a 90 all the time.

My psychology professor last year showed the class a video of a student from LaGuardia community college talking about how he failed the pre-algebra course three times, and several people from my psychology course also said they had to repeat pre-algebra several times. https://www.insidehighered.com/blogs...dimir-de-jesus
https://www.laguardia.edu/cunystart/

I told the CUNY Start employee what's the difference between the way the professors teach the materials in regular courses and CUNY start courses, but he skipped my question by talking about the students can learn on their own in groups.

Last month I tried registering for my pre-algebra course and mostly all of the math classes that I saw required asap program. The only class that I saw available was the same math professor without asap program listed, and I recall a guy monitoring his class for the whole entire session. My math professor kept dropping his eraser and his paper on the floor when he saw the guy monitoring his teaching methods.

I don't have time to cram in torturing. When I have to read over 300 pages for two chapters per week for a 6 week course. I spent hours reading the pdf textbook per week and have to write essays for extra credit assignments.

I only got a B- for ENA 101, B for SSY 101 and R for Pre-algebra.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers governing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA Software Engineers & NASA computationally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events. Getting away with airplane crashes, accidents, diseases, homelessness, and suicides.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 11:19 AM
Chonker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionlessThug View Post
I read nearly 300 pages in two chapters of my textbook each week for my multiple choice test, and I only saw two questions talking about the definition from my textbook. My psychology professor even said that the some of the questions on the exam weren't covered in class. I also had the same problem with my pre-algebra course, because the professor never went over the fractions or the linear equation. I kept getting a 60 on my math exam. I only got the questions that I learned in class correct. My lab professor questioned the class if my math professor taught us how to do the fractions, and they said no. All my fellow classmates said they're confused on how to do the math. My math professor had to do a make up test for his class test, because everybody failed his test really badly.

The last day of my math course, my professor handed the class a CUNY final exam sample, and expected the class to pass the CUNY finals with a C from only one day of being taught the math concepts. Before taking my pre-algebra course the community college wanted me to join a program called CUNY Start for remedial Math and remedial English, because they said that my placement score is low. One of the CUNY Start employees wanted me to pay around 80 dollars to have a longer remedial class session that doesn't give me any credits. He said that 70 percent of students taking regular courses for math ended up not graduating my community college, and the students who registered for the CUNY Start program has a more successful rate of graduating my community college. My English professor would create a schedule for her office hours to meet up with her students or go over the material with each student in class. She was able to summarize exactly what the class need to do for her in class essay exams and regular essays in less than 10 mins. I was able to create a hook, thesis, body paragraphs, conclusion and sub topics. I managed to get a 95 on her in class essay exam.

When I was in High School I never had a problem with any multiple choice test. My social studies teacher would go over the materials that would be covered in class exams and I would get a 90 all the time.

My psychology professor last year showed the class a video of a student from LaGuardia community college talking about how he failed the pre-algebra course three times, and several people from my psychology course also said they had to repeat pre-algebra several times. https://www.insidehighered.com/blogs...dimir-de-jesus
https://www.laguardia.edu/cunystart/

I told the CUNY Start employee what's the difference between the way the professors teach the materials in regular courses and CUNY start courses, but he skipped my question by talking about the students can learn on their own in groups.

Last month I tried registering for my pre-algebra course and mostly all of the math classes that I saw required asap program. The only class that I saw available was the same math professor without asap program listed, and I recall a guy monitoring his class for the whole entire session. My math professor kept dropping his eraser and his paper on the floor when he saw the guy monitoring his teaching methods.

I don't have time to cram in torturing. When I have to read over 300 pages for two chapters per week for a 6 week course. I spent hours reading the pdf textbook per week and have to write essays for extra credit assignments.

I only got a B- for ENA 101, B for SSY 101 and R for Pre-algebra.

Yeah all that sounds really stressful, I don't think I could put up with retaking courses if the exams are off from the material. I did have a high school teacher that thought our class was a joke and he seemed to enjoy the pride of his own intelligence when most of us failed a test. I retook the class in summer school and got an A and B for the two semesters. That bad teacher came up with his own tests that didn't match what other classes had. He got pretty bad reviews on ratemyteacher. Which unfortunately is often the only thing you can do when dealing with a bad teacher or professor.

Well I hope that you don't get stuck getting your degree and this pre algebra works out. If the exams are different from the textbooks or lectures then it sounds like you'd have no choice but to do extra studying on your own. With those hours you've spent that would be a challenge and without knowing what is on the exam you're in an unfortunate situation.

Don't let people treat you like dirt.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 11:27 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Goofy
I voted no because it will lower the talent pool for professors. Show me a plan that brings in the best talent for professors while having a publicly funded system, and I'm all ears.

Bernie can't answer this question. He just gets mad when asked lol

Anxiety is the worst
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 12:23 PM
Socializing with myself

Quote:
Yeah all that sounds really stressful, I don't think I could put up with retaking courses if the exams are off from the material. I did have a high school teacher that thought our class was a joke and he seemed to enjoy the pride of his own intelligence when most of us failed a test. I retook the class in summer school and got an A and B for the two semesters. That bad teacher came up with his own tests that didn't match what other classes had. He got pretty bad reviews on ratemyteacher. Which unfortunately is often the only thing you can do when dealing with a bad teacher or professor.

Well I hope that you don't get stuck getting your degree and this pre algebra works out. If the exams are different from the textbooks or lectures then it sounds like you'd have no choice but to do extra studying on your own. With those hours you've spent that would be a challenge and without knowing what is on the exam you're in an unfortunate situation.
Thanks for your comment. My college calls my math "elementary algebra" as the class is called fundamentals of algebra. I keep calling it pre-algebra. My math professor is Asian and kept stressing the class about repeating the course over. I'm trying to get good grades, so I can enter a university few blocks away from my apartment for 2021.

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 02:47 AM
Born Of Blotmonaū

Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
My Mood: Cynical
There are plenty of interesting things worth studying but most wonít get you a decent paying job or career unfortunately.

I donít think Iíll ever set foot in a classroom again for SA reasons but if it was free I might do online training for music theory & see if I could finally figure it out. Comprehension of music theory & accreditation for it is the only missing piece in my arsenal as a guitar teacher. Might do some other music related courses as well if they were available online.
No way Iím getting into debt again to study though

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page