? For SAS Bloggers - Social Anxiety Forum
View Poll Results: Do you like ratings on your blog entries (or what do you like)?
Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Other 4 100.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed

? For SAS Bloggers

I am just curious for those of you who post blogs on SAS, do you like or dislike when people "rate" your blogs? Like does it help you in any way if people offer support in the forum of a rating?

I mean for most of my time on SAS I have not been reading blogs. I don't not read them out of any disrespect or disinterest. It's just a format that I kind of find hard to get used to following (I'm bad at keeping up with things in that way where I have to specifically tune into someone's output by going to their blog and reading it). I'm trying to get better at it but I sometimes don't know how to let the person know their post mattered to me or had some kind of impact whatsoever.

Sometimes the posts are emotional and there doesn't seem to be a right way to respond or words don't seem adequate. I have given a few "thumbs up" type "ratings" on blogs just to leave a mark that says "I value this" or something along those lines.

/WYSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Not A Low Calorie Food

I voted "Other" because it's my poll and I hardly ever write blogs. But I guess I'd probably rather have comments if the person has anything to say.

/WYSD
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 10:57 AM
涙が唯一の贅沢

Language: 中国語
ive never noticed the ratings on my blog (which prob means that no one rated it) and i guess it wouldn't matter to me, as long as they don't give me a negative rating for no reason i guess. i mean, a rating is not exactly informative - you don't know the exact reason why someone rated it that way.

if the blog is v personal i tend not to comment. so yeah i understand a lot of ppl might not want to comment on my blog because they don't know me well or because i spew a lot of negativity 'in the moment' and it might come across like i m off my rockers. but i don't see the need to censor myself on my own blog.

i appreciate any and all comments, even if they disagree with me as long as they are civil about it. self-righteous commenters are better off starting their own blogs XD

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Not A Low Calorie Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad baby View Post
ive never noticed the ratings on my blog (which prob means that no one rated it) and i guess it wouldn't matter to me, as long as they don't give me a negative rating for no reason i guess. i mean, a rating is not exactly informative - you don't know the exact reason why someone rated it that way.

if the blog is v personal i tend not to comment. so yeah i understand a lot of ppl might not want to comment on my blog because they don't know me well or because i spew a lot of negativity 'in the moment' and it might come across like i m off my rockers. but i don't see the need to censor myself on my own blog.

i appreciate any and all comments, even if they disagree with me as long as they are civil about it. self-righteous commenters are better off starting their own blogs XD
That's a good answer.

/WYSD
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 03:54 PM
bipolar

Never been a big fan of blogging - I can't imagine doing it tbh. I don't usually read other people's blogs either. I might read one or two entries if I care about the person or like them - but even then it's sort of transitory. It's sort of like watching someone's Youtube channel - you need to really like them or at least get something else out of it to keep watching.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 04:38 PM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
I read many of the blogs here but I only very rarely leave a comment. Not sure if the blogger after spilling their guts out in a 10,000 word emotional essay would appreciate my stupid one-liner comments or simplistic questions. Nor would they really appreciate my self-centered examples where I try to commiserate with them sort of.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Not A Low Calorie Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Never been a big fan of blogging - I can't imagine doing it tbh. I don't usually read other people's blogs either. I might read one or two entries if I care about the person or like them - but even then it's sort of transitory. It's sort of like watching someone's Youtube channel - you need to really like them or at least get something else out of it to keep watching.
For me, it's just a matter of a short attention span. Even if I like someone I have a hard time reading more than a paragraph. Don't ask me how I write ten paragraphs about nothing but can't even read what I wrote.

/WYSD
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Not A Low Calorie Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
I read many of the blogs here but I only very rarely leave a comment. Not sure if the blogger after spilling their guts out in a 10,000 word emotional essay would appreciate my stupid one-liner comments or simplistic questions. Nor would they really appreciate my self-centered examples where I try to commiserate with them sort of.
I'd read your blogs if you made more. I'd comment on them too.

And you probably wouldn't like my comments because they're usually fumbling for relevancy.

/WYSD
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Nah, life's tough & then you die, I already know that.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 08:07 PM
Russian Modster

Back in the day, I could've sworn there were "like" options, because I remember liking people's blogs and getting likes on mine. Then it disappeared.

I never rated blogs, I forget that it's there. I preferred the like system. It was nice just being able to show people I'd read them if I didn't know what to say.

♡ ❤ :: Yesterday's a closing door//You don't live there anymore//Say goodbye to where you've been//And tell your heart to beat again ::♡ ❤

Попроси у облаков
Подарить нам белых снов
Ночь плывет и мы за ней
В мир таинственных огней
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 06:26 AM
☆ Moderator ☆

I never knew you could rate blogs on SAS, but I havenít read many, and whenever Iíve posted one, Iíve deleted it.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 09:33 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
For me, it's just a matter of a short attention span. Even if I like someone I have a hard time reading more than a paragraph. Don't ask me how I write ten paragraphs about nothing but can't even read what I wrote.
Yeah, my attention span can be very bad sometimes too. It totally depends how I'm feeling. I will literally have to stop doing something over and over again to get through it quite often. I'll often become too "excited" to actually finish what I'm doing. (not really the right word - it's pretty much impossible to explain that feeling)
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Not A Low Calorie Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Yeah, my attention span can be very bad sometimes too. It totally depends how I'm feeling. I will literally have to stop doing something over and over again to get through it quite often. I'll often become too "excited" to actually finish what I'm doing. (not really the right word - it's pretty much impossible to explain that feeling)

Yeah. Actually I can remember way back when I was a kid I'd be reading and I'd suddenly just get stuck in one sentence and have to keep reading it over and over before it sank in and I could move on a few sentences before it would happen again. Took me ages to read a book.

/WYSD

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page