You need a job to get a job - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
SOS Member

Wink

You need a job to get a job

So if you want to get a job, you need a job at the first place.

If you don't, people might give you a weird/disgusted look and then reject you...for the 1000th times.

"I read somewhere...how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong...but to feel strong." - Chris McCandless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 02:04 AM
SAS Member

Language: el lughat el 3rabiya (Masr+Fus7a) wal lughat el ingliziya
Pretty much.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 02:24 AM
alien monk

to be happy you just need to be happy
lift yourself up by your boot straps
duh its so easy
everything is arbitrary!

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 05:52 PM
SAS Member

Ditch yourself and all sense of self-importance. You're going to get paid generously for doing a whole bunch of stupid stuff for very little production. Try not to fall asleep and forget that your an individual. You are not important to your employer and coworkers. You are completely disposable. Just do it and don't ask questions or fix anything. There's no such thing as a valuable worker. This is what people do.

My dad got caught up in some sort of idealistic Utopia in the later years of his employments and he lost a lot of jobs and couldn't find any. It was obviously time for him to retire. He got bored with stupid stuff and tried to make changes. Nobody wants that. That's interference of the worst sort.

The system works perfectly fine whether youre alive or not. You're nothing compared to everyone whose ever lived. Embrace your nothingness and go do nothing with your whole life. When you retire you can claim that you worked for 40 years. That's all you get. Just do it and don't ask questions. It'll pay your rent and buy you food and a car.

You won't have any friends. You won't have time for friends. You're not going to have a romantic relationship. Nobody deserves that. Hope you enjoyed the flinging of your childhood, cause it's over. You're pretty much dead. The only hope you have is to drive to the hills on the weekends after doing laundry and sorting your mail, and walking on a short little trail before the sun goes down. Thats all you get. That's all you deserve. That's all your worth.

That's it.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 09:39 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim11 View Post
So if you want to get a job, you need a job at the first place.

If you don't, people might give you a weird/disgusted look and then reject you...for the 1000th times.

If you really wanted a job you would get any job. You hid in education for too long.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 09:55 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
It makes finding a new job easier, but I think there's some leeway depending on circumstances.

For example, if you had been working in the same field in meaningful roles and then left or were laid off for x, y, or z reason (e.g. relocated due to family, medical issues, took extended time off for a sabbatical) - Then I think this candidate has a way better shot than someone who is already employed, but their work history is irrelevant or unqualified.

As long as there's a good reason you left your last job, you have evidence of being a reliable and strong performer, and it hasn't been too long, it probably won't affect your chances too much.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 09:59 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Plenty of entry level jobs just be eager to learn and ready to work. Grocery stores are hiring people off the street now some are paying well.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 07:08 PM
SAS Member

Just apply for a temp agency it's jobs out there that really need people idk what type of education you got but if you just needed money the temp agency is the way to go. You can get jobs for 10-15 an hour and a lot of places will hire you on directly after 90 days.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 08:44 PM
SAS Member

I think the "You need experience to get experience" is especially true in the context of careers that require a university degree. For example, I studied life science for my first degree, and after failing my med school interviews, I was applying to research jobs. But I was significantly outqualified by... well, basically anyone with more research experience than myself. After putting in like 10 job applications and not getting a single interview, I just got really depressed and gave up on the whole thing and worked a minimum wage job instead.

There goes my self esteem.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 09:59 PM
On Life Support

My Mood: Dead
It is a very real but very stupid conundrum...

Without turning this into a bipartisan political argument things have gotten pretty awful. So I can see why there is a lot of discontent among the American working class (I am sure that this situation is also true for all countries that are moving from an industrialized/manufacturing economy to a service based economy).

Companies used to value workers (human capital) and invest money and resources into training and educating their employees (teach them the ropes even if they are green). Built a loyal relationship with the employee which in turn would create a more productive employee.

Sadly, companies have outsourced that educational responsibility to Universities. These universities in turn, and in order to save money, have created theoretical and catch-them-all curriculum which is so generic that it has very little practicality in the "real world" , and ironically, to said companies. From a personal experience, I would say that I learned a lot more within 6 months of employment than I ever did in college.

Boomers had it so good...

"Existence well what does it matter?
I exist on the best terms I can
The past is now part of my future,
The present is well out of hand"

― Ian Curtis
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 11:05 PM
Trailer Trash Tranny

My Mood: Brooding
Most people don't want to hire a person like me. But also, I'd rather be dead than go back to working with the public.

The only thing better than money is more money.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 12:51 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
Most people don't want to hire a person like me. But also, I'd rather be dead than go back to working with the public.
Hey don't say that. You seem like quite a lovely person from reading your posts on this forum. It's just too bad that more people can't be accepting of trans individuals. :/
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 08:09 PM
SAS Member

Yep

Been there. It's annoying. I know I probably could've gotten a job a lot sooner than I did if it was part time but I knew I couldn't handle the stress for those very social-type jobs.

Ironically, my job now is very client-focused, so I didn't really avoid anything.... I just prolonged the inevitable.

It's annoying how you get judged for everything here. You need to have a job by a certain age, need to have had a relationship by a certain age, need to have opinions about mainstream affairs, need to not live with your parents, etc. The list goes on and on and I find myself not wanting to conform to what everyone in this country deems "normal" or "should be". It happens in every country differently.

IDC about politics. I'll never understand it and if it's anything to accept, it's that they all lie. There's probably some satisfaction in knowing the trick for when they lie and the implications of their lies, but I honestly don't care. My belief is that I don't hold true power in anything the government does. It's just an illusion.

I don't understand why I have to be a trivia-expert in things I don't see as significant or relevant in everyone's life. They're superficial.

I don't get why I have to have "fun" the same way everyone else does by doing something incredibly stupid. I agree everyone should get out of their comfort zone every once in a while—or at least once—but there a limits to what I consider fun and otherwise just plain asinine.

Incidentally, your opener reminded me of a Smiths song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjPhzgxe3L0

Though I have always made it my practice to be pleasant to everybody, I have not once actually experienced friendship. I have only the most painful recollections of my various acquaintances ..."
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 08:25 PM
Social experimenter

My Mood: Doubtful
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehtruth View Post
If you really wanted a job you would get any job. You hid in education for too long.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 09:35 PM
Trailer Trash Tranny

My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlee99 View Post
Hey don't say that. You seem like quite a lovely person from reading your posts on this forum. It's just too bad that more people can't be accepting of trans individuals. :/
Thanks. Maybe someday it won't be such a big deal.

The only thing better than money is more money.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page