Why this world disgusts me in a nutshell - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
.
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 35,515

Why this world disgusts me in a nutshell


Why this world disgusts me.

I probably have more thoughts than this, but just to start with. Maybe I'll comment with more later if something comes to mind.

I think I'll just link this video to start with because I see her attitude reflected in many women, especially transwomen since I know quite a few + guys who want to be hot women (so this sums up part 1):


So speaking bluntly we have a society that turns women (and certain others,) into useless plastic dolls, so they can enjoy their subjugation by horny guys who just want a **** toy.

At one point in the video she points out that women are sleeping with male prison guards to get makeup to put on in prison for themselves. Firstly: Actually many women in prison end up in lesbian relationships so the 'for themselves' is not assured, secondly how the **** is them putting on makeup in a situation where they can bribe male prison guards for whatever they need 'putting on makeup for themselves?' The incentive there is clear. Besides that it's almost always tied to wanting status and where does the status come from in the case of women? The people who want to **** you. It's literally like having an expensive car or buying a popular brand object, except you are the car/object.

And then our society subjugates almost all men so they can just be mindless tools for other men to make those (usually men,) richer. And when they can't do that, since other men don't want to **** them they just become homeless and die unless they have family that care enough to support them. Very few people really care about men at all unless they generate a lot of wealth.

The education system exists so that, ideally, both parents can generate wealth for someone else instead of raising their own children. Then when the children are not in school, they pay someone else to look after their children for however long is necessary which further encourages the capitalistic mindset, or retired family members will help raise the kids. Men are basically never at home with their own children and for some reason this is considered virtuous.

If you decide not to play by the rules and resort to more primitive means of survival you become a criminal and are locked up, because that's not a skillset that you're allowed to use, but the people whose entire livelihood depends on the subjugation of other Humans are never put in prison because they are far more successful at it than these people at the bottom of society that turn to 'crime' and they've convinced most people that they deserve their life and even if people don't believe it they are convinced there's nothing they can do about it.

Most of the poor people in society fight against each other instead of the richest people, and in general you just have groups of outcasts fighting each other. Like for example nobody in the lgbt+ community really likes anyone else. There are tons of tiny factions, and it's just one huge argument see this video for an example of that. It's a 2 part video debate but in this part someone actually points out at one point how funny it is that there are 12 people there and nobody feels welcome in that community. The closer you become to being 'normal' the more desperately people cling to respectability politics to try and fit in, which means turning against people similar to you but who fit in less, to elevate your own status in the group.

This is Western society, in other countries it gets even worse. They exist to generate wealth for the rich people in their own countries that are even less interested in sharing theirs + the rich neocons in our countries. Then on top of that, in many non-Western cultures females are raped if they step out of line, often gang raped. This is especially true when they deviate gender norms:

https://quillette.com/2019/05/09/a-g...-in-the-world/

Quote:
Although she had gained what was considered culturally important ritual knowledge, the woman nonetheless felt degraded, dishonored, derided, and incredibly shamed. Thereafter, she led a rather disorganized life, and the way she related her story to me, many decades after, mirrored the feelings she must have experienced and a suffering from which she never really had recovered. I recorded a similar instance in Aibom village. In both cases, the initiation was meant, and experienced, as a severe punishment and stigmatization. By retrospectively legitimating the discovery of male secrets, more-over, the practice seems to have been intended also to protect them. Were the girls not initiated, they would have passed what they had discovered on to others. Initiation, however, ensured that they would never do so.
Quote:
Male cults where men would punish women with rape or execution for intruding on their rituals can be found across cultures all over the world, from hunter-gatherers to agricultural societies. Among the Arunta hunter-gatherers of Australia, anthropologist Walter Baldwin Spencer tells the story of a woman who, desperately thirsty, ventured near a water-hole to drink, and inadvertently saw the men’s sacred pool and ceremonial stone. The men decided to punish her with gang-rape, “a punishment which is not infrequently inflicted after the committal of some serious offence, as an alternative to that of being put to death. In consequence of this men of all classes had intercourse with her, and when this was over she was returned to her proper Unawa man [husband],” Spencer writes.
Quote:
Of the Mundurucu horticulturalists of the Amazon, “the men consciously state that they use the penis to dominate their women,” write anthropologists Yolanda and Robert Murphy, noting again the practice of men punishing the women who witness their rituals or sacred objects with gang-rape (in this case flutes, similar to the Central Iatmul of Papua New Guinea). We see the same phenomenon with the Mehinaku fisher-horticulturalists, also of the Amazon.

Anthropologist Thomas Gregor’s first introduction to the men’s house was given to him by a Mehinaku man, who informed him that, “You are in the house of the spirit Kauka. Those are his sacred flutes. Women may not see anything in here. If a woman comes in, then all the men take her into the woods and she is raped. It has always been that way.” Itsanakwalu, a young Mehinaku woman in her early twenties later would tell Gregor personally that, “I don’t want to see the sacred flutes. The men would rape me. I would die. Do you know what happened to the Waura woman who saw it? All the men raped her. She died later.”
Mostly though, life is just suffering. Perhaps it's inevitable as the people who create propaganda would like us to believe, perhaps it's not or at least it could be better.

If not this is probably what should happen though:


Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

My computer thinks I'm gay
What's the difference anyway
When all the people do all day
Is stare into a phone
Persephone The Dread is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 04:26 AM
Moderator
 
LydeaCharlotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Somewhere
Language: English (British), German to some extent.
Gender: Female
Age: 39
Posts: 6,917
My Mood: Blah
Just wondered, seeing as you talk about education in this thread, are you also in favour of abolishing or restricting private schools? Because, at least in Britain, they are often accused of perpetuating a social elite, helping the rich dominate society in various ways.

Đhis girl is a tortoise, wandering in the long grass and streaming rain, between fire and ice in a sense
LydeaCharlotte is offline  
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
.
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 35,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by LydeaCharlotte View Post
Just wondered, seeing as you talk about education in this thread, are you also in favour of abolishing or restricting private schools? Because, at least in Britain, they are often accused of perpetuating a social elite, helping the rich dominate society in various ways.
I think if you remove private schools the elite will find another way to make sure their kids end up on top but they certainly wouldn't want to send their kids to a state school. My main issue with state schools is, especially in deprived areas (like where I grew up,) that they function more like prisons and then you're forced to continue going to them by law, and I feel like I've learnt more outside of school than in school.

My form tutor in highschool actually wrote about how terrible she found my class after we left (she was our form tutor in year 10-11.) I can't remember where, I think it was in notes in the year book of the following year (which I read after my brother left the following year because he had a copy.) I left at age 16 btw because my school didn't have a sixth form which was definitely for the best.

This is also pretty true:

https://www.eomega.org/article/your-...ot-their-peers

Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

My computer thinks I'm gay
What's the difference anyway
When all the people do all day
Is stare into a phone
Persephone The Dread is offline  
 
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 05:17 AM
We don't belong here.
 
iminnocentenough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Male
Age: 26
Posts: 991
My Mood: Innocent
Society has always been ****. Stop acting like things are somehow worse when the past was way worse. You also seem to be under the assumption that women are obsessed with looks nowadays when it has been that way for centuries. Women naturally want to look good to find a partner, same with men, it's just human nature. Men also naturally want to provide for said women and their children, so of course it would make sense that they'd work in areas where... SHOCKER..their hard work helps generate revenue and make the owners richer as well. If you somehow take the icky bourgeois out of the picture and every one was on the same economic status then humankind would still find another way to elevate themselves over one another.



As for the education system. It exists so that people have the basic knowledge to get a basic occupation upon completion and that's all. The education system also exists in... SHOCKER AGAIN... non-capitalistic nations where... SHOCKER.. the women are homemakers and the men breadwinners. Like I said before, you seem to have the impression that men don't like working to support their family. As for the children never seeing their father well that's essentially false. My father probably worked longer hours than 90% of people and he worked 5 to 6 days a week yet I still saw enough of him to have an amazing relationship. Why was he working so long for the icky bourgeois? I think you know why.



As for the rest of your not so subtle anti-capitalist rant I'd suggest moving to a sufficient country where the woes of the free market aren't there but like you said, it's even worse there.



Society is not **** now because of greedy, rich people. It's **** now because it has never been Not ****. In many ways society is better than the past but it's crappiness isn't the result of a powerful elite, but rather all of us including you and me.

Need a friend or support? Send me a PM and I'll answer as soon as I can.

iminnocentenough is offline  
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
.
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 35,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminnocentenough View Post
Society has always been ****. Stop acting like things are somehow worse when the past was way worse. You also seem to be under the assumption that women are obsessed with looks nowadays when it has been that way for centuries. Women naturally want to look good to find a partner, same with men, it's just human nature. Men also naturally want to provide for said women and their children, so of course it would make sense that they'd work in areas where... SHOCKER..their hard work helps generate revenue and make the owners richer as well. If you somehow take the icky bourgeois out of the picture and every one was on the same economic status then humankind would still find another way to elevate themselves over one another.



As for the education system. It exists so that people have the basic knowledge to get a basic occupation upon completion and that's all. The education system also exists in... SHOCKER AGAIN... non-capitalistic nations where... SHOCKER.. the women are homemakers and the men breadwinners. Like I said before, you seem to have the impression that men don't like working to support their family. As for the children never seeing their father well that's essentially false. My father probably worked longer hours than 90% of people and he worked 5 to 6 days a week yet I still saw enough of him to have an amazing relationship. Why was he working so long for the icky bourgeois? I think you know why.



As for the rest of your not so subtle anti-capitalist rant I'd suggest moving to a sufficient country where the woes of the free market aren't there but like you said, it's even worse there.



Society is not **** now because of greedy, rich people. It's **** now because it has never been Not ****. In many ways society is better than the past but it's crappiness isn't the result of a powerful elite, but rather all of us including you and me.
I see you completely missed the part where I talked about how things are worse in other parts of the world, and all the rape quotes. Sentence removed

Of course Humans are ****ing **** no matter what. Stop trying to think my post is about one thing. The one thing you want it to be about. At it's heart it's about how **** people are.

Sentence removed

I would say if capitalism does one thing, it's to intensify certain elements of Human nature that are **** to start with, it's like on steroids if you will. So yes people have always been obsessed with status (and for women that means appearance,) but no not to the same degree as now.

edit: have to say though what? At this sentence:

"Men also naturally want to provide for said women and their children, so of course it would make sense that they'd work in areas where... SHOCKER..their hard work helps generate revenue and make the owners richer as well."

How does that make any sense. You might as well write 'men have a deep desire to serve more powerful men, so of course it would make sense that they'd work in areas where... SHOCKER..their hard work helps generate revenue and make the owners much much richer while they struggle to support themselves, their partner, and/or their children.

Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

My computer thinks I'm gay
What's the difference anyway
When all the people do all day
Is stare into a phone

Last edited by Silent Memory; 07-09-2019 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Two sentences were removed because they contained personal attacks.
Persephone The Dread is offline  
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 06:12 AM
SAS Member
 
RelinquishedHell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vantucky, Washington
Gender: Other
Age: 29
Posts: 15,939
My Mood: Mellow
Children's cartoons and movies lied to us about the good guys always winning, when in reality it's actually the complete opposite.

How successful you are at life depends on how ruthless you're willing to be.
RelinquishedHell is offline  
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 06:47 AM
The Groat King
 
funnynihilist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 15,685
Good post Perse!

I think a lot of what makes this current age so sh1tty can be summed up in two words:

Ego and stupidity

This is the age of big egos and rampant stupidity.
funnynihilist is offline  
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:03 AM
Cooked.
 
Karsten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Yawk
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 8,762
My Mood: Breezy
Moved thread to appropriate subforum.

Never could learn to drink that blood
And call it wine,
Never could learn to hold you, love,
And call you mine.
Karsten is offline  
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:09 AM
Cooked.
 
Karsten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Yawk
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 8,762
My Mood: Breezy
Can you elaborate on the:

"but the people whose entire livelihood depends on the subjugation of other Humans are never put in prison because they are far more successful at it than these people at the bottom of society that turn to 'crime' and they've convinced most people that they deserve their life and even if people don't believe it they are convinced there's nothing they can do about it"

part of your post?

Are you talking about some sort of Marxist struggle between capital and labor?

Never could learn to drink that blood
And call it wine,
Never could learn to hold you, love,
And call you mine.
Karsten is offline  
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:37 AM
SAS Member
 
millenniumman75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Gender: Male
Age: 44
Posts: 152,432
My Mood: Angelic
I am confused.


In male prisons, there is homosexual stuff going on, and I am not sure about the sleeping with guards to get "makeup" when men tattoo each other there.


I think the "Cellblock Women: Sistas in the Slamma" mantra gets overplayed. It takes those documentary shows to sort things out for realz.


The point: Don't get in trouble then you won't be in prison.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is offline  
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:41 AM
Cooked.
 
Karsten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Yawk
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 8,762
My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelinquishedHell View Post
Children's cartoons and movies lied to us about the good guys always winning, when in reality it's actually the complete opposite.

How successful you are at life depends on how ruthless you're willing to be.
Successful by what measure? Biologically speaking, once you reproduce, you've been successful. Go find some promiscuous girl to drop your seed into. BOOM! YOU'RE A WINNER!

Never could learn to drink that blood
And call it wine,
Never could learn to hold you, love,
And call you mine.
Karsten is offline  
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:50 AM
SAS Member
 
Barakiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Here
Language: too few
Gender: Male
Age: 22
Posts: 4,181
My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
The point: Don't get in trouble then you won't be in prison.
It's not always that simple.

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/ch...ocent-grandma/
Barakiel is offline  
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 08:10 AM
indo cloudhead
 
versikk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: between Worlds
Gender: Other
Age: 31
Posts: 5,400
Yay you posted a Swedish YouTuber


I'll endulge in this thread when I have time (lol "have" time)
Posted via Mobile Device
versikk is offline  
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 09:05 AM
Revolution > Resistance
 
crimeclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 9,378
Contrapoints is a great channel. That's all I can add to this discussion.
crimeclub is offline  
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:20 AM
Greasy prospector
 
blue2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The salty spitoon
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,009
My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminnocentenough View Post
Society has always been ****. It's **** now because it has never been Not ****.
....Truer words were never written, just a slightly different type of $h1t each generation with the same base issues, but we're not supposed to question anything, just go forth & multiply like a bunch of horny toads & then get busy screwing up the next generation.






And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
blue2 is offline  
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:15 AM
pirate
 
andy1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chch
Language: english, silence
Gender: Non-binary
Age: 34
Posts: 5,969
My Mood: Amazed
so pretty much the gender and class power differential. you better keep looking away from the power differential between humans and farmed animals. and wild animals too. and ecology in general.

any system of values is unequal and arbitrary. the disadvantaged have good reasons to be unhappy. but that's already built into the system anyway.

but it's ok because society is going to collapse due to technological and environmental changes.

what bothers me the most us the death of possibilities. re climate change it's still a few people that care vs vast majority of planet killers. any utopian fantasies or other fantasies I have are dead. the future is pretty much eclipsed by apocalypse. it's not really comforting for a moralist who mostly cares about future stuff/long game consequentialist. Christian's love it though, any kind of actual looming apocalypse being a great I told you so moment for them.

if you go down the rabbit hole of other peoples feelings dont matter and hedonism that solves most of that. I think hedonism is descriptively correct. plus look at how other animals live. extreme suffering is the norm.

but yeah it becomes a matter of should our reasoning selves overcome our natural selves. I'm becoming more of an antinatalist. I think everyone is moving towards identifying more with their reasoning selves. as a taoist I think that's probably a bit if a mistake. oh well.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
andy1984 is online now  
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
.
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 35,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
I am confused.


In male prisons, there is homosexual stuff going on, and I am not sure about the sleeping with guards to get "makeup" when men tattoo each other there.


I think the "Cellblock Women: Sistas in the Slamma" mantra gets overplayed. It takes those documentary shows to sort things out for realz.


The point: Don't get in trouble then you won't be in prison.
I (and contrapoints in the video I was quoting from,) was talking about female prisons not male ones. They have male guards.

Your post really has nothing to do with anything I even wrote (as usual,) and you'd need to watch that part of the video I suppose (which I realise nobody will watch,) to understand what I was referencing and taking issue with.

edit: ftr though:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison...male_prisoners

Quote:
In 1965, Ward and Kassebaum conducted research in Frontera through questionnaires and concluded from staff and inmates that "between 30% and 75% of the inmates had sexual affairs while in prison", 50% of those engaging in same-sex sexual activity. Sexual intercourse between these women were typically for fun and enjoyment, sometimes transitioning into a serious relationship.
Furthermore, these relationships occurred between women who were housed together or between women of different races; same-race relations are not as typical. After a survey taken in a study
conducted by Propper in 1976, his results for reasons for homosexual relationships include "game playing, economic manipulation, loneliness, the need for companionship, and genuine affection".[4] Researcher, Otis studied what was seen as "unnatural relationships" between interracial women.[6] In 2014, consensual sexual relationships between women in UK prisons were described as "commonplace" by The Daily Telegraph.[7][8]
https://www.outfrontmagazine.com/int...nships-prison/

Quote:
“There are a lot of women that are just ‘gay for the stay’ and leave and go back to their straight lives,” Angela explained.

Research suggests 30 to 60 percent of women engage in lesbian sexual behavior while in prison. Despite labeling themselves as straight on the outside, on the inside they lean more towards bisexuality. Once released, it’s estimated that only 25 percent continue to be with women. The rest usually go back to men.

Quote:
According to her, inmates hooking up with other inmates was common, and guards with inmates was actually pretty common, too. Despite there being a lot of cameras, it wasn’t hard to sneak around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimeclub View Post
Contrapoints is a great channel. That's all I can add to this discussion.
I used to be a big fan but overtime came to disagree with most of her stances on stuff (mostly because I disagree with her opinions on gender and such, and that's all she's made videos about lately.) Having said that when it comes to YouTube content it's still better than average, but YouTube isn't good for discussions/debate.

Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

My computer thinks I'm gay
What's the difference anyway
When all the people do all day
Is stare into a phone
Persephone The Dread is offline  
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
.
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 35,515
No longer interested in this thread and won't be responding to stuff (unless I change my mind but doubtful,) posted it in frustration to vent. Not interested in discussion hence 'frustration' Forgot I can't do that on this forum. I have no where that I can.

It's my mistake probably going into so much detail, next time I'll just post the rabbit video.

Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

My computer thinks I'm gay
What's the difference anyway
When all the people do all day
Is stare into a phone
Persephone The Dread is offline  
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:46 AM
🐞 Moderator 🐞
 
Silent Memory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Gender: Female
Age: 27
Posts: 6,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
posted it in frustration to vent. Not interested in discussion hence 'frustration' Forgot I can't do that on this forum. I have no where that I can.
I moved it back to Frustration for you. If you would like it locked or deleted, it can be.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Silent Memory is offline  
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 12:08 PM
pirate
 
andy1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chch
Language: english, silence
Gender: Non-binary
Age: 34
Posts: 5,969
My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by daglet View Post
Well, that's how the world is. Unless you're religious, you can't possibly believe any of it is inherently good or bad. If you don't like it, maybe try to make yourself like the rules of it or move to a place with different rules.
good and bad are obviously not just a religious thing.

the problem with euthanasia is that it's too late once you're alive. forced to suffer through the rest of your life no matter when it ends. just ending it sooner isn't avoiding suffering. it's just escaping some possible extra suffering. requires a big commitment to some abstract ideas.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
andy1984 is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome