Why does everyone seem to call me ugly and disrespect me all the time :'( - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Exclamation

Why does everyone seem to call me ugly and disrespect me all the time :'(

Hello Im Michael,
Im 20yrs old, and im getting phychitry help and im on medication too. and im writing this because im desperate for help, ok heres alittle background im suffering from problems (mental health) ive got depression, post traumatic stress disorder, underactive thyroids and bi-polar, so thats a knock on my confidence but i try to not show it, so whats happening is ive not the sharpest knife in the draw when it comes to talking to women, ive been brought up as a gentleman in a place thats the opposite, so its difficult, women around here go for jerks and idiots who constantly upset them, and its like envy that i have towards the guys because im like how did he do it?

so my hobbies are shotokan karate, (was a boxer, quit due to bad management so went back to my roots)
im studying welding & fabrication - mechanical engineering - fitting.
got one good friend
im quiet and lock myself away,

but now its come to a point where i cant see my worth anymore, im not going to get into my past history but its still happening now, and it feels like a constant battle inside,

but to the question in hand, am i ugly? every female and even some males (weird) say im ugly and insult me all the time, even a random girl sat next to me and said ''god your ugly'' and my friend called her a *****, but its happening all the time, and all i want is a sweet intellectual women, who is loyal and trustworthy, i just want to be happy, ive not been happy in 17years :'( i had love once and she broke my heart, and self harming started and she kept making me do it more due to my vunerbility so i still stayed with me and then she cheated on me on christmas day.

but am i ugly? why cant i find love again, ive had alot of pain in my life too much to handle and all i want is to be happy.

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/mbt9000/

my facebook - http://www.facebook.com/The.Pride.Of.Yorkshire

everyone says ill look better with contacts and long hair but why should i change
thankyou for your time

Michael.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Permanently Banned

God...reading this broke my heart. You're not too bad looking either. I don't get it. They probably just dislike you for other reasons.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

im always respectful to them, like asking how their night has gone etc, its really knocked me down abit

ive been told by friends that i dont smile and i look intense as hell, but thats my normal face i guess :/

wouldnt mind some females saying that tbh

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Permanently Banned

You aren't so bad looking - i don't know why any one would just say that to someone they don't even know. Lucky you have a friend to stick up for you.

nothing wrong with trying different styles if it makes you feel more confident - who knows - its a shallow world maybe a hair style can attract people
- just don't lose your dignity for respect of people who dont deserve it
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

what does You aren't so bad looking mean, havent heard of that one before?

your beautiful

its weird, ive noticed as well as others, im not good on pictures, i look worse i guess :/
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

i still cant get it off my mind, what the hell is wrong, i have career aspects, i work out, im a gentleman i study martial arts, i may not be brad pit but im not the elephant man either, i know i have an issue with confidence, a big problem so i guess thats why i took what people say to heart,
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 12:16 AM
SAS Member

I don't think you're ugly either. Anybody who has called you that is either insecure or too stupid to come up with a more witty insult.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 01:22 AM
SAS Member

You aren't ugly sir, people are just rude and inconsiderate.
Tomorrow is another day and you never know what might happen...
Keep your chin up!
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

KPolvon, your not just saying that are you, to try and make me feel better?
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Shy....but sweet. =]

I don't think you're even close to ugly. But that's just my opinion.
I can't even believe people would say that to you.
Maybe they're jealous. =P
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 12:36 PM
SAS Member

people are so awful sometimes. you're not ugly at all. I think you're quite attractive! and you have a really nice body. you should feel good!

you sound like a smart guy too. the people around you are probably either jealous or just mean, miserable people in general. maybe they can sense your vulnerability and think they can take advantage of it. people can be evil that way.

try not to let it upset you so much (easier said than done, believe me I know!). keep in mind that when people bully you and call you names, it really reflects more on them than on you. or just tell them to eff off next time. it may be out of character for you, but it will probably feel really good!
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 12:42 PM
planning relocation

Seems like your lacking confidence and attitude. Having attitude doesnt make you a jerk. As far as being a gentleman, thats cool but try not to be old fashioned about it. Hope my advice helps.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

thanks people i appreciate it, and its the first time ive been cold attractive thankyou

and pjm1978 how can you be a gentleman with out being old fashioned?
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 02:54 PM
SAS Member

I don't think you're ugly at all. Those morons don't know what they're talking about. Who the hell walks up to someone and says "God you're ugly."? That's inconsiderate and heartless. They prolly just call you ugly because the truth is they have their own insecurities and calling you names makes em feel better bout themselves.

Don't change yourself to live up to their standards. Ik this is corny but it's true, what's on the inside matters more than what's on the outside. Try to ignore them.

Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's a thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten. So much time you can bathe in it, roll around in it, let it slide like coins through your fingers. So much time you can waste it.
But for some us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

thankyou, feel free to add me on facebook, put new pictures up of myself, and ull see with the intense look i give with my normal face, but the black and white one is my favorite, http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/mbt9000/

still unsure about my looks (not being vain) so these recent ones should let you know what i look like, i took them 10mins ago.

if you add me on facebook, tell me who you are
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 03:50 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
every female and even some males (weird) say im ugly and insult me all the time, even a random girl sat next to me and said ''god your ugly''

People can be mean and harsh. You shouldn't let them get to you. If they have nothing better to do than insult other people then there is seriously something wrong with them. Those people aren't worth your time and their opinion shouldn't matter to you because it means nothing.
haters gonna hate

Quote:
but am i ugly? why cant i find love again, ive had alot of pain in my life too much to handle and all i want is to be happy.
Are you ugly? Not at all.
You will find love and you will be happy. Be patient. You are still young. One day you will find the right person. Keep your head up. There are a lot of cruel and heartless people out there, but not everyone is like that.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

ur not just saying that are you :') did you check my updated pictures? xx
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 04:08 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTurner View Post
ur not just saying that are you :') did you check my updated pictures? xx
I'm not just saying that. I saw the updated pictures. You are handsome.
Don't be so hard on yourself. You are not ugly.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 04:16 PM
SAS Member

Doesn't make any sense. i looked at all your pics you are a descent - above average looking guy. i'd say you are actually handsome (no homo)

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...p-therapy-357/
Online Cognitive Behavioral Group Therapy (CBT) - Join if interested in Overcoming SA
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

thanks everyone, how can i get that self doubt feeling, im not accusing you of being a liar, but its like my brain is saying ''they could be wrong''

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page