Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Frustration (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f35/)
-   -   Why do you want to get laid anyways? (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f35/why-do-you-want-to-get-laid-anyways-148426/)

HermitModeON 10-23-2011 05:39 PM

Why do you want to get laid anyways?
 
There's a lot of threads on here started by people who can't get laid but want to really bad. The way I see it, there are three reasons to want to get laid.

1. Procreate. If you want to get laid for this reason, then you're probably doing fine.

2. Lose virginity. There are other things you should be worried about. Whether you're 15 or 45, there are always more important things than sex you should be worried about.

3. Feels good man. Think about all the times you've masturbated. Did you ever ONCE think to yourself after you were done, "well that was the best decision of my day." Same thing as sex.

Saint Myr 10-23-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HermitModeON (Post 1059383560)
There's a lot of threads on here started by people who can't get laid but want to really bad. The way I see it, there are three reasons to want to get laid.

1. Procreate. If you want to get laid for this reason, then you're probably doing fine.

2. Lose virginity. There are other things you should be worried about. Whether you're 15 or 45, there are always more important things than sex you should be worried about.

3. Feels good man. Think about all the times you've masturbated. Did you ever ONCE think to yourself after you were done, "well that was the best decision of my day." Same thing as sex.

Thumbs up. I agree 100%. It seems that as a whole the society lacks substance, integrity, or individuality. Everyone follows the crowd like brainwashed drones.

Edit: The term getting "laid" is also an insult to me as a human being. People don't realize they're degrading themselves when they use such terminology.

yorijiko 10-23-2011 05:54 PM

Good summary. For me though, it was to feel wanted. I change my mind after a close brush. Now, it's whenever and I don't care. There's too much porn out there to keep me happy in the meantime.:yes

The Silent 1 10-23-2011 06:01 PM

1. Because sexuality is a basic part of human nature and its something we all naturally crave.

2. To experience being physically intimate with someone.

3. Its a life experience I wish to have, among others.

Innamorata 10-23-2011 06:05 PM

Done one and two, three is good too.

FitchForce 10-23-2011 06:06 PM

I think it's important, just not as important as most people make it out to be. I have to problem waiting until I'm married.

john kimble 10-23-2011 06:08 PM

Why not? Like what is the big deal? Sex is sex thats it. You wana do it then youll find a way. You dont then you dont. Womp womp

GunnyHighway 10-23-2011 06:08 PM

It's not so much the act itself. It's the fact that a lot of us guys here can't even get a girlfriend (and vice-versa for femals as well). Sex would mean we've done something that seems so unattainable because of our SA. It would mean we have overcome a huge barrier, where we have someone we trust enough to share that with, and most importantly somebody else that trusts us.

(I'm talking relationships here though, I'm not thinking escorts and whatnot)

CopadoMexicano 10-23-2011 06:09 PM

Because I'm desperate :um

john kimble 10-23-2011 06:15 PM

True. I mean if you want it youll get it. If it hasnt worked through relationships and your working on it, honestly are you still going to wait longer? Life doesnt wait, why should you? Lmaoo I forgot where that quote was from :/

AlisonWonderland 10-23-2011 06:17 PM

IMO, it's more that it seems that everybody else is doing it - for me, most of my girlfriends have many one night stands, flings etc. I love that, I want to be socially able to have such casual sex.
Boyfriend? Sure, had them, have one - it's not a relationship that I want. I just kind of want to be in charge of my sexuality, if that makes sense.

Haunty 10-23-2011 06:22 PM

I don't want to get laid, I want a girlfriend. Getting laid is just an ingredient in a relationship, I want the finished product. And if I never find that, then I don't care if I die a virgin.

HermitModeON 10-23-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saint Myr (Post 1059383592)
Thumbs up. I agree 100%. It seems that as a whole the society lacks substance, integrity, or individuality. Everyone follows the crowd like brainwashed drones.

Edit: The term getting "laid" is also an insult to me as a human being. People don't realize they're degrading themselves when they use such terminology.

I'm interested as to why you feel "laid" is an insulting term. To be honest, I don't even know why "getting laid" means "having sex" in the first place...

Saint Myr 10-23-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HermitModeON (Post 1059383751)
I'm interested as to why you feel "laid" is an insulting term. To be honest, I don't even know why "getting laid" means "having sex" in the first place...

Are you honest? Getting laid from my life experience has pretty much always referred to having sex.

HermitModeON 10-23-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saint Myr (Post 1059383773)
Are you honest? Getting laid from my life experience has pretty much always referred to having sex.

Right, I get that part. I just don't know why "getting laid" refers to "having sex." Where does the term come from and why do you find it insulting?

RetroDoll 10-23-2011 07:10 PM

i'll pass.

Saint Myr 10-23-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HermitModeON (Post 1059383784)
Right, I get that part. I just don't know why "getting laid" refers to "having sex." Where does the term come from and why do you find it insulting?

I believe our worth is far more significant than to subject ourselves to degrading situations.

People aren't sex dolls for you to use to satisfy your immediate urges. That is how animals act, not the human race which is intricately complex on many facets. We are more than just flesh and blood, but spiritual and emotional beings.

When someone uses the term "getting laid", they are unknowingly yielding to a shallow view of reality, and discount our value as human beings. There is much more to us than the sexual aspect.

HermitModeON 10-23-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saint Myr (Post 1059383794)
I believe our worth is far more significant than to subject ourselves to degrading situations.

People aren't sex dolls for you to use to satisfy your immediate urges. That is how animals act, not the human race which is intricately complex on many facets. We are more than just flesh and blood, but spiritual and emotional beings.

When someone uses the term "getting laid", they are unknowingly yielding to a shallow view of reality, and discount our value as human beings. There is much more to us than the sexual aspect.

What's wrong with having sex? I don't see how a person could be considered honorable just because they decide not to have sex. It's not something that should be thought about too much. In reality, it's just a simple action.

sas111 10-23-2011 07:45 PM

We are animals & naturally crave this. I get strong cravings around my ovulation cycle or in other words when you naturally are in heat. When i'm not ovulating I want to get pleasure in other ways.

FrightOrFlight 10-23-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saint Myr (Post 1059383794)
That is how animals act, not the human race which is intricately complex on many facets.

We are animals. In fact humans are pretty much just colonies of trillions of thoughtless microscopic organisms. Like any other living thing on earth. :yes


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000-2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome