Why do people do this?! - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Why do people do this?!

Eurgh.. heres a msn convo woth this boy who i use to be really close with but we stopped speaking, he somehow put 2 and 2 together and figured out that i am a loner..

#ollieeeee wedgburyyyyy $13:] says:
dont you feel lonely
**** says:
nopee (:

blocked out my name ofc.. anyways, its just like.. why do people do that? i know im a loner, but why point it out to me, i feel like crying and no doubt im gonna start now over this petty thing. WHY MENTION IT? does anyone else get pissed off about this happening to them. i blocked him straight after i answered. alsoo i put a (: to try make it look like i dont care about being a loner, but i do GRRR why state the obvious? its not making my life any easier..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 03:15 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy
Just from the one sentence I thought he seemed possibly concerned. Maybe even curious about your condition.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

i even logged off facebook incase he would say something on facebook chat

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyvr6 View Post
Just from the one sentence I thought he seemed possibly concerned. Maybe even curious about your condition.
no one knows about my condition. to be honest, i think he was saying it to be mean and gloat

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 03:26 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy
Could be that as well. If you had stayed on longer then you probably would have found out for sure. Now, it's basically just whatever your perception makes it out to be.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 04:10 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeirdOne View Post
no one knows about my condition. to be honest, i think he was saying it to be mean and gloat
Yeah. It's silly to jump to conclusions from just that one sentence. He could have been trying to tell you that he currently feels lonely, and could have just been asking you if you do too.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 09:51 AM
SAS Member

Sorry but I think you are over reacting. He simply asked a question right? Maybe he is wondering whether you are lonely and how you cope with it. Some of my friends ask me this all the time. "Aren't you lonely with the same old life? Don't you want to get out and have some fun sometimes?" etc. Try to understand that they don't understand us It's probably not because they are rude but because they don't have a clue

But I am just saying it with whatever little information I have about your conversation so I might be wrong.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 10:48 AM
SAS Member

I agree with what the other posters are saying. Unless he has said something previously, it seemed like just an innocent question.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page