My Mood: Blah
Why are normal things so hard to do?

Etc..

Go to the store
Get on public transport
Talk at work,school ,phone,cashiers
Eat in public
Walk in public

And yes , its because of SA. But i ask myself the same thing over and over again, such as now.
Even just thinking about that stuff makes me drained.

And i also think about the people that donít have SA .I,m not saying that they donít have anxiety or hard times either, because i know everyone does. But sometimes i think how good it would be to do all of these Ďnormalí things and not think twice about it! Or at least have the same level of anxiety about things and not over the top which happens with SA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2020, 02:19 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnox 100 View Post
Etc..

Go to the store
Get on public transport
Talk at work,school ,phone,cashiers
Eat in public
Walk in public

And yes , its because of SA. But i ask myself the same thing over and over again, such as now.
Even just thinking about that stuff makes me drained.

And i also think about the people that donít have SA .I,m not saying that they donít have anxiety or hard times either, because i know everyone does. But sometimes i think how good it would be to do all of these Ďnormalí things and not think twice about it! Or at least have the same level of anxiety about things and not over the top which happens with SA.
I know what you mean. I used to have horrible anxiety eating in public, walking along in malls etc - I just posted about it a bit now. I just wanted to say - don't give up, it might get better. And there are people here that know what it's like - so maybe that'll help if you think you're not alone in this. I hope so anyway.

Like i said in the other post - I don't know why mine changed. But i can go anywhere and eat now and I don't even think about it. I can still get a bit self-conscious at times but it varies a lot and usually isn't bad. Other things are still a problem though - sometimes phone calls, giving a presentation would be hell on earth still I imagine.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2020, 12:42 PM
SAS Member

Language: EN
My Mood: Breezy
It seems to me that everyone is too busy with their own affairs to pay attention to you.
Therefore, when I do something in public, I always think about it and remain "invisible" in the crowd

Loving world and family, taking Zoloft, hoping for cure

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2020, 06:17 AM
SAS Member

Think of what it feels like to walk through a dark alley. You feel threatened and watching for any sounds or movements in the shadows or any noises behind you. The fear is designed to protect you. To keep you on the lookout. It's the same with social anxiety except it's threat to your self esteem, pride, ego, social standing etc. Next time you go out somewhere try to feel this threat detector is turned off even for a few seconds and you'll instantly feel a sense of relief as your sa evaporates. If you can manage to convince your mind to shut off this threat scanner you'll find this is the key to getting rid of social anxiety. So keep practicing turning off the threat scanner. You'll know you're on the right path as you'll feel very threatened to let your guard down but don't give in to that fear.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 02:22 AM
Duke Duck

My Mood: Relaxed
I know what you mean. I have experienced both worlds because my SA is on and off. When my SA is off I enjoy doing the things that normally would have made me anxious. Like spending time with people and going out. I had a genuine desire to talk to people and connect.

Something I learnt from it was how important fun is. Fun is the antidote to anxiety. If you have fun doing something, anxiety reduces.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 07:07 AM
MyViewsMatter

My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeTrippin View Post
It seems to me that everyone is too busy with their own affairs to pay attention to you.
Therefore, when I do something in public, I always think about it and remain "invisible" in the crowd
I agree with this. Chances are, the majority of people in public are self-conscious too and worried about their own life problems. They may see you for 1 second and then switch back to thinking about their own worries. I am also sometimes self-conscious too, where my mind has this endless loop of people in public seeing me then judging me, following me, but that's just a false assumption.

Remember, your views and what you have to say matter to others AND to yourself

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page