What is one thing that frustrates you more than anything else? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 12:54 AM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
Having to work 40 hours a week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 01:10 AM
SAS Member

You ever have a runny nose and some cocksucker comes around and is like "Your nose is running!". Well no **** mother****er, did you think I haven't noticed. You pointing it out isn't doing anything for curing it. Then they usually follow with a "Why is it running?". I don't know you ****, if I could solve it you think I'd have made some coin.

I have a bit of allergies, and have come across this stupid scenario too many times, and just about had to thump a few people.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 01:17 AM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry

Human Voice

smearing, corruption of information

noise

scramble

transgression

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehuti88 View Post
Being unable to connect with people due to anxiety combined with my stupid unusual interests. Maybe if I at least had normal interests like everyone else, or a willingness to connect with people not similar to me, things would be better.
It is possible to go outside and meet people. You just need to face your fears, dont let them ruin your life. And take small steps towards changing your situation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInvisibleHand View Post
People with numbers in their username.
Haha well i cant relate but one thing that i feel this way about is when people go around being a complete apple and shipping on other people's string threads and sign posts. And one thing that is sad is how they cant get a job so that they can contribute to society, i wish they could. That way they wouldnt have to waste their lives towards being some kind of cyber menace. Which sad to say many people do nothing other than frown down on them with pity and view them as a nuisance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulbloom View Post
That people think that I don't care when in fact I do care (so much). It's just that my anxiety prevents me from showing what I really feel. It frustrates me so much..
That must be frustrating
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinto View Post
I want invisible hand's approval too :/
Me too
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNikki View Post
People with the "holier than thou" attitude while thinking that they can never do wrong to a person (ex; justifiable to do said-wrongs to a person, as if they are God). I don't gravitate too well with people who get preachy/new-age positivism for this reason.
And they believe that all their actions are wise and holy or divinely ordained or just.
Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
Having to work 40 hours a week.
Hey in the olden times like the middle ages people had to work dawn to dusk 6 or 7 days a week lol so we dont have it too bad.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 03:36 AM
Permanently Banned

Language: American
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad1231234 View Post
And one thing that is sad is how they cant get a job so that they can contribute to society, i wish they could. That way they wouldnt have to waste their lives towards being some kind of cyber menace. Which sad to say many people do nothing other than frown down on them with pity and view them as a nuisance.
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 03:47 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinto View Post
I want invisible hand's approval too :/
do you think The Hand hands out approval like candy ? you need to earn it, but once you have it, you have it for life.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
You seem to recycle your gif's a lot.
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 06:15 AM
Permanently Banned

Language: American
Quote:
You seem to recycle your gif's a lot.
you are not worthy of me spending time on finding a new gif
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
you are not worthy of me spending time on finding a new gif
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 10:18 AM
♎Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
It is possible to go outside and meet people. You just need to face your fears, dont let them ruin your life. And take small steps towards changing your situation
I do go out...there's nowhere around here to meet people into the same things I am (if they even exist), though. Very small and boring city. No clubs or meetups or anything. :/ Only bars, and I don't drink or have much in common with people who do.

When I was in therapy my psychologist tried twice to set me up with other people with my interests, and we all agreed...first one never replied to me...second one stood me up and then said she didn't want to meet with me after all. -_-

All but one of my old friends moved away after graduation and weren't interested in keeping in touch (most weren't into the same things I am, anyway). There's one who still lives in the area and whenever I run into her in public she asks me to get in touch with her...but she never replied to my last snail mail or last two e-mails! So I don't know why she keeps asking. Frustrating.

Numerous times I've tried to befriend likeminded people online, but they never returned my interest. Some of them were especially cruel in their rejections. (Expressing enthusiasm for getting to know me in one e-mail...then when I meekly asked what's up after not hearing from them for several weeks/months, angrily demanding, "What makes you think you're important enough for me to waste time on you?" or just never replying at all.)

In 17 years I've made one friend online...I'm grateful for her, but she approached me first, and we don't share many similar interests. I don't wish to bore her with my stuff.

And so I've grown even more anxious about seeking friends into the same things I am.

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 11:05 AM
I am average!

Quote:
Being unable to connect with people due to anxiety combined with my stupid unusual interests. Maybe if I at least had normal interests like everyone else, or a willingness to connect with people not similar to me, things would be better.

I am just going to say it tehuti. You have to stop this negative mindset. You just have to, or else you will never connect with anyone in your life. You are not going to believe me, but I know that there are people out there that like you. What you don't realize is that when you have this super negative mindset, especially when it comes to yourself, you push other people away. When people give up on you in the end this just reinforces your mindset that there is something wrong with you. It's not true that there is something wrong with you. You are not going to understand it, but it is not true. You have to pay attention to when people come in to your life, and not when they leave. They come in to your life because they find you interesting, and they stay because they enjoy being with you, and in the end once you get closer they might choose to leave because being friends with someone who has a negative mindset takes a lot of energy. People want to help you but in the end they are going to feel weighed down and exhausted by your issues, issues that may or may not even be real issues. I am sure that most of the things you think about yourself, are opinions you hold alone, and are not shared by anyone else. I know that you won't believe that because you have this "proof" of people leaving over and over again, but that isn't a proof of how you are boring, or not funny, or not smart or anything. The proof that you are funny and smart is that they come in to your life, and the reason they leave is because they can't live your life for you. I am not saying it's your fault either that they leave. It's not your fault you can't understand that they love you, that's the environments fault, but the problem is that you can't understand it.
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 11:37 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
What is something that frustrates you more than anything else? It can be anything like a problem or words that people say or even just soemthing really general like how everyone uses iphones or something.
1) I have no hope in life, yet I have no power to end it. It's like a weird illusion, not a visual illusion but a mental one. I can see my future, completely dark, full of pain, yet at the same time I am unable to take any real step towards preventing that future from happening.

No matter how hard I try to romanticize death, some part of me just wants to wait and see for itself, experience the pain growing year after year after year. It's frustrating, because it doesn't make make sense. It shouldn't be that hard.

2) Sometimes I get glimpses of other people's souls, but I can never tell if it was the real thing or just something in my head. I don't hate people. But I don't know who they are.

3) iphones don't bother me, unless someone's completely absorbed in it and I have to repeat everything because they didn't hear/understand the first time.

Ma 'alena
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myosr View Post
1) I have no hope in life, yet I have no power to end it. It's like a weird illusion, not a visual illusion but a mental one. I can see my future, completely dark, full of pain, yet at the same time I am unable to take any real step towards preventing that future from happening.

No matter how hard I try to romanticize death, some part of me just wants to wait and see for itself, experience the pain growing year after year after year. It's frustrating, because it doesn't make make sense. It shouldn't be that hard.

2) Sometimes I get glimpses of other people's souls, but I can never tell if it was the real thing or just something in my head. I don't hate people. But I don't know who they are.

3) iphones don't bother me, unless someone's completely absorbed in it and I have to repeat everything because they didn't hear/understand the first time.
That feeling of not wanting to end it is good. Stay strong and accept life for what it is and dont ever let anything take away your happiness and things can get so much better, trust me. Strive for your dreams.
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 12:03 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
That feeling of not wanting to end it is good. Stay strong and accept life for what it is and dont ever let anything take away your happiness and things can get so much better, trust me. Strive for your dreams.
Thank you, but no. I think this automatic aversion that people have for the idea is part of the problem for me. It's so taboo to think or talk about it without feeling guilty or that I'm doing something irrational. I'm not going to do it, but I'm almost perfectly convinced it's the best choice I have.

We're just going to have to disagree

Ma 'alena
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 12:20 PM
Priya

My Mood: Tired
People who just won't stop talking, when people look or stare at me because I always feel that they're thinking in their head "ugh she's ugly", the phrase "get over it", life, how people think it's okay to just start something by trying to say something to you, sly comments, the phrase "it's all in your head" oh my God that phrase makes me want to go mad. Crowded buses, when people think they're better than everyone else, really loud people, individuals who try to treat others like ****, people giving me advice or their opinion about me, pretty much everything ffs.

All you need is love. - The Beatles
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 12:24 PM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
Quote:
Hey in the olden times like the middle ages people had to work dawn to dusk 6 or 7 days a week lol so we dont have it too bad.
Why don't you try it for a couple years and come back to me.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 12:35 PM
♎Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
I appreciate the sentiment, I guess, but facts don't bear it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Indeed View Post
I am just going to say it tehuti. You have to stop this negative mindset. You just have to, or else you will never connect with anyone in your life. You are not going to believe me, but I know that there are people out there that like you. What you don't realize is that when you have this super negative mindset, especially when it comes to yourself, you push other people away. When people give up on you in the end this just reinforces your mindset that there is something wrong with you. It's not true that there is something wrong with you. You are not going to understand it, but it is not true. You have to pay attention to when people come in to your life, and not when they leave. They come in to your life because they find you interesting, and they stay because they enjoy being with you, and in the end once you get closer they might choose to leave because being friends with someone who has a negative mindset takes a lot of energy. People want to help you but in the end they are going to feel weighed down and exhausted by your issues, issues that may or may not even be real issues. I am sure that most of the things you think about yourself, are opinions you hold alone, and are not shared by anyone else. I know that you won't believe that because you have this "proof" of people leaving over and over again, but that isn't a proof of how you are boring, or not funny, or not smart or anything. The proof that you are funny and smart is that they come in to your life, and the reason they leave is because they can't live your life for you. I am not saying it's your fault either that they leave. It's not your fault you can't understand that they love you, that's the environments fault, but the problem is that you can't understand it.
I've had numerous people outright tell me the ways in which they dislike me, so these opinions aren't solely my own.

I also got the same rejections from people even before I thought/acted so negatively (see my post above yours), but... If you don't believe that then I can't convince you otherwise. I used to think I had a lot to offer other people.

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myosr View Post
Thank you, but no. I think this automatic aversion that people have for the idea is part of the problem for me. It's so taboo to think or talk about it without feeling guilty or that I'm doing something irrational. I'm not going to do it, but I'm almost perfectly convinced it's the best choice I have.

We're just going to have to disagree
Well with life you either claim what you want from it or you let life control you, only two options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
Why don't you try it for a couple years and come back to me.
Hey just pointing out that although life can be a pain, in this modern era we are quite advantaged due to technology and the large scale of society.
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 01:02 PM
I am average!

Quote:
I appreciate the sentiment, I guess, but facts don't bear it out.

I've had numerous people outright tell me the ways in which they dislike me, so these opinions aren't solely my own.

I also got the same rejections from people even before I thought/acted so negatively (see my post above yours), but... If you don't believe that then I can't convince you otherwise. I used to think I had a lot to offer other people.
But tehuti - If you are going after facts I am sure I have read many more posts on this forum where people have praised you, or said positive things about instead of negative ones. I like you, and many other people do, and I am not really asking for more than when you think about the people who seem to dislike you, don't forget to think about the people who like you as well.
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 10:11 PM
(*__*)

Language: N/A
Manipulative narcissist type people that pretend to be nice to secure an advantage.

That's where the pain comes in
Like a second skeleton
Trying to fit beneath the skin
I can't fit the feelings in

-Fiona Apple

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page