What do you like and dislike the most about your life? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed

What do you like and dislike the most about your life?

What do you like the most about your life?

What do you dislike the most about your life?

What is the biggest problem that always comes to your mind?

What are glad about the most in your life?

How do these things affect your life and how do they make your life the way it is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 04:47 AM
Krombopulos Neal

My Mood: Tired
The thing I like most about my life is surprisingly, my job. It's not hard and my coworkers are good people.

The thing I dislike the most is my life is pretty boring and uneventful. I don't really go anywhere or do much.

My biggest reoccurring problem is letting people get under my skin over things that shouldn't matter.

The thing I'm the most glad about is that I don't have any serious health problems *knock on wood*

How all of these affect me in a whole, I'm not sure.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 04:48 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Fine
The one thing about my life i like is that i have the possibility to be free, and im working for it.

The one thing i dislike is my thoughts\boredom.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 05:32 AM
King of Carrot Flowers

My Mood: Fine
Quote:
I have a loving family and a great bunch of friends who care about me.

Quote:
My anxiety/depression/BDD issues.

Quote:
I never feel normal due to my mental condition.

Quote:
I'm glad I'm trying to get better every day and making progress. I'm glad I'm meeting new people on this forum to help me.

Quote:
How do these things affect your life and how do they make your life the way it is?
I have a condition that prevents me from doing a lot in life. I do have a support group that helps me cope and grow as a person. I feel like I'm constantly at war, but at least it feels as if I'm winning.

May the wind be always at your back.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 10:50 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angry
1. That I'm alive & I'm not bored all the time.

2. That I'm stuck in my house all the time & my SA+OCD tag teaming to keep me from doing anything about it.

3. Old grudges & tramatic events always riling up me up & ****.

4. See #1

5. Due to the severity of my condition, I remain stagnant from going outside my house. Another side effect of my situation is my inability to sleep (at least past midnight) which in turn allows old tramatizing events to haunt my mind.

We always have a choice but we don't decide the consequences.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 12:40 AM
Una imposibilidad yestoqu

Language: Luuvvvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad1231234 View Post

What I like most?... hmm hard one. Probably the fact that I have quite a bit of freedom in my life. Almost too much freedom, it's anarchy.

What I dislike the most is how much I don't have my life together and that I'm always a mess in one way or another.

Instability is the biggest problem. Always.

I'm glad that (well, right now at least) that I have some good qualities that maybe not everyone has, meaning everyone who's had a fairly normal life without much trauma. Meaning at least, because I've grown up with a background of times of trauma, there's a small part in me that feels for the person in a rough place or a hard time.

How do they affect me? Well, I'm either always in some sort of crisis or never really seeing the good side of the city. There's not really a silver lining, more like a cluster of water vapor that eventually turns into a tornado and rips my life apart. But other than that, I get to enjoy some fine moments here and there. I dunno. I'm beside myself all the time. Coffee traumatizes me, silly stuff like that.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 12:51 AM
Lonely Hollow Shell

My Mood: Brooding
Quote:

Like the most? My family. Direct family is dysfunctional but currently, the times I'm most happy is spent with them or attending big family events.

Dislike, without saying, would be my anxiety/depression but more specifically, the loneliness that's caused from it. It hurts so good when someone actually talks to me one on one. The cycle of it sucks. I'm clingy because I have no one and I have no one because I'm clingy. Trying to fix that.

Biggest problem is my lack of initiative. I've had a few small triumphs here and there but I've missed out on a lot because I can't take that initiative.

I'm most glad about my empathy. I always try to be the friendly ear, middle ground kind of guy. I'm not fond of conflict and I like to help people. I think that's one thing SA has done right for me.

"He's dying to get away, let the pain of yesterday go slipping through the cracks
Hiding himself away, watching all the memories fade away from red to black"
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 01:31 AM
Malevolent Dictator

My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
My job. I write some crazy ****.

Quote:
Being trans, obv. Or "doomed to a lifetime of misery" as I prefer to call it.

Quote:
Having absolutely no money.

Quote:
I have a wonderful and supportive online friend.

Quote:
Well, being trans led to the bullying that led to the SA and to being practically unemployable. I write, because it's about the only thing I can do given my limitations, but because there's so much competition, I can't make enough money to pay my bills, get therapy, or transition. Which means that my misery will be perpetuated indefinitely, or until I die. (But I prefer "indefinitely" because that way I might live forever. Though I'll be miserable the whole time, so I have conflicted feelings about it.) My friend keeps me just sane enough that I don't take the express escalator to the great shoe store in the sky. Which is good for the people who work there, because I'd be just as annoying up there as I am down here. Though, tbh, I'm pretty sure we all know I'm going to hell. Which is alright because I bet they have great shoes down there.

Are you sure you want to permanently delete this culture? [Yes] [No]
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
The thing I like most about my life is surprisingly, my job. It's not hard and my coworkers are good people.

The thing I dislike the most is my life is pretty boring and uneventful. I don't really go anywhere or do much.

My biggest reoccurring problem is letting people get under my skin over things that shouldn't matter.

The thing I'm the most glad about is that I don't have any serious health problems *knock on wood*

How all of these affect me in a whole, I'm not sure.
Maybe you should try something new or try hanging out with friends/coworkers? The purpose of life is to enjoy life and to experience the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by impedido10 View Post
The one thing about my life i like is that i have the possibility to be free, and im working for it.

The one thing i dislike is my thoughts\boredom.
Free? That word has a lot of defiinitions. If you mean emotionally/mentally free, then that is attainable. I find that by simply just accepting life for what it is, letting go of my negative emotions, not letting anything affect my happiness, and embracing every good thing in life, is the key to true happiness. The world is a mess, my life is a train wreck, i have emotional problems and circumstantial problems and even some physical problems, but my mind is happy. As long as i'm not in a severe level of pain/discomfort/, then i dont really care what happens in my life. This is a good mindset to have. You are still aware of your problems, you are still doing something about your life etc, but you simply are not letting anything take away your happiness. Because life is short, so dont waste it. I dont know if thats what you mean by free lol but i thought i might put it here for people to maybe read, it's a really good mindset to go through life with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren611 View Post
I like the lack of expectation and pressure from my parents now.

Not having the confidence to apply for work in places I know I'd be great in if it wasn't for my SA.

That I'm always waiting for the next person to hurt me.

Having my animals to look after.

• I feel my parents have given up trying to "encourage" me to find a job and live in my own place and things, because they know they'd be met with a fight and I'd regress to being difficult to deal with again (in a different way to how I already am difficult to deal with).
  • Being able to work would mean having a routine that isn't spending too much time cooped up in my room, because I'm someone who loves the outdoors, so going for long walks and cycling for miles around where I live was common for me until a few years ago. If I could find work where I'm outside a lot (which is why I want to do dog walking), I'd enjoy that.
  • I've been hurt a lot in the past by many people who were friends, family, and people who either didn't know me that well or didn't know me at all, and I've become very aloof because of it. I don't like getting close to others anymore, I don't trust easily, and I've lost respect for a few people I'd once looked up to. It's also why I feel I'm closer to animals than other people.
  • My animals give me a reason to leave my room other than for getting meals or using the bathroom. Plus, they make me laugh and give me comfort when I feel stressed. One of my guinea-pigs is very patient about being handled, and his fur is long and woolly so he's very soft, cuddly, and relaxing to groom. He'd make a great therapy pig lol.
Hmm if i were you i would really do all i can to face my fears and to change my life, even if it took one step at a time. You still have a lot of time to change things. Dont let anxiety stop you. I mean everyone has their preferences but personally if i were in your situation, i would hate to be living with my parents and with no friends or job etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex4You View Post
I have a loving family and a great bunch of friends who care about me.

My anxiety/depression/BDD issues.

I never feel normal due to my mental condition.

I'm glad I'm trying to get better every day and making progress. I'm glad I'm meeting new people on this forum to help me.

I have a condition that prevents me from doing a lot in life. I do have a support group that helps me cope and grow as a person. I feel like I'm constantly at war, but at least it feels as if I'm winning.
That's great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthopia94 View Post
1. That I'm alive & I'm not bored all the time.

2. That I'm stuck in my house all the time & my SA+OCD tag teaming to keep me from doing anything about it.

3. Old grudges & tramatic events always riling up me up & ****.

4. See #1

5. Due to the severity of my condition, I remain stagnant from going outside my house. Another side effect of my situation is my inability to sleep (at least past midnight) which in turn allows old tramatizing events to haunt my mind.
Smash your problems! Grab your SA and ocd and agoraphobia in a bunch and go outside your house and claim the world for your own! A good life wont fall into your hands, so you have to take charge and make life into what you want it. Even if it takes one small step at a time. Yes, anxiety and agoraohobia and ocd etc make life much harder, but they do not control you. I used to have really terrible ocd but i finally got sick of it and got rid of it. I can now to through my life thinking so clearly and my mind is much more peaceful. Agoraphobia and sA can be overcome one step at a time. Remember, dont let anything stop you from living the life that you want. You are in control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coeur_brise View Post
What I like most?... hmm hard one. Probably the fact that I have quite a bit of freedom in my life. Almost too much freedom, it's anarchy.

What I dislike the most is how much I don't have my life together and that I'm always a mess in one way or another.

Instability is the biggest problem. Always.

I'm glad that (well, right now at least) that I have some good qualities that maybe not everyone has, meaning everyone who's had a fairly normal life without much trauma. Meaning at least, because I've grown up with a background of times of trauma, there's a small part in me that feels for the person in a rough place or a hard time.

How do they affect me? Well, I'm either always in some sort of crisis or never really seeing the good side of the city. There's not really a silver lining, more like a cluster of water vapor that eventually turns into a tornado and rips my life apart. But other than that, I get to enjoy some fine moments here and there. I dunno. I'm beside myself all the time. Coffee traumatizes me, silly stuff like that.
Life is messed up, life is far from perfect. I just enjoy whatever life throws at me. Jusg live for the hell of it, for the sake of experiencing anything at all, good or bad. I've given up on trying to stay in control of everything and trying to make everything perfect. I just float through life, accomplish what i want, dont let anything take away my happiness, etc. Try it, it helps a lot. Life is short so there is no point in trying to get everything together, just relax and float through life. I'm not saying to not do anything about life lol but i mean life is so much more peaceful and happy when we just let go of everything and just focus on actually living life itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MondKrabbe View Post
Like the most? My family. Direct family is dysfunctional but currently, the times I'm most happy is spent with them or attending big family events.

Dislike, without saying, would be my anxiety/depression but more specifically, the loneliness that's caused from it. It hurts so good when someone actually talks to me one on one. The cycle of it sucks. I'm clingy because I have no one and I have no one because I'm clingy. Trying to fix that.

Biggest problem is my lack of initiative. I've had a few small triumphs here and there but I've missed out on a lot because I can't take that initiative.

I'm most glad about my empathy. I always try to be the friendly ear, middle ground kind of guy. I'm not fond of conflict and I like to help people. I think that's one thing SA has done right for me.
Hmmm good people who are like you probably would stay with you whether you are clingy or not, you just have to find them.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 10:43 AM
untitled document

Language: None
Like: Exceptional freedom to choose what to do with my time.
Dislike: Fear.
Problem: isn't this the second question again?
Glad: isn't this the first question again?
Affect: They lead me to do a lot of sitting around at home thinking about how I could be doing stuff if I weren't afraid to.

SA Game | Sacramento SA Meetup

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 06:31 PM
Resist

My Mood: Tired
GF and kid. Can't imagine life without them.

Not being wealthy. Life would be much more fun if I had millions.

Being jobless is always on my mind and my greatest stressor.

How lucky I've been with my job, in terms of how I started and the jobs I've found.

This sounds like a bonus question.

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 01:18 AM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
Angry

Misery

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_shoulder

awake each morning

nothing to celebrate or look forward to

yet another 24/7 of emptiness

blacklisted

the next upcoming event will be absolute hatred
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 12:46 PM
SAS Member

What happens when you don't care anymore.....
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 12:53 PM

Dislike: Everything

Like: TBA
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 02:46 PM
(*__*)

Language: N/A
I like that I'm okay with a simple life, have money, and my parents are letting me live with them as long as I want. I don't like my job, anxiety, and feeling like I should be a different species or something.

That's where the pain comes in
Like a second skeleton
Trying to fit beneath the skin
I can't fit the feelings in

-Fiona Apple
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 03:15 PM
SAS's Chief Meteorologist

I like the fact that I can work from home.

I don't like the fact that I can't handle working with other people. I could be earning a damn good living if I could handle working with people.

Nobody loves me but my dog, and I think he might be jivin', too.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 06:44 PM
lagrimas negras

I like the fact that I have plenty of people- mostly family members- that care about me.
What I dislike the most is that I waste my time dwelling on stuff that don't really matter instead of focusing on the things/ people that do matter.
I need to stop feeling so damn sorry for myself when my life could be so much worse.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 07:41 PM
I'm not OK (I promise)

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I'm barely even alive enough to answer the questions.

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

Call me morbid, call me pale
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 08:03 PM
Sorry...

My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I'm barely even alive enough to answer the questions.
same

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page