What do you do when there's no one to talk to? - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 06:07 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Tiger View Post
Xbox FTW. Although most of the guys that play black ops are obnoxious. I try to refrain from communicating with them. The conversations they have are pretty funny sometimes though, makes me laugh and takes my mind off things.
Haha that's what I do. Play video games all day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Permanently Banned

YouTube. When I'm alone that is ALL I DO.
post #43 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Lost Generation Club

Language: Fleeing
My Mood: Pensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickorysmoked View Post
Haven't written anything in a really long time. The way I feel, I could probbably write a nice long poem.
Yeah you might want to try that . It definitely helps me when I'm feeling depressed or lonely.

"Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

post #44 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 06:14 PM
SAS's koala

Distract myself as much as possible...I cant let my brain wonder on of on its own or its going to go to some pretty crappy places

We are sex bob-omb and we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!!
post #45 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 06:59 PM
OMG

I don't like to talk to anyone about my problems, so that helps when there's nobody to talk to.

"Glad to see the faithful out in full force,
bowing at the alter of the scientific method."
post #46 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 01:24 PM
SAS Member

Lonely in the crowd

I always feel for some reason I never fit in anywhere. Others seem to have so much fun/ but feel left out. Just have a fear of going out to dinner or in social setting fear that i will do something stupid. have learn to read hoards of books sew and sit at home sometime lonely walks alone.
post #47 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Permanently Banned

I keep it all locked up inside and on occasion have a good cry laying in bed thinking about how my life became what it is before I fall asleep.
post #48 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 01:58 PM
SAS Member

I break things. I play piano.
post #49 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 04:00 PM
SAS Member

Xbox and world of warcraft.
post #50 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 04:07 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Thanks for sharing the video of the baby ripping paper.
It's so sweet!

You had me at hello.
post #51 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 04:51 PM
SAS Member

Since I get no social interaction in the real world, this site is the next best thing I have to meet that social need. I really doesn't really fill the void though, because you really just post comments and have no idea if anyone actually reads your posts. For all I know I might be talking to myself most of the time so it can actually make it worse.

I might have 1 to 2 people look at my profile a day, so at least I know some people are reading my posts and hopefully relating to them. At least I know if someone looks at my profile, I know they probably liked what I said so they wanted to know more about me. I always check out people's profiles when I get the chance to. I obviously can't click on everyone's but I check out people who write posts I can relate with.

Other than that I'll just play videogames and surf the web all day. That usually ties me over.

YOU BLEW IT.
post #52 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Imaginary Boy™

I just escape into my own fantasy world.

"I no longer can resist the haunting of her cries. It was the sweetest melody, like gold and honey dripping from the fingertips of God. I feel the wind against my face from the flapping of her wings. I feel the black and silky tenderness all choking me; but I can almost feel her embrace..." - The Siren's Call
post #53 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Beastly Yet Intriguing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalSlakt View Post
How do you cope with the empty and loneliness feelings when you want to talk to someone (don't have to be deep talks just more than small talk) but there is no one to talk to?

I've tried watching movies or occupying my mind with other stuff but it doesn't work well since that's not what I want.

If I'm not really really tired it will end up with me crying myself to sleep. And that makes me nervous and afraid all day long that this night will end up just like the other night.

It makes me feel so pathetic but I try to not indulge in that feeling since it isn't making it better.
I try to take my mind off it. Thankfully for me the internet, books and video games are litterally a life saver.
post #54 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 08:36 PM
SAS Member

Come on here or try to read self help articles... Because I can't focus on doing ANY thing else.
post #55 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 09:09 AM
SAS Member

I feel the same way. Sometimes I can't sleep at night and wake up the next day with millions things on my mind, but when I try to talk to someone, it seems like no one would even care to listen. The way I cope with this is looking at funny photos. it helps sometimes. Reading is another way for me to deal with it. I find myself many times want to say something to someone, but they don't care, so I keep myself busy, I join a sport club and it keeps me out of worries.
The funny thing comes up with this is I want to write a book about myself one day, not to show other people, but to let anyone who feels the same way I do learn how to cope with loneliness.
post #56 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 07:08 PM
SAS Member

Sometimes I talk to myself, it can be nice. But I can also be angry, not necessarily at myself but angry at whatever I'm doing, which worries me.

Lately I've had a lot of tension in my head that won't go away. I used to associate it with moments of epiphany and stress release but now it just feels very uncomfortable. Sometimes I try to make myself cry but I find it impossible. I once had a friend say he wished he could cry, maybe I feel the same way, since I haven't cried in years. They say it can relieve your mind of a lot of tension.

People say you shouldnt burden other people with your problems. They tell you to take care of yourself, that you're needy and toxic. I don't know, I feel like there's something about me, its like everything I try to do, the more I try to push away my bad feelings, the more I try to solve them on my own, the more desperate I get.

Time is on my side. In a century when you turn to dust I will awaken to call Lucy my queen. I have in my time had many brides Mr. Harker - but I will set Lucy above them all.
post #57 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 11:28 PM
Pandora’s Birthright

My Mood: Pensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by saara View Post
Stay online for hours. :-/ Makes me feel worse. When that lonliness sets in, I find it hard to focus on anything else.
You put into words something I've been doing but don't really understand.
Before I had internet set up in my room, I would fiddle with projects without any endgame. Same thing. Pointless. Lonely. Hard to focus on anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingballoon View Post
I know this feeling. I especially get this empty feeling very late at night since I can't sleep normal hours. I usually end up going to an online chat community in hopes of having a decent conversation with someone.
Yeah, that's why I'm here right now. What really sucks is when i need to talk with someone, really need to, but feel too tired to have to put it in words so they will understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasure View Post
Isolate myself. Listen to music. Think bad thoughts. It might not be healthy, but I tend to feel better the morning after.
I do this sometimes. I think it's necessary to embrace the darkness if you want to embrace the light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteBlaze View Post
Suicide Hotline
Sooner or later I will get in a bad spot and end up calling these people in the middle of the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONER3454 View Post
Since I get no social interaction in the real world, this site is the next best thing I have to meet that social need. I really doesn't really fill the void though, because you really just post comments and have no idea if anyone actually reads your posts. For all I know I might be talking to myself most of the time so it can actually make it worse.
I read this post ^
Same sentiment here. Sometimes i feel useless. i had no idea people cared about my posts until i was going to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Myr View Post
I just escape into my own fantasy world.
And this is why i am obsessed with fiction, in all forms. Fiction will not save your life, but it will make it more bearable.

Some people will always need help. That doesn’t mean they’re not worth helping
– Meera Reed
post #58 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 11:58 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed
I live with my parents, so although i dont get along with them at all anymore, i talk to them about random things such as weather, etc. But basically im just sitting in a room all day on my tablet. I also do online chatting, so that gives me a lot of company. I dont really feel lonely, although i always feel very isolated from society and from humanity, almost to the point of mild depression. Like right now i am just thinking about what others are doing and im on this forum because im bored of playing phone games al day long in my tiny little world. Life sucks.
post #59 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 05:11 AM
SAS Member

That's really frustrating if there is no one. But infect, I don't really understand this situation because I have my own chatroom. And I cant talk to my customers all the time using a social chat like- ChatWing. This is a superb social chatroom where lot's of people can chat together. And the costing of using this chatroom isn't not so high. It's start with only $14 per month. I am really happy to use this kind of chatroom "ChatWing"
post #60 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 10:37 AM
SAS Member

Podcasts, radio, or streams.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page