What do you do when there's no one to talk to? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 09:57 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalSlakt View Post
I'd say a key to having a gf or even a friend and keeping it is to be confident in who you are not sacrifice to much off yourself because of someone else. Though that's so much easier said then done. :/ Is it ok if I ask how old you are?
Yeah, but at the same time, i can't act how I do now or things will not last at all. Well, when it comes to relationships; although I never had one, i have been victim to its consequences. What i mean by that is that I have fallen for a girl or two just to be heartbroken and turned down.

My age? How dare you.. ha jk, i joke a lot. Well, once people get to know me i really joke a lot. I'm 25. I'm old. I'm a loser in most if not all peoples eyes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vash View Post
Yeah, but at the same time, i can't act how I do now or things will not last at all. Well, when it comes to relationships; although I never had one, i have been victim to its consequences. What i mean by that is that I have fallen for a girl or two just to be heartbroken and turned down.

My age? How dare you.. ha jk, i joke a lot. Well, once people get to know me i really joke a lot. I'm 25. I'm old. I'm a loser in most if not all peoples eyes.
Are you happy with yourself the way you are now? I didn't mean never to change anything about yourself, I just meant not to change yourself because of somebody else. You should make changes that will make you feel better about yourself. Do you follow me? I'm bad at explaining sometimes. :/

You're older than me but you're not old. :P
post #23 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 11:52 PM
SAS Member

I barely talk to people, so whenever I feel empty or lonely, I prefer to lurk around the forums, refresh for replies and new threads, apart from that, I play online games all by myself too.
Its kinda weird that I tend to watch people online chatting by themselves, instead of getting involved in it.

post #24 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Fierce

Things that don't require alot of brainpower.

Indulging in food is one (though im trying to ween myself off of this bad habit), watching tv, reading random online articles, cleaning the house, and sleeping. Laying in bed listening to music does manage to do the trick sometimes.

A better option is heading outside. Doing something that doesn't require another person. I am pushing myself to go out for a jog and some iceskating tomorrow.

“I disregard the proportions, the measures, the tempo of the ordinary world. I refuse to live in the ordinary world as ordinary women. To enter ordinary relationships, I want ecstasy. I am a neurotic- in the sense that I live in my world. I will not adjust myself to the world. I am adjusted to myself.”
post #25 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 01:32 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Are you happy with yourself the way you are now? I didn't mean never to change anything about yourself, I just meant not to change yourself because of somebody else. You should make changes that will make you feel better about yourself. Do you follow me? I'm bad at explaining sometimes. :/

You're older than me but you're not old. :P
No, i'm not happy with myself or the situation I'm in. I wish I was though. But it's not that easy to just change or else I would have done it a long time ago and I wouldn't have SA lol. But i know what you mean and ive tried to change but it's pretty hard. I know that if I was to lose weight, i will feel better about myself and have a boost of confidence. But it's pretty hard to do when food is the only thing I rely on haha.

I'm older than everyone. I have a friend who is not even 21 yet and he's super smart and he just got a job getting paid 22 dollars an hour. Kinds hard not to feel like a loser haha.

How old are you? If you dont mind me asking. =]
post #26 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vash View Post
No, i'm not happy with myself or the situation I'm in. I wish I was though. But it's not that easy to just change or else I would have done it a long time ago and I wouldn't have SA lol. But i know what you mean and ive tried to change but it's pretty hard. I know that if I was to lose weight, i will feel better about myself and have a boost of confidence. But it's pretty hard to do when food is the only thing I rely on haha.

I'm older than everyone. I have a friend who is not even 21 yet and he's super smart and he just got a job getting paid 22 dollars an hour. Kinds hard not to feel like a loser haha.

How old are you? If you dont mind me asking. =]
Weight is ****. >.< I constantly have to remind myself that my life won't magically be all pretty and easy if I loose weight, though it's hard.

I'm 24 ;P
post #27 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 09:33 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Quote:
How do you cope with the empty and loneliness feelings when you want to talk to someone (don't have to be deep talks just more than small talk) but there is no one to talk to?

I've tried watching movies or occupying my mind with other stuff but it doesn't work well since that's not what I want.

If I'm not really really tired it will end up with me crying myself to sleep. And that makes me nervous and afraid all day long that this night will end up just like the other night.

It makes me feel so pathetic but I try to not indulge in that feeling since it isn't making it better.
I know it sucks you are not alone. A lot of times I will post on here or watch interviews with celebrities on youtube. I'll watch something motivating and remind myself that someday things will be better.
post #28 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Transparent

Isolate myself. Listen to music. Think bad thoughts. It might not be healthy, but I tend to feel better the morning after.

Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
post #29 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 11:45 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Weight is ****. >.< I constantly have to remind myself that my life won't magically be all pretty and easy if I loose weight, though it's hard.

I'm 24 ;P
Well, when I have trouble fitting on some desks that are in my classes, i could see that maybe I should really lose weight haha. Ijust don't like how I look and I always wear a sweater even if i'm holding the suns hand. I don't feel comfortable in my clothes which is why i tell myself "I'll start my diet tomorrow". I've been saying that for 6 months now haha.

From the picture that you have, I don't think you are overweight. I really don't like those girls that are too skinny, its like, meh. haha

24? I'm only a year older! haha, i was thinking you were like 19 or 20.
post #30 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 02:54 AM
Person doodling at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Tiger View Post
Xbox FTW. Although most of the guys that play black ops are obnoxious. I try to refrain from communicating with them. The conversations they have are pretty funny sometimes though, makes me laugh and takes my mind off things.
Hahaha I do that to. With the PS3. Sometimes guys take the game way too seriously and its hilarious when I finally talk. I'm just like wassup guys?!

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils, for it prolongs the torments of man" -Friedrich Nietzsche
post #31 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 03:46 AM
Mayor Bee

Xbox Live mostly. Listen to music which seems to take the edge off. I do that until I'm tired enough to sleep.
post #32 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 07:49 AM
SAS Member

I make myself some tea and either watch a movie or some tv. Usually cheers me up a bit.

"she wanted to die, but she also wanted to live in paris" -gustave flaubert
post #33 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Surrounded by greatness

I normally PM, text, or email someone in the hopes that they will reply. If that fails, I turn to music, or search YouTube for funny videos. Normally laughing helps a lot. Plus, watching some of those makes me realize how screwed up this world truly is, and maybe I'm not so bad after all.
post #34 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 08:06 AM
SAS Member

I usually talk to myself in my head as if I'm talking to someone else, it works quite well.
I also go on youtube and search for random things - there's a video of a baby laughing to tearing paper which makes me feel better. It's this one:

post #35 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 11:05 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisLi View Post
Distract myself somehow. Do something that involves my brain, like chess or reading.
But what if you cant read then you'd really be *****ed
post #36 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 03:43 PM
SAS Member

Loneliness sucks. We need people to relate to so we can feel our feelings. We need the mirror of other people to realise ourselves. If we have built up or unconscious/unexpressed anger, sadness, fear, loneliness, rage, pain, there is nowhere for it to go if we are on our own. On the other hand, as we suffer from 'social anxiety', or the symptoms of these unresolved conflicts and repressed feelings, it is hard for us to relate to people in an acceptable way (for us and them). This is where (good spiritually-based) psychotherapy comes in...
post #37 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Permanently Banned

Suicide Hotline
post #38 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 04:29 PM
o_O

I either listen to music or talk to myself if there's no one around and I can get away with it.
post #39 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Always on the Run.

My Mood: Pensive
Listen to/download music, go online, talk to online friends via FB or text, walk around to random shops outside, write.

"If you're going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill
post #40 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 05:07 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenm721 View Post
Listen to/download music, go online, talk to online friends via FB or text, walk around to random shops outside, write.
Haven't written anything in a really long time. The way I feel, I could probbably write a nice long poem.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page