What do you do when there's no one to talk to? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

What do you do when there's no one to talk to?

How do you cope with the empty and loneliness feelings when you want to talk to someone (don't have to be deep talks just more than small talk) but there is no one to talk to?

I've tried watching movies or occupying my mind with other stuff but it doesn't work well since that's not what I want.

If I'm not really really tired it will end up with me crying myself to sleep. And that makes me nervous and afraid all day long that this night will end up just like the other night.

It makes me feel so pathetic but I try to not indulge in that feeling since it isn't making it better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 05:53 PM
SAS Member

Xbox FTW. Although most of the guys that play black ops are obnoxious. I try to refrain from communicating with them. The conversations they have are pretty funny sometimes though, makes me laugh and takes my mind off things.
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 06:03 PM
I smell bull****.

I know this feeling. I especially get this empty feeling very late at night since I can't sleep normal hours. I usually end up going to an online chat community in hopes of having a decent conversation with someone.

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 06:14 PM
SAS Member

i write down it all down in my journal. or i just talk to myself if i'm extremelyyy bored haha
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 06:19 PM
Permanently Banned

Stay online for hours. :-/ Makes me feel worse. When that lonliness sets in, I find it hard to focus on anything else.
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 06:19 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Try to distract myself, like you. One thing that helps a little is to enter discussions on forums about things that interest me. Also, watching stand-up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I wish I had an outlet or some passion to focus my attention on, because this loneliness has really been getting to me lately.
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 06:20 PM
SAS Member

When I really want someone to talk to and since I don't have anyone; I cry. I feel lonely, stupid, empty, pathetic and i just cry. I'll listen to music too, and once I start to calm down a little, i watch some tv or something.. or ill get food. >.<
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Born Of Blotmona­

Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
My Mood: Cynical
I usually try to distract myself by watching movies, listening to tunes, writing poetry or writing music. As others have said sometimes it works & others times it's useless & I just feel like crap
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 06:52 PM
SAS Member

Writing in my journal seems to help me a little bit.
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vash View Post
When I really want someone to talk to and since I don't have anyone; I cry. I feel lonely, stupid, empty, pathetic and i just cry. I'll listen to music too, and once I start to calm down a little, i watch some tv or something.. or ill get food. >.<
Mmm the food! I'm so happy I don't have any ice cream in the freezer right now!

It's a bit ironic though that it's so easy to feel pathetic about being sad cause your alone when it's quite "natural" to be sad about such thing. :/
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 07:03 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalSlakt View Post
Mmm the food! I'm so happy I don't have any ice cream in the freezer right now!

It's a bit ironic though that it's so easy to feel pathetic about being sad cause your alone when it's quite "natural" to be sad about such thing. :/
I never saw it that way, but you're right.

I want ice cream now.. lol It sucks, i wish I didn't feel like that towards food, but I guess I'm not alone in that since there are others that do the same thing. I need to start going to the gym that i've been paying for a year now -_-. But im too scared.. lol
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Zil
I AM JUSTICE.

I don't know what I do, I try keeping myself busy and that usually works. Talking to myself in my head works too, but that's scaring me ;P

I live by the Knight's Code, so should you.

"A person's world is only as big as their heart."
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
I don't know what I do, I try keeping myself busy and that usually works. Talking to myself in my head works too, but that's scaring me ;P
If I talk to myself I just talk about how lonely I am. :P
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
I never saw it that way, but you're right.

I want ice cream now.. lol It sucks, i wish I didn't feel like that towards food, but I guess I'm not alone in that since there are others that do the same thing. I need to start going to the gym that i've been paying for a year now -_-. But im too scared.. lol

ah gyms >.< I hate them more than the exercise. ^^
I try to stay away from the comfort food since it just makes me feel worse once I've eaten it.
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 07:42 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
ah gyms >.< I hate them more than the exercise. ^^
I try to stay away from the comfort food since it just makes me feel worse once I've eaten it.
I hate gyms too, I want to ask the people who work there when the place is the most empty.. but i get nervous to ask that lol.

YES, i feel like that too. I hate the crash I get once I'm done shoving food down my throat. But it still doesn't stop me from doing it all over again the next time lol. I need something else to focus on, if I had a GF i would try not be such a slob.. but i have nothing to look forward to that will stop me. ha
post #16 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
I hate gyms too, I want to ask the people who work there when the place is the most empty.. but i get nervous to ask that lol.

YES, i feel like that too. I hate the crash I get once I'm done shoving food down my throat. But it still doesn't stop me from doing it all over again the next time lol. I need something else to focus on, if I had a GF i would try not be such a slob.. but i have nothing to look forward to that will stop me. ha

Sometimes the gyms have some memberships were you can come only during a certain time and from what I gather it's during those hours it's less people there. It all depends on how popular the gym are though.

The advice I have about the gf is to not think so much that a gf would make everything ok. I don't want to be depressing I'm just giving advice from experience. It may put a lot of pressure on the gf and if you were to break up you would be back in the old pattern since she was the reason you "cleaned" up.
post #17 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 08:31 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Sometimes the gyms have some memberships were you can come only during a certain time and from what I gather it's during those hours it's less people there. It all depends on how popular the gym are though.

The advice I have about the gf is to not think so much that a gf would make everything ok. I don't want to be depressing I'm just giving advice from experience. It may put a lot of pressure on the gf and if you were to break up you would be back in the old pattern since she was the reason you "cleaned" up.

The gym I pay to go to is Bally Total Fitness, so kinda popular. I remember I once was driving there and I saw too many cars in the parking lot so I left haha.

Well, the whole having a gf thing is a different problem in its own since I never had nor do I know how to have one or keep one. I'm so used to being this mess that I don't know anything else.

But yeah, I do know what you mean. If I had someone to love and it ended, i would go back to my old habits or much worst. My friend was fat, but got skinny and he tells me that he does everything for his current gf. So that means staying in shape and doing his best not to be a failure.
post #18 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
The gym I pay to go to is Bally Total Fitness, so kinda popular. I remember I once was driving there and I saw too many cars in the parking lot so I left haha.

Well, the whole having a gf thing is a different problem in its own since I never had nor do I know how to have one or keep one. I'm so used to being this mess that I don't know anything else.

But yeah, I do know what you mean. If I had someone to love and it ended, i would go back to my old habits or much worst. My friend was fat, but got skinny and he tells me that he does everything for his current gf. So that means staying in shape and doing his best not to be a failure.
I'd say a key to having a gf or even a friend and keeping it is to be confident in who you are not sacrifice to much off yourself because of someone else. Though that's so much easier said then done. :/ Is it ok if I ask how old you are?
post #19 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 08:58 PM
d93
User Requested Permanent Ban

I've been feeling lonely the last few weeks. And...I still feel the same. I just stay on these forums. And talk to my friends on here.
post #20 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Awesome

Distract myself somehow. Do something that involves my brain, like chess or reading.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page