What annoys you about the people you're cohabiting with? - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 06:31 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by either/or View Post
I live alone but my upstairs neighbor is the loudest most annoying human entity I've ever met. I can hear EVERYTHING she does or says.

She talks on the phone all day and when I say talk I mean shouts. I hear all her stupid inane conversations and have to listen to all her over the top crazy-person laughing fits.

And she doesn't just talk on the phone, she talks to herself. I hear her out in the hallway having these stupid conversations with herself. Like when she gets her mail and goes through it she like narrates the whole process. To no one. It's so weird. And because our building is so small and units so close together I hear all of her insanity.

Then there are the constant crashes and bashes and slams. The ones in the bedroom at midnight are my favorite : | She lives alone, what is she doing up there? Constantly rearranging her furniture? I mean there's no one to sumo wrestle with. Why is she constantly dropping and slamming things up there? God only knows.

And the worst I mean THE WORST is when she blasts her Bette Midler music and sings along with it. Serenity now!

Never a moment of peace and quiet.
lmfao you should pretend she intended for you to hear all those things and offer your input sometime. for example, 'oh hey i HEAR that furniture seems to be giving you some trouble; want some help?' or 'oh god i agree crystal was totally offbase with those comments she made about lizzy's weight yesterday; i feel you' and 'why is ryan so obsessed with you that he's sending you mail you need to change your address' and BAM problem solved. and bonus points if you speak these comments through your ceiling lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 09:41 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Ever since my dad's hospital stay, he has been sleeping in the dining room on an inflatable mattress. Which, you know? Fine. If he can sleep better in there, whatever. But it annoys me because it's not absolutely necessary (if they absolutely cannot sleep in the same bed they could get two beds for their room but they won't do it because why would you do anything that makes sense when you can do it all bass ackwards?).

So, he sleeps in there now and that's just how it is and he turns all the lights off and I feel like I'm disturbing him if I even leave my room. Nevermind the fact that the whole house is so dark I can't see a damn thing without turning on a light. If I so much as tiptoe in there I can hear him stirring. Opening the refrigerator lights up the whole damn place and wakes him up every time. This aspect of it just annoys the crap out of me because I often sleep in the daytime and I'm usually up at night. I just am. I used to be able to get in there and clean and wash the dishes and mop and do other things that needed to be done and do my laundry and cook. Now if I don't do everything that needs to be done while he's awake (and he's ALWAYS in the kitchen or the laundry room when he's awake) it doesn't get done.

So there used to be a light over the stove that was always on no matter what. So if you went in there and (oh, I dunno) there happened to be a cabinet door someone left open (because who closes cabinet doors?) you would see it and not SLAM YOUR HEAD INTO IT FULL FORCE!!!. Well, this has been something that has not been a problem for so many years that people just leave cabinet doors open in dark rooms and leave the trash can sitting by the sink in dark rooms and other people are going to go sneaking around in there trying to not wake him up and SLAM THEIR HEAD INTO IT FULL FORCE!!! or trip over the freakin garbage and die.

This is like the 3rd time this week I have gone in there and ran right into something. If I did not have cat balance when I ran into the garbage can I would have probably fallen and broken my neck. My parents are not going to be so lucky if they run into something because they're old and clumsy and have bad balance.

/WYSD
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 09:54 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Another aspect of him sleeping in there that's backwards and irritating is that one night when he fell in the hallway, I knew as soon as I opened my door that something had happened because I COULD ACTUALLY SEE HIM. If he falls in there somewhere in the dark you could walk right past him and not even know he's there. It's that damn dark in there. And you cannot tell them a damn thing. You tell them and they acknowledge it but it never registers and they just go on doing the same damn things like you never said it.

/WYSD

post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-26-2020, 11:35 AM
I am Jack's cold sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
@either/or - If you're renting, you should start writing letters to the management. The only reason I haven't said anything to anyone about the noise above me is my parents own the condo and I do not want to get anything started with people I might have to put up with for years.

When we were renting we had some really rotten neighbors above us and I finally started writing letters. The way I sold it to the management was that we were quiet people who never caused any trouble and we had been there for years and we were going to move out if they didn't make them leave. It took 3 letters over the space of like 6 months but it worked. The management didn't know I was bluffing (My parents knew nothing about the letters).
I'd follow your advice if I lived in a big corporate owned building and I could just shoot off an email to the building manager or something but unfortunately this particular tenant and the landlord who owns the building are buddy buddy. The woman's been in the building for years and I guess knows the landlord real well.

And also, as annoying as she is, she's also basically a nice person. I mean she's super nice to me when we talk. Once she offered to help me when my car died out in front of the building. So she's not a jerk to me personally. She's just SO annoying and makes so much noise. But I don't want to move because the rent here is super cheap relative to similar apartments in my area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafune View Post
lmfao you should pretend she intended for you to hear all those things and offer your input sometime. for example, 'oh hey i HEAR that furniture seems to be giving you some trouble; want some help?' or 'oh god i agree crystal was totally offbase with those comments she made about lizzy's weight yesterday; i feel you' and 'why is ryan so obsessed with you that he's sending you mail you need to change your address' and BAM problem solved. and bonus points if you speak these comments through your ceiling lol
haha, trust me, if I wasn't an anxious avoidant mess I'd have done all of that a long time ago. She actually texted me once to apologize when something crashed super loud at like 1 AM and I wanted text back "how's roller derby practice going tonight AT 1 FREAKING AM?? but instead was like "no worries I wasn't asleep anyway." FML

I've been out haunting the neighborhood
And everybody can see I'm no good
When I'm walking out between parked cars
With my head full of stars
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
Again, it's always me that has to do all the housework. The laundry hamper overflowed so he just dumped his clothes on the floor outside the bathroom. I had to pick them up as part of a 3 load laundry day. The garbage is overflowing, the sink is overflowing, and he isn't even searching for work and just spending his time on games all day - for the past 9 months already!!!
post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 08:51 PM
Born Of Blotmonaū

Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
My Mood: Cynical

What annoys you about the people you're cohabiting with?

My bro has this idea that heís gonna teach me to be like him...but I donít care about learning to cook like a chef or trying to start a business or whatever other lessons he thinks I need & that he can force on me. Heís my bro but we are very different people & itís especially annoying when heís currently behind on his share of the bills

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page