Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Frustration (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f35/)
-   -   walmart cashier (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f35/walmart-cashier-1602241/)

niro250 09-20-2015 06:35 PM

walmart cashier

I dont know if its due to my social anxiety. I tried to buy something at walmart, came up to this cashier, who made me feel uncomfortable. I swiped my walmart card credit card, it declined.

They told me if i have another card. I told them whats the problem. They told me they dont know, you should call them. Your walmart, how could you not know, in my head. I was frustrated, the cashier wasn't even paying attention to me, talking to some other cashier. I was like who hired you cause you been ignoring your customers the whole time, in my head. I told them the card is working i just used it to pay something else in a different store, how could it not work, i think there is something wrong with the card swipe.

They said there is nothing wrong with the card swipe. I looked at the people waiting, i felt the whole world against me cause they were waiting impatiently. I shopped at walmart so many times, yet i felt this way. I gave cash and just quickly left the stupid future, closing down store. After that, i constantly thought about it, i was angry with myself, should have said more and done more, because of my SA, i ponder about it in my head. I felt like **** cause it was difficult for me to express myself in that position. When i think about my future, it makes me even more anxious, how many times do i have to put up with peoples crap, without expressing myself. I never had a voice, always been that guy who is stepped on and taken advantage of, making my SA worse. I ponder further ponders about these things. Its a vicious cycle, i wish i can stop.

skys 09-20-2015 06:40 PM

I was the third person in line, I thought you looked pretty hot.

Imbored21 09-20-2015 09:50 PM

The cashier has no idea why your card didn't work. Why would they?? Just cause they work there doesn't mean they know anything past scanning in items. I'm sure they would help you if they could. It's just, they can't.

feels 09-20-2015 09:59 PM

Yeah, the cashier isn't going to know squat about your card. I've been on that end of it and customers get frustrated with you when you can literally do nothing about it besides maybe try to put the card number in manually or have you try to swipe it once more (which usually doesn't do **** but it shows the customer you tried).

But, anyway, I think anyone in your position would feel pressure from all those eyes on them. You shouldn't beat yourself up about it. All you can really do is give them a new form of payment, call your bank and see what the deal is, or leave. But please don't get an attitude with the cashier :3 It sounds like they could have been more accommodating but there really isn't much they can do.

niro250 09-21-2015 10:56 AM

there is no problem with the card, i called they said there is no problem. I used to purchase lot with the card. When i used it particularly at walmart it didnt work. Should have seen the cashier face, while i was waiting in line, she looked like she didnt' want to work there. She was literally avoiding the customers and talking to the other cashiers. She asked me if it was debit or credit while i had my walmart card in her face, couldnt tell this is a walmart credit card, huh? I think she thought it was debit card thats what i heard from her, she typed some ****, so it didnt work. With inexperienced workers like that, walmart is going to close down, store is literally empty.

caelle 09-21-2015 11:38 AM

If I were in that situation I would ask them if I could try to swipe again, if it didn't work, I'd deal with it and give them cash if I had it.

I mean what more did you want to express to them? Did you want to be rude and tell them to learn to do their job?

I'm really not seeing the problem here. I think you need to chill out honestly.

Sdistant 09-21-2015 01:46 PM

It's not the cashier's job to judge you. Most people will have forgotten about this by now. We all make mistakes. Don't worry about it. You can't change the past and it wasn't your fault.

LadyApathy 09-21-2015 05:11 PM

I'm a cashier and I hate when customers expect us to know what's wrong with their cards. All we do is scan items among other tedious tasks.... But I do agree that she should have at least let you swipe it a couple more times cuz sometimes it's the machines that doesn't work and not the cards.

niro250 09-21-2015 06:13 PM

The problem really isn't the card swipe, its the way they handle it. They are suppose to concentrate on there customers not talk gibberish with other cashiers while they have people waiting in line for such a long time. Maybe they should finish the line, there is like five people waiting, then talk, so much faster. Yep i paid in cash, when you give them the cash, and there talking to the other cashiers, literally ignoring me, of course i would tell them to do their job. They are not fit for their job, simple as that.

Penguinfan 09-21-2015 06:19 PM

Were talking about Walmart here. I've had some bad customer service experiences there. They don't care sometimes.

bruised 09-21-2015 09:56 PM

Maybe this situation will allow you to stand your ground. Btw you should sharpen your grammar.
Posted via Mobile Device

PainisLove 09-21-2015 09:59 PM

So this is what happens, credit card readers get worn down with all of the high traffic coming through there so your cc won't work sometimes. Next time this happens say i dont know whats going on with your card reader do you have a trick with a plastic bag or can i punch my numbers in manually?