Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Frustration (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f35/)
-   -   UPS package stolen (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f35/ups-package-stolen-2225179/)

copper 07-03-2019 12:41 PM

UPS package stolen

First time this has happen. Package from amazon was suppose to come yesterday and it didn't. Then today it said it was delivered today 30 minutes ago. Well no package. Just the one package that has my dad's oil filter for his tractor. Luckily, they didn't take the oil filter. Meth, Herion, and cocaine use have exploded up here. So some Meth head probably took the package. Have to start having any packages delivered to my workplace. It was nice for 23 years here but now it is just like back home full of drug heads.

KILOBRAVO 07-03-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by copper (Post 1093756413)
First time this has happen. Package from amazon was suppose to come yesterday and it didn't. Then today it said it was delivered today 30 minutes ago. Well no package. Just the one package that has my dad's oil filter for his tractor. Luckily, they didn't take the oil filter. Meth, Herion, and cocaine use have exploded up here. So some Meth head probably took the package. Have to start having any packages delivered to my workplace. It was nice for 23 years here but now it is just like back home full of drug heads.

was it delivered when you weren't home and they left the box on the doorstep and someone stole it? if it needed a signature, some delivery men will just scribble something of their own signature on it because they can't be arsed having to redeliver something if you weren't in or even didn't hear the door begin knocked and just leave the parcel.

once, someone left a package here on the doorstep and some junkie walking past on the street tried to steal it. by amazing luck, the next-door neighbor was out in his garden in the front and saw him jump the fence and take it. he confronted the junkie and the junkie said it was for the wrong street and it was for another street with the same house number. [how devious was that to come up with a half-plausible excuse when suddenly/unexpectedly confronted?]

the next door neighbor quick thinking said he'd take the parcel to that person as he "knew them". later on, he handed in the parcel to us and told us what had happened.

copper 07-03-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILOBRAVO (Post 1093756423)
was it delivered when you weren't home and they left the box on the doorstep and someone stole it? if it needed a signature, some delivery men will just scribble something of their own signature on it because they can't be arsed having to redeliver something if you weren't in or even didn't hear the door begin knocked and just leave the parcel.

I was home but taking a nap. Just looked out to see a small box outside my basement door which was the oil filter. But when I checked amazon it said their package was delivered. The times are the same for delivery on both. Luckily, they didn't take the small package which contains the oil filter for my dad's Kioti tractor. UPS leaves packages all of the time either on my front enclosed porch or in the cubby hole in front of my basement door. Going now to have packages delivered to my workplace for now on.

KILOBRAVO 07-03-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by copper (Post 1093756435)
I was home but taking a nap. Just looked out to see a small box outside my basement door which was the oil filter. But when I checked amazon it said their package was delivered. The times are the same for delivery on both. Luckily, they didn't take the small package which contains the oil filter for my dad's Kioti tractor. UPS leaves packages all of the time either on my front enclosed porch or in the cubby hole in front of my basement door. Going now to have packages delivered to my workplace for now on.

so what will happen to the missing package?

cant you just say that you have not gotten the missing package? it would be hard to prove that you haven't received it, tho.

they might not send a replacement/refund becasue they might think you are pretending in the hope they send another one to you and now you've got two having only paid for one, or you have the thing for free if they send the refund.

ugh. maybe even the delivery guy stole it. maybe its not stolen. maybe there has been an admin error and it's still in the guys van. have you contacted teh delivery company/vendor?

iminnocentenough 07-07-2019 02:04 PM

damn that's a shame mate. This kinda thing has become all too common in the age of Amazon. I'm just happy I live in the country with good watchful neighbors.

copper 07-08-2019 12:46 PM

Package showed up on my deck today. I don't know if UPS brought it or if it got dropped off the wrong address and they brought it here? The UPS driver put in his device it was delivered last Wednesday.

WillYouStopDave 07-08-2019 12:50 PM

I have had Amazon's tracking thing tell me my package was delivered when in reality it was somehow in limbo at the post office and it ended up getting delivered another day. I said it was delivered but then the next day it said "There was a problem with your package and we don't know what the hell is going on" (Basically LOL)

nubly 07-09-2019 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by copper (Post 1093759859)
Package showed up on my deck today. I don't know if UPS brought it or if it got dropped off the wrong address and they brought it here? The UPS driver put in his device it was delivered last Wednesday.

I've had someone else's packages dropped off to my house and just put it on their porch. That's probably what happened here.

chrisinmd 07-09-2019 08:31 AM

I had a friend who worked as a UPS driver. He said people follow the UPS van around and steal packages from peoples doorstep. Not uncommon unfortunately. Had it happed to me once a few years ago. Contact UPS or the business you bought from and you should get your money back or they will re ship the product to you.

I think you can make hem require your signature when they drop off packages from now on so that may be an option for you

copper 07-09-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisinmd (Post 1093760387)
I had a friend who worked as a UPS driver. He said people follow the UPS van around and steal packages from peoples doorstep. Not uncommon unfortunately. Had it happed to me once a few years ago. Contact UPS or the business you bought from and you should get your money back or they will re ship the product to you.

I think you can make hem require your signature when they drop off packages from now on so that may be an option for you

Luckily, it wasn't stolen. It was sitting on my deck when I got home yesterday. Either the driver just put in his device it was delivered because he didn't want to go back to the place to get it since the 4th of July was the next day and was going off for vacation, or it got delivered to the wrong address and the people just dropped it off at my house when they could. Packages have got stolen before around here esp before Christmas.