Too Scared to Talk to Girls..... - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Shinobi1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alaska
Gender: Male
Age: 30
Posts: 818
My Mood: Breezy

Too Scared to Talk to Girls.....


All I want in life is a girlfriend. A nice HOT looking girlfriend who likes anime and cosplays as cute anime girls....I have this obsession with attractive girls on Deviantart who do cosplay. I message them to try and hook up, but they think I'm a creep. Now if I fail at trying to pursue them online, then it is most certainly not going to work in real life.

My main problem is I'm too d*mn scared to talk to girls in real life. It would be the biggest accomplishment in my life if I were to walk up to some random girl and get her number, even if I were rejected. In the past few months, I've had this raging urge to pursue a female, get her number, and eventually make love.

It wouldn't even work out anyways, because girls aren't attracted to socially awkward weirdos. Girls (HOT girls) want a confident Alpha male who can take command.

tl;dr : I'm a virgin, who's never asked a girl out. All I want a HOT girlfriend who likes anime and cosplays as cute anime girls. (I'm getting suicidal over not having this)
Shinobi1001 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 02:18 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 781
My Mood: Lurking
What happened with the girl you posted about recently?
peace_love is offline  
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Shinobi1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alaska
Gender: Male
Age: 30
Posts: 818
My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace_love View Post
What happened with the girl you posted about recently?
She was taken................ She was flirting with me even though she had a boyfriend. Coincidentally, her boyfriend was at Gamestop at the same time I was going to ask her out....So I never did ask her out.
Shinobi1001 is offline  
 
post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 02:24 PM
I am average!
 
Ominous Indeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Age: 26
Posts: 3,969
I challenge you to ask a girl for her number tomorrow.
Ominous Indeed is offline  
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 02:31 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 781
My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedout View Post
I challenge you to ask a girl for her number tomorrow.
I second this challenge!!
peace_love is offline  
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Shinobi1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alaska
Gender: Male
Age: 30
Posts: 818
My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedout View Post
I challenge you to ask a girl for her number tomorrow.
I was going to try today...the university is the only place I can find girls in my tiny town, but I would look like an idiot if I did try. I would tense up and my hands would start shaking...much like the job interview I recently had. Have you met any girls who like anime? Cause I don't know ANY girls who do.
Shinobi1001 is offline  
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 02:32 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 781
My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi1001 View Post
I was going to try today...the university is the only place I can find girls in my tiny town, but I would look like an idiot if I did try. I would tense up and my hands would start shaking...much like the job interview I recently had. Have you met any girls who like anime? Cause I don't know ANY girls who do.
Yeah, I used to work with a girl who did (like cosplay). I've never met anyone else since then though.
peace_love is offline  
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Thinking...
 
Euthymia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 573
My Mood: Pensive
I find it easier to talk to girls with nonchalance. You should try it.
Euthymia is offline  
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 02:36 PM
I am average!
 
Ominous Indeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Age: 26
Posts: 3,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi1001 View Post
I was going to try today...the university is the only place I can find girls in my tiny town, but I would look like an idiot if I did try. I would tense up and my hands would start shaking...much like the job interview I recently had. Have you met any girls who like anime? Cause I don't know ANY girls who do.
Yes. Join up on anime-websites, and/or go to anime-conventions.

Every accomplishment starts with one decision to try. Do it once tomorrow, and it will be easier the next time I promise.
Ominous Indeed is offline  
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 02:45 PM
SAS Member
 
Kill Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 14
Dude, please, don't even think about killing yourself over a woman. If you want a girlfriend interested in cosplay and anime, you have to go and get her. If you hadn't already, try some online dating. Websites like OkCupid have plenty of women interested in things like cosplay and anime. Send them some messages and if they like you, they should respond. See where it goes from there. Unlike DeviantArt, the users there actually signed up looking for partners, so they shouldn't think you're a creep for messaging them. As for approaching women offline, you have to turn off that fear. Why do women frighten you so much? They won't bite or anything. Some might reject you, but it happens. That's pretty much the worst that can happen, which really isn't that big of a deal. Women aren't going to murder you just for approaching them or anything. If one girl rejects you, move on to the next one. You're better off going to anime conventions near your area to meet the type of women offline that you're into. If that doesn't work, you're better off getting a woman that you can convince to become an anime fan.
Kill Will is offline  
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Shinobi1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alaska
Gender: Male
Age: 30
Posts: 818
My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedout View Post
Yes. Join up on anime-websites, and/or go to anime-conventions.

Every accomplishment starts with one decision to try. Do it once tomorrow, and it will be easier the next time I promise.
I don't know any anime dating websites The closest convention possible would be around 600 miles south of my small secluded town. Have you ever asked a girl out? If so, how did you fair with your SA?
Shinobi1001 is offline  
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Shinobi1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alaska
Gender: Male
Age: 30
Posts: 818
My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill Will View Post
Dude, please, don't even think about killing yourself over a woman. If you want a girlfriend interested in cosplay and anime, you have to go and get her. If you hadn't already, try some online dating. Websites like OkCupid have plenty of women interested in things like cosplay and anime. Send them some messages and if they like you, they should respond. See where it goes from there. Unlike DeviantArt, the users there actually signed up looking for partners, so they shouldn't think you're a creep for messaging them. As for approaching women offline, you have to turn off that fear. Why do women frighten you so much? They won't bite or anything. Some might reject you, but it happens. That's pretty much the worst that can happen, which really isn't that big of a deal. Women aren't going to murder you just for approaching them or anything. If one girl rejects you, move on to the next one. You're better off going to anime conventions near your area to meet the type of women offline that you're into. If that doesn't work, you're better off getting a woman that you can convince to become an anime fan.
OkCupid...I haven't tried that one, I'll sign up. Women are are a scary species because as a man, you are judged either worthy of their love or not worthy...rejection is my biggest fear in life. Going up to some random girl to get her number wouldn't work because I would come off as an awkward creep. I could try but I just know I would get rejected....SA is a killer
Shinobi1001 is offline  
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 03:46 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: United States (New England)
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedout View Post
I challenge you to ask a girl for her number tomorrow.
And if he gets rejected? Self-esteem bust and maybe depression.

Seriously, **** like that is way too risky and the negative effects are too great. I feel like some users on here just don't understand/forget how ****ing horrible it is to be rejected.

As for the OP....let's be honest here. The chances of any of us finding a hot, nice, geeky/nerdy gamer girl who's into anime and cosplaying who, at the same time, will date us, is less than one percent.

We're all better off just not dating and perusing a life of absolute solitude. If you really need that attention of a female that badly, there's always visual novels/dating sims/porn galore.
iCod is offline  
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 03:54 PM
I am average!
 
Ominous Indeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Age: 26
Posts: 3,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCod View Post
And if he gets rejected? Self-esteem bust and maybe depression.

Seriously, **** like that is way too risky and the negative effects are too great. I feel like some users on here just don't understand/forget how ****ing horrible it is to be rejected.
If he gets rejected he gets rejected. He only has 2 choices. He can do nothing like he has been doing. Obviously he isn't happy right now. He wants a girlfriend.

Or, he can act on it.

So he can be gauranteed sadness by not trying, ot he can at least attempt.
Ominous Indeed is offline  
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 03:54 PM
SAS Member
 
Kill Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi1001 View Post
OkCupid...I haven't tried that one, I'll sign up. Women are are a scary species because as a man, you are judged either worthy of their love or not worthy...rejection is my biggest fear in life. Going up to some random girl to get her number wouldn't work because I would come off as an awkward creep. I could try but I just know I would get rejected....SA is a killer
Dude, rejection is nothing to fear. It happens. If you ever do get rejected, you still have your life and your health. I've been rejected many times and it doesn't bother me. People in general are a judgmental species in many regards, not just love either. When you approach a woman, just greet her and ask how she's doing. That's basic way to start a conversation. You wouldn't come off as a creep for doing that. The goal is to start a conversation with her and make sure she enjoys it. It's good to talk about interests and hobbies. If you need help man, just talk to me here any time.
Kill Will is offline  
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 03:55 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,644
seems like a bad idea to randomly ask a girl for her number. I don't know what you guys are thinking. That's mad awkward. Cold approaching only works if you're super attractive or socially dominant. It's unnatural for guys with SA.
Twelve Keyz is offline  
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: United States (New England)
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelve Keyz View Post
seems like a bad idea to randomly ask a girl for her number. I don't know what you guys are thinking. That's mad awkward. Cold approaching only works if you're super attractive or socially dominant. It's unnatural for guys with SA.
Thaaaank you.
You need the social skills and looks of a model in order for a scenario like that to actually work out.
iCod is offline  
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Shinobi1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alaska
Gender: Male
Age: 30
Posts: 818
My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill Will View Post
Dude, rejection is nothing to fear. It happens. If you ever do get rejected, you still have your life and your health. I've been rejected many times and it doesn't bother me. People in general are a judgmental species in many regards, not just love either. When you approach a woman, just greet her and ask how she's doing. That's basic way to start a conversation. You wouldn't come off as a creep for doing that. The goal is to start a conversation with her and make sure she enjoys it. It's good to talk about interests and hobbies. If you need help man, just talk to me here any time.
Appreciate your help, it always good to get everyones perspective.

Im now starting to realize that living in a small town is a big disadvantage for online dating There just arent enough girls. Also, the girls on their profiles have personalities saying they are all outgoing and either hunt/snowboard in their spare time. No mention of anime I guess that's how Alaska is, maybe I should move.

Girls, I mean hot girls are so scary to talk to...I never did develop social skills growing up, so I am a severe disadvantage for trying to sound interesting to a hot girl. They would quickly realize that my first impression was all fake, I never have anything interesting to talk about. I still don't even have friends, my coworkers think im some creep
Shinobi1001 is offline  
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Shinobi1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alaska
Gender: Male
Age: 30
Posts: 818
My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelve Keyz View Post
seems like a bad idea to randomly ask a girl for her number. I don't know what you guys are thinking. That's mad awkward. Cold approaching only works if you're super attractive or socially dominant. It's unnatural for guys with SA.
Ah, I kind of agree I dont know how I would meet a girl then. approaching them is basically the only way. if I don't do that, then should i just try to find a hooker to have as a girlfriend?

Or actually maybe I can tell a random girl that i will pay her to be my girlfriend. Has anyone ever tried this?
Shinobi1001 is offline  
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 05:51 PM
Socializing with myself
 
EmotionlessThug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, Westbury
Language: Created my own language for context
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Posts: 4,878
I feel awkward talking to them, but females just randomly approach me in the Public.

Telepathic Transmission?

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers governing citizens 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA Software Engineers & NASA computationally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events. Getting away with airplane crashes, accidents, diseases, homelessness, and suicides.
EmotionlessThug is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Don't know how to talk to anyone anymore Madstuh Coping With Social Anxiety 4 12-20-2015 01:37 PM
Scared to talk to anyone.. feel like a creep. heliotoad Frustration 2 10-02-2015 12:26 AM
Anyone else find it easier to talk to girls than guys? 2Milk Frustration 39 09-08-2015 01:21 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome