Toddler advice needed. - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 03:31 PM

I had to edit, too, because I felt so bad for making you feel bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Bon
Walking in the light

This is the subject at hand;-)))) This could be the "Kid" picture posting section;-))) She's developing my style;-))

Mental illness is what some have, not who they are.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:17 PM
SAS Member

Awww, she is so adorable!

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 05:11 PM
You can do this!

My Mood: Cheerful
Oh goodness! That little cutie is less than perfect - nuh-uh I don't believe you! ;-)

I am no expert, but make sure you have clear, consistent consequences for misbehaving. Be sure she knows what those are too. Don't threaten the consequence, just remind her of the rules. Then if/when she does decides to continue misbehaving, not picking up her things or whatever, *immediately* follow with that consequence no questions asked. I ignore protestations to the contrary too. Since everyone is different I'm not sure what she would respond to but it's common to withhold a reward of some kind (like an afternoon popsicle this time of year) or have a time out. You know the drill. Sorry if that's all trite, just is what I thought of.

My favorite student is still a 3rd grader I worked with who had severe ADHD and emotional issues. He was such a sweet kid, really, but couldn't regulate his emotions or his focus very well. Sort of a tangent, I guess. Oh well I really like kids, I am always so surprised how charming they can be when they don't have snot running down their nose.

Medication-related posts are for brainstorming purposes only. Talk to your doctor.

My meds: Parnate, Lamictal, Wellbutrin, trazodone
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Bon
Walking in the light

You work with kids Chris;-) Wasn't trite at all;-) and, may I remind you, Mr frog, that you're not suppose to have favorites;-))))

post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 06:27 PM
"Semi-retired" SAS Member

Cute kid! As you know my son is about the same age. I sorta hope my next kid is a girl--my son says he wants a baby sister, too. Well, son or daughter, I will love them exactly the same-- I know I have no control over that. I had imagined my first child being a girl, but we had all-boy A.J., and I couldn't imagine it being any other way.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Bon
Walking in the light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesofmaine
Cute kid! As you know my son is about the same age. I sorta hope my next kid is a girl--my son says he wants a baby sister, too. (Well, son or daughter, I will love them exactly the same-- I know I have no control over that.)
Post a picture of him, that is if you're comfortable, I usually post of Hannah, then take it down;-)

Are you planning on having a second one soon????? Think of the Love you have for your son.......How do we top that? Oh, I know we would love them equally, it just seems your heart would explode;-) My Mom says the same thing, you love them the same (I think, she could be lying, she likes my brother best LOL LOL). If I could, I would have 10 kids;-D Hannah was my miracle child. I have to learn to be grateful (and I am) for what I have;-)

post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 06:38 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by realspark
may I remind you, Mr frog, that you're not suppose to have favorites;-))))
Yeah, what's that all about, Chris

Oh yeah, I had a favorite client last term, too.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page