This is Hell. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2020, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Veridis quo

My Mood: Crappy

This is Hell.

oh boy, now I truly understand what it feels like to be in hell. Being empty, cold, broken, feeling that you look like weird and boring in other's eyes. feeling that they recognise you being anxious in social situations. Eye contact becoming extremely hard and you have illusion that everyone is judging you. All this **** had ''happy ending'' - panic attack.

Now you tell me, can hell be worse than this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2020, 10:52 AM
UnDeRrAtED

Language: SPanish and English fluently
mental disorders are not something to be taken lightly. What bothers me is ignorance and more ignorance that people dont understand the torture, pain, suffering, and other unfortunate life events. I feel even psych meds are useless. Maybe i havent taken the MAOIS like Nardil and Parnate but I wish I could get the help I need. Im on worry mode 24/7 that I hypoventilate during the day and sleep. So im already hooked up to oxygen tank at night. Though ive had breathing problems since way back that kind of festers with mental health.

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence and than success is sure," Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2020, 11:34 AM
England

When u adopt the I don't give a fuc-k what ppl think mentality it gets easier and u become less anxious

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2020, 03:53 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davit Giladze View Post
oh boy, now I truly understand what it feels like to be in hell. Being empty, cold, broken, feeling that you look like weird and boring in other's eyes. feeling that they recognise you being anxious in social situations. Eye contact becoming extremely hard and you have illusion that everyone is judging you. All this **** had ''happy ending'' - panic attack.

Now you tell me, can hell be worse than this?
Sounds just like me. A lot of people say we choose the way our lives play out in advance before we are even born. If that's true I wonder why I chose to live a life of suffering. I can't even remember the last time I was genuinely happy and it's all because social anxiety is forcing me to live in isolation.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2020, 08:52 PM
bipolar

If your anxiety is making your life pure hell I would try medication. I know it's not for everyone - and they can have repercussions (I'm a very good example of that) - but it's better than living in isolation and not doing anything with your life.

Nardil seems to be popular on here, although I've never tried it. Benzos usually work - but you develop a tolerance and they can cause problems of their own - anterograde amnesia, fatigue, to name a few. Also some of the SSRI's can help.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2020, 02:00 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Angelic
In general life is hell, you have to pretend to ignore that though, drugs help, hence there popularity, it's a bad sign when most people have to live there lives doped up on something to make it half bearable.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2020, 03:35 AM
Pesky Pessimist

Quote:
feeling that they recognise you being anxious in social situations.

Starting to feel like people aren't that great at recognizing this from others as many think in most cases. Of course SA interferes with that logic. Most people I come across disliking me feeling. Know that too well.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page