Things that need be said - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
RespectNature

Things that need be said

It is said, that some things are better left unsaid.Yet it is also said, that the truth will always come out."There are three things which cannot be hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth".
I've wrapped my mind around how exactly I should start this entry.Through my imagination crossed polite sentences of apologies, clearing of misunderstandings; it went to heavy use of caps locks, swear words and raging "against the machine" that is this "online socializing platform".What is it really?It is people gathering from behind their computers, tablets, mobile phones in a network that works as if it'd be organised.Like a machine.You see it everywhere on the internet.You have the nice fellows, who are trying too be helpful and kind.You have the people pleasers.You have the tough speaking fellas who appear to be arrogant but it is their way of attempting to help.You have the many types of users.The "trolls"-those who probably feel encouraged by their internet anonymity to lash out all their inner kept frustrations at someone.And then you have the attention seekers.Those who take advantage of the diverse opportunities that may arise on social networks, to draw attention upon themselves, because it is the only way they can think of to deal with their personal issues.(To note.I did lash out at a couple of people here.But it was purely self defense.I take responsibility for that and I apologize).I know, it is the same everywhere, this is the internet.
And this is where the "things that need be said" subject of this thread, starts.I will not be raged nor I will use swear words.I will try to be as polite and civilized as possible.
Today, upon witnessing harsh words, "who-is-who/who-is-better-than-who" attitudes, commentaries that instead of being helpful, were clearly ad hominem attacks, straight out bullying, and upon witnessing threads such as "Why Islamophobia and not Americaphobia", all the outburst against muslims after the Paris attacks, it led me to open a thread, which is called "We're all hypocrites and attention seekers here".( http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...-here-1670433/ )
Thread in which I was expressing my opinion that people, rather than resorting to further deepen themselves into the sadness of suffering, should straighten up, shake off, and fight.To be responsible for their own lives and go find their happiness.
I was not expecting the thread to receive so many visits.Neither so many positive reviews as, I wasn't expecting my thread to be closed either.
Just to be clear.None of the comments made were in any way insulting or meant to belitle others.
I was overwhelmed.
Yet appaled.
Why is it, that a thread that engaged people in a challenging topic for conversation, got closed, and why are threads that put at risk the enjoyment of muslims, christians, atheists etc present on this forum, still open?
So is it okay for atheists to say christians are dogmatic, evil, or tat muslims are...well, I will not use such words.But it is not okay for someone to say "every time you think you have it bad, consider those who may have it worse than you".
It was not, in any way, meant to mock the sufference of anyone nor to belitle them.It was simply a way of saying, "you still have your life, your health, you have eyes to see, ears to hear, legs to walk and hands to grab.You are alive and well in many ways and that is something!" It is not supposed to nulify the struggle of those who suffer of SA, but rather it was supposed to help them see that they do have good things in their lives, that it is worth fighting for, and there is hope for them.
My apologies if my thread has bothered anyone.Maybe the moderator wishes to reconsider his decision and re-open the thread, for other people to be able to input their opinions, suggestions, or to vent.
I was not telling anyone they should feel in their rights or not to say they have SA.
I was simply stating, and more than half of the posters agreed, that it is more constructive to help oneself, to actively work toward betterment, rather than waiting around for someone else to do all the healing for them.
If this thread shall be closed too, then I better assume responsibility heads on and apologize for bothering.My intention was to discuss, to offer my point of views, not to in any way, I repeat, it was not my intention in any way to belitle, nulify or hurt anyone.
My sincere apologies.

"I respect the secrets and magic of nature.That's what makes me angry when I see these things that are happening in our world.
I love the planet.I really feel that nature is trying so hard to compensate for man's mismanagement of the planet.
Cause the planet is sick, like a fever.If we don't fix it now, it is at the point of no return.
Let's take care of the planet!"
-Michael Jackson

Last edited by JustALonelyHeart; 11-30-2015 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Adding link to another thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 05:24 PM
Chlorine and Wine

My Mood: Dead
You were the one spreading "who has it worse."

I don't give a **** what the others are blind to, either.

Here's to life, the vice
The great herald of misery
In this cup, spiritus frumenti
For this is the nectar of the spirit
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 05:30 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Twisted
paragraph plz

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 05:34 PM
I am average!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
paragraph plz
Things that needed to be said
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
RespectNature

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimized View Post
You were the one spreading "who has it worse."

I don't give a **** what the others are blind to, either.
And you know why I was spreading it.Since I specified and also apologized if anyones feelings got hurt by that.

"I respect the secrets and magic of nature.That's what makes me angry when I see these things that are happening in our world.
I love the planet.I really feel that nature is trying so hard to compensate for man's mismanagement of the planet.
Cause the planet is sick, like a fever.If we don't fix it now, it is at the point of no return.
-Michael Jackson
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 06:44 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angry
Why are you doing this? Stirring **** up.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
RespectNature

Quote:
Originally Posted by apx24 View Post
Why are you doing this? Stirring **** up.
Are you one of those who felt offended by the things said in my previous thread?My apologies.I'm not tryna stirr **** up but as far as I know, one has the right to freedom of speech and I spoke my mind.In a way more civilized manner than many veterans of this forum(I won't be falsely modest).And my thread got closed.
What you suggest I should do?

-Michael Jackson
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 06:50 PM
Hermit

My Mood: Cool
it's too late to be reading all of that

There are many paths to thetop of the mountain, but the view is always the same
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 06:52 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustALonelyHeart View Post
Are you one of those who felt offended by the things said in my previous thread?My apologies.I'm not tryna stirr **** up but as far as I know, one has the right to freedom of speech and I spoke my mind.In a way more civilized manner than many veterans of this forum(I won't be falsely modest).And my thread got closed.
What you suggest I should do?
Not breaking the who has it worse rule would be nice.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
RespectNature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikikomori2014 View Post
it's too late to be reading all of that
It's just almost 4am at least in my part of the world lol

-Michael Jackson
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
RespectNature

Quote:
Originally Posted by apx24 View Post
Not breaking the who has it worse rule would be nice.
Rules were made to be broken.

-Michael Jackson
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 06:54 PM
Hermit

My Mood: Cool
gotcha

Quote:
It's just almost 4am at least in my part of the world lol

There are many paths to thetop of the mountain, but the view is always the same
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 07:36 PM
Chlorine and Wine

My Mood: Dead
Quote:
And you know why I was spreading it.Since I specified and also apologized if anyones feelings got hurt by that.
No, because telling someone in my situation that they're alive and well doesn't accomplish anything. Technically I'm not alive or well, but that's beside the point. It's not constructive and doesn't offer hope.

That's the thing that most of the people on here don't understand. They aren't standing in my shoes. They can't. So they can never even be bothered to halfway understand why I'm frustrated. There are way too many blamers on this site... they're as bad as the people they complain about. Only worse, because they're so damn smug and you know they can never truly get it.

Here's to life, the vice
The great herald of misery
In this cup, spiritus frumenti
For this is the nectar of the spirit
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 07:40 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Rules were made to be broken.

The Mods here are pretty cool. That said, there are limits to what they'll tolerate and how long they'll tolerate it.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 07:41 PM
Nordision

My Mood: Lonely
You write too much, at least put a long pause betwen paragraphs it will not be so hard to read don't just throw a text there make it more easy for the eyes or no one will read.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
RespectNature

1.It is your choice if you want to keep crying in self pity and be depressed and see only the dark side of your life.But you are missing out on those good things you have because you chose to focus on the negative, and that is your responsibility, not anyone else's.
2.The mods may be or not be tolerating, or maybe they are just very subjective and they chose to tolerate thread topics they agree with and to close down those that personally offend them but you know what, that will not stop me from expressing my point of views.And they are not God.
3.I can write as much as I want.You don't like the text's length, don't bother to read.That is your choice and your responsibility, don't act as if my long text is at fault of your laziness

-Michael Jackson
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 07:56 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
2.The mods may be or not be tolerating, or maybe they are just very subjective and they chose to tolerate thread topics they agree with and to close down those that personally offend them but you know what, that will not stop me from expressing my point of views.And they are not God.

As far as post length goes, it is what it is. Some people have a lot on their mind and writing can serve as a release. You won't see me take issue with a post's length.

With regard to the rules, they honestly aren't that hard to follow. While nobody here is God, the Mods are entrusted to enforce the rules. At a certain point, and it's typically reasonable, continued rule-breaking will result in being shown the proverbial door.

You seem quite articulate. I'm not sure why you've chosen to go down the path that you're on.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
RespectNature

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorefog View Post
As far as post length goes, it is what it is. Some people have a lot on their mind and writing can serve as a release. You won't see me take issue with a post's length.

With regard to the rules, they honestly aren't that hard to follow. While nobody here is God, the Mods are entrusted to enforce the rules. At a certain point, and it's typically reasonable, continued rule-breaking will result in being shown the proverbial door.

You seem quite articulate. I'm not sure why you've chosen to go down the path that you're on.
I never broke the rules(FINE, I DID IT ONCE) but mostly I kept it friendly.But I have seen these past few days people breaking rules more than I could in a lifetime and their threads weren't closed, they weren't shown the proverbial door either.
What kind of path are you talking about by the way?

-Michael Jackson
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 08:10 PM
SAS Member

I didn't read your op as it's too long and probably very boring.

Have you ever thought about getting together with our little friend @Setolac and having babies?

I think you'd make a lovely couple.

Edit: seeing as he's so fond of children and is keen to start a family.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 08:25 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
I never broke the rules(FINE, I DID IT ONCE) but mostly I kept it friendly.But I have seen these past few days people breaking rules more than I could in a lifetime and their threads weren't closed, they weren't shown the proverbial door either.

What kind of path are you talking about by the way?

Like many other situations in life, it's best to focus on your own actions. You might not know what is going on behind the scenes. I'm not suggesting that life is always fair but things are usually reasonably enforced around here. The world isn't perfect and mistakes are made but such is life.

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Clearly, you know what's right and what's not-as-right. If you take the antagonistic tone out of --some-- of your comments, I'd agree with the premise of what you wrote. This really is a support forum and it helps to be mindful of such. There seems to be --some-- stirring of the pot going on.

I'm certain that you can anticipate the response to your writings from both the OP and your peers. Yet you choose to go down that path. I don't want to assume I know why and I'm not sure of the reasons for you doing do.

Just my opinion.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page