There's a baby shower today. I don't know if i want to go. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

There's a baby shower today. I don't know if i want to go.

There's a party at lunch in 2-3 hours from now in my aunt's house. This was an unexpected baby at first, btw. They already have three. Anyway, this is a coed baby shower party. Eh. I really don't like any large family gatherings because I'm not really close to any of them in the way I would like them and me to be. Also, there are also going to be lots of people. I seriously don't want spend a couple to few hours there not really talking to anyone. I don't think there's going to be anyone around my age over there. Perhaps my younger sis who is not really close close. It's probably the most torturous, cancerous situation I would never want to be in. I could tell my mom that I just don't want to go. She doesn't understand me as a person but respects me and my decisions.

Also, I feel and understand that my presence, or anyone's presence would make the hosts and celebrants feel special. The more the merrier, of course. Feeling more idiotic I forgot to buy a present even though I knew one week in advance. With me dropping all my classes this semester and staying indoors for most of that whole week, feels more incredulous of forgetting.

I'm also scared my mom might tell them that I just didn't want to go which makes it more pitiful.

There's a piano over in their house yet its a really crappy spinet whose tone sounds like something whining. Maybe I can brighten it up by going and playing pieces from my own repertoire and sightread baroque and soft romantic sheet music for everyone but that just provokes the crap out of me.

Eh. Forget it. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm clueless.
I'm just not going to go and that's final.

Gerard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Re: There's a baby shower today. I don't know if i want to go.

Eh. I'm annoyed at myself and annoyed at my mom. They just left, my dad and mom. My younger sis is already there. I heard them leaving. I told my mom, "You're going?" She said yeah and I told her to have fun. I didn't say about to greeting the celebrants and hosts, or anything which sucks. She then made a indirect comment encouraging me to go. I shouted at her saying, "OK Mom!" Then she and dad left. Now I have this annoying headache and heartache. I told her after she came back from helping teach Saturday Catholic students in her parish that I didn't want to go and that large groups of people make me feel uncomfortable. She had to say something like, you could stay in some room where you won't be bothered. I didn't like what I had to hear, telling her, "Mom!" I saw her face disappointed in me. I felt it and I also felt my anger.

Eh. I just want to forget the whole thing.

I'm still going to redeem myself by buying a late gift and card.

I hate this feeling right now. I hope it passes gently and ebbs away.

gerard
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 08:53 PM
SAS Member

When did men start going to baby showers. This use to be a woman thing. I was dragged to one by my office mate one year. It didn't bother me because I am a modern guy.

troll: man, we got a lot of snow
yooper: eh?
troll: three feet, man!
yooper: yah
troll: no school, man, it was sweet
yooper: you closed school for three feet of snow?!?!??!?
troll: you like excessive punctuation, don't you?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 07:10 AM

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 07:39 PM

No way, man. Dudes don't do baby showers. 2 kids, Zero baby showers attended by me.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Didn't I say it was a coed baby shower?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page