The Waiting Place/ Life Transitions - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Worried
Lightbulb

The Waiting Place/ Life Transitions

I'm not sure if i should move this thread, or how to use this site, I joined a few years ago and then kinda just forgot about it....

Anyways...are any of you in a transition in your life?
Not speaking gender wise per-say, just kinda like, if anyone has ever read Oh the Places You'll go by Dr. Suess, I'm talking about the Waiting Place.
You're just waiting and there's nothing you can do while your waiting.
This could be....maybe your waiting to do something, buy something, move somewhere. Waiting for paperwork to go through, or waiting on a reply from a job application. or a promised promotion.
Personally, i'm transferring to university this fall....and i'm just waiting. I'm finally able to see a psychologist and properly get diagnosed/treatment for my anxiety when i go. But it's in August....and its April right now.
And sometimes, when your in these waiting places, it seems, you only focus on what you will do when the waiting stops, you get anxious in the time in between and feel powerless to do anything, you make excuses that when the waiting stops that's when you'll finally do something

Anyways, is anyone in a period of transition in their life? Does anyone have a story of a life transition you've gone through? What was it like? Have you ever been in The Waiting Place?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:18 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat4799 View Post
I'm not sure if i should move this thread, or how to use this site, I joined a few years ago and then kinda just forgot about it....

Not speaking gender wise per-say, just kinda like, if anyone has ever read Oh the Places You'll go by Dr. Suess, I'm talking about the Waiting Place.
This could be....maybe your waiting to do something, buy something, move somewhere. Waiting for paperwork to go through, or waiting on a reply from a job application. or a promised promotion.
Personally, i'm transferring to university this fall....and i'm just waiting. I'm finally able to see a psychologist and properly get diagnosed/treatment for my anxiety when i go. But it's in August....and its April right now.
And sometimes, when your in these waiting places, it seems, you only focus on what you will do when the waiting stops, you get anxious in the time in between and feel powerless to do anything, you make excuses that when the waiting stops that's when you'll finally do something

Anyways, is anyone in a period of transition in their life? Does anyone have a story of a life transition you've gone through? What was it like? Have you ever been in The Waiting Place?
Yes, I definitely feel like I'm in a transition phase - a phase where I'm trying to get used to living on my own. I've hardly ever been alone my whole life - and I can't say I actually like it. It's very different to what I'm used to.

I guess my wife and I are also in transition now my son's left home - although that happened a few years ago really. So did my living alone - it takes a long time to get used to it, especially when you're used to having someone there to support you if you have mental health issues. Lucky we can still talk on the phone.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 07:07 PM

I guess I can say I'm in a transition in my life. My Family and I. A major one. I mention about it briefly here on SAS once in a blue moon. My family and I just moved from the State of Illinois {USA} during the summer of 2018 down to Georgia. BIG transition and change. An unfortunate one do to circumstances but everything happen for a reason. {Not to mention God and Divine Timing and being Divinely Guided playing a role}

It been 7 months now and yet my family and I still feel like something better out there for us. That this is not the end. And personal speaking I have my eye set on something that I know, feel and believe will come true. This is what I'm waiting for. Just that other things have to happen first before I can have my desire. It isn't called a Life Journey for nothing. Excpect delay, detour, as known as "setback," bumps on the road. Let's just say we are still hanging on. It can be tiring and discouraging. As long as we are hopeful and remain positive and optimistic it can make the waiting, the journey a little smoother.

Something like this.

Sent from my Beef-F-F using Tapatalk

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 04:28 AM
'internet nerd'

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I've been in limbo for a long time.

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

"Who are you to change this world?
Silly boy!
No one needs to hear your words.
Let it go."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 04:30 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat4799 View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 08:13 AM
Dog Lover

My Mood: Cold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I've been in limbo for a long time.

Lol you'll make it to heaven one day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Live for the progress that you've made.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 08:24 AM
'internet nerd'

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrensik View Post
Lol you'll make it to heaven one day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh no, I'm definitely going to hell.

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

"Who are you to change this world?
Silly boy!
No one needs to hear your words.
Let it go."

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page