Text Message - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2020, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Text Message

Hey guys. My mom has been trying to contact me, but she is an awful person. I was going to send her text saying these exact words "Give up, and set yourself free. I don't love you, and I want nothing to do with you. As soon as you accept this, you will be much happier." But then i stopped myself and decided not to say that because for some reason, i picture her having a mental breakdown over this. I dont want to become hateful like her or everyone else who has hurt me. But sometimes i wish to say what's on my mind. I'm typing this on social anxiety support because I want to tell someone with out hurting someone. Thanks for reading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2020, 02:10 AM
Pesky Pessimist

If you're planning to indefinitely cut contact with her, you should send it.

If you're still planning to maintain a relationship with her, then you should refrain and maybe think it through first at least.

I think deep down, your fear of her having a mental breakdown might be your fear of how this will manifest to more headaches and problems for you down the road. Although if you're cutting contact with her, then this is moot.

What goes up, will inevitably come back down. Whoever you have to step on when you go up, you will be at their mercy when you go down.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2020, 08:48 AM
Failure's Art

I don't know your situation so can't offer you any advice other than to say you should wait at least a week before you send a text that heavy. Just sit on it for a while and if you're still feeling the same in a week or two then maybe send it.

too scared to live; too scared to die

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2020, 08:51 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Yeah don't send it, family is so important and cutting someone completely out is a huge deal.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2020, 08:53 AM
SOS Member

My Mood: Scared
No. Do not send that to her. You'd probably regret it.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2020, 02:31 PM
Discord all the way

What does your Mom want to say? You could send her something like "Hi Mom" to kind of get the feel of her mood. If she come off ugly or mean do not respond. You can wait some time to talk with her again. Time does heal you know.

Whatever your situation is with your Mom I am sorry to hear. You can show your Mom compassion from afar.{ By not responding.} It is good that you wish not to be hateful.

Try not to worry about your Mom. Sometimes parents need to learn a lesson too. The imagine of her breaking down it not good but if that is what she may possible feel then it shall be.

It is up to you.

Good Luck.

Sent from The Secret Sevice using Obama's Tapatalk
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2020, 03:49 PM
alien monk

My Mood: Devilish
do you really need to go the no contact route? are you ready to commit to it? you can always just pay lip service and stay away.

if you have troubles with her then you can't really rely on her behaviour. its up to you to decide what is appropriate and follow through with it.

if you just want to express yourself, i think you ought to think about what you want to say and how you want to say it. the whole "when you do X i feel Y" format is better for communication, and you can google other effective ways to express your feelings without destroying your relationship or embracing the drama.

I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. ― Mother Teresa

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page