(Support Thread) What's Bothering You Right Now? - Page 722 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #14421 of 14443 (permalink) Old 01-06-2021, 03:19 AM
Moderator
 
WillYouStopDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Age: 47
Posts: 32,875
My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
Going to completely lose my ****. My washing machine is broken again. It broke in March, I couldn't get it fixed until October because of all the problems I had with my plumbing (so I couldn't do any laundry), and I've only used it a few times since then because I'm afraid it will break again. Which it has. This is the third time it's broken in 3 years.

To make matters worse, because my laundry room is tiny, I have to stack my dryer on top of my washing machine. The repair person won't move the dryer from on top, so I have to move it myself. And my brother is old and out of shape and doesn't want to keep moving the dryer, which is extremely hard for us to lift, because he's worried about his heart. And I obviously can't afford to hire someone (twice, once to lift it down, once to lift it up) every couple of months just to help me move the damn dryer.

And now I'm going to have to pay for an extended warranty, because it's obviously just going to keep breaking on me.
If you have something like craigslist there maybe you could look in there to see if there's someone who does odd jobs.

/WYSD
WillYouStopDave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14422 of 14443 (permalink) Old 01-06-2021, 05:23 AM
Narcissistic Rageaholic
 
truant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cislandia
Gender: Transgender
Age: 48
Posts: 10,167
My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
That really sucks did you buy it a long time ago? Apparently the average lifespan is about 11 years. I found some videos where someone moved one using a recycling bin without help
I bought it new 3 years ago, and it broke within the first year. And it's broken twice since then. The one I had before I had for over a decade and it was old when I got it and it worked fine except that it leaked about a cup of water when you ran it. My brother didn't like the leak so he complained to my dad and my dad made me buy a new one (which he paid for). I didn't want to get a new one because I didn't want to get stuck with something that didn't work. The new one has been a constant headache. When this one leaks, it leaks several liters. And you have to turn it off and leave it off because it leaks inside near the wires. You can't just mop up a bit of water every time you want to use it.

My dad gave us their old fridge about a year or so ago, too. He tried to convince me to get rid of my old fridge (which works fine) and I refused to. So I put the new fridge in my living room to use as a backup. Naturally, the new one doesn't work. Now I wish I'd kept my old washing machine, too.

The city won't empty the big containers with wheels here, so nobody has them except some of the businesses. Don't think I could get away with stealing one, since the closest one I can think of is about a 20 minute walk. Uphill. Through snow. But thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
If you have something like craigslist there maybe you could look in there to see if there's someone who does odd jobs.
For free?

Beauty isn't everything. It's the only thing.
truant is offline  
post #14423 of 14443 (permalink) Old 01-06-2021, 05:37 AM
Moderator
 
WillYouStopDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Age: 47
Posts: 32,875
My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
For free?
I doubt for free but that is the only thing I can think of if you can't do it yourself and don't know anyone who will help.

/WYSD
WillYouStopDave is offline  
 
post #14424 of 14443 (permalink) Old 01-06-2021, 06:54 AM
Not like the other ducks
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 8800 blue lick road
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 41,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
I bought it new 3 years ago, and it broke within the first year. And it's broken twice since then. The one I had before I had for over a decade and it was old when I got it and it worked fine except that it leaked about a cup of water when you ran it. My brother didn't like the leak so he complained to my dad and my dad made me buy a new one (which he paid for). I didn't want to get a new one because I didn't want to get stuck with something that didn't work. The new one has been a constant headache. When this one leaks, it leaks several liters. And you have to turn it off and leave it off because it leaks inside near the wires. You can't just mop up a bit of water every time you want to use it.

My dad gave us their old fridge about a year or so ago, too. He tried to convince me to get rid of my old fridge (which works fine) and I refused to. So I put the new fridge in my living room to use as a backup. Naturally, the new one doesn't work. Now I wish I'd kept my old washing machine, too.

The city won't empty the big containers with wheels here, so nobody has them except some of the businesses. Don't think I could get away with stealing one, since the closest one I can think of is about a 20 minute walk. Uphill. Through snow. But thanks for the suggestion.
Oh sounds like it could have been faulty or something if it broke so soon or just low quality but I think newer appliances do break sooner than old ones (and it's probably gotten worse over time.) Everything is lower quality now because they make new stuff constantly so they try to manufacture stuff as cheaply as possible. (So as a general rule nobody should replace old appliances unless they break unless they have enough money to be OK with replacing them constantly.)

We have those bins in most places here so that sucks I'm not sure if there's something else you could get that's not too expensive. I saw someone use a hydraulic lift but they seem expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

Persephone The Dread is offline  
post #14425 of 14443 (permalink) Old 01-06-2021, 07:49 AM
Mad Scientist
 
Omni-slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,046
Ever had that thing where you ignore someone's message for a bit, then feel like messaging them back but at that point it's too late so you keep ignoring them? It sounds dumb, but that's been happening.

super chill and mentally ill.
Omni-slash is offline  
post #14426 of 14443 (permalink) Old 01-07-2021, 08:42 PM
SAS Member
 
Whatswhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Posts: 248
Expert: Social phobia can lead to depression.
Me:
Attached Thumbnails
8B9A6343-19F2-45B7-854E-9652E5166192_1610077322674.jpeg  
Whatswhat is offline  
post #14427 of 14443 (permalink) Old 01-08-2021, 02:59 AM
throwaway
 
Myosr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 499
@Omni-slash

yeah that happens to me too. I think responding late is not worse than never responding.
Myosr is offline  
post #14428 of 14443 (permalink) Old 01-08-2021, 04:24 PM
Narcissistic Rageaholic
 
truant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cislandia
Gender: Transgender
Age: 48
Posts: 10,167
My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I'm not sure if there's something else you could get that's not too expensive. I saw someone use a hydraulic lift but they seem expensive.
Yeah, seems expensive, lol. I found out that an old chest that I have is just about exactly the same height as my washing machine when turned on one end, so I was able to pull the dryer off onto the end of the chest. No wheels, ofc, but I could slide it out of the way with a bit of effort. Not sure how long it will last, though, because the chest is pretty rickety. But I ended up being able to use your suggestion after all, so thanks.


Thanks, @WillYouStopDave . I got it figured out.

Beauty isn't everything. It's the only thing.
truant is offline  
post #14429 of 14443 (permalink) Old 01-08-2021, 05:55 PM
Not like the other ducks
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 8800 blue lick road
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 41,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
Yeah, seems expensive, lol. I found out that an old chest that I have is just about exactly the same height as my washing machine when turned on one end, so I was able to pull the dryer off onto the end of the chest. No wheels, ofc, but I could slide it out of the way with a bit of effort. Not sure how long it will last, though, because the chest is pretty rickety. But I ended up being able to use your suggestion after all, so thanks.


Thanks, @WillYouStopDave . I got it figured out.
That's good hopefully it lasts long enough and doesn't break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

Persephone The Dread is offline  
post #14430 of 14443 (permalink) Old 01-08-2021, 06:08 PM
Moderator
 
WillYouStopDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Age: 47
Posts: 32,875
My Mood: Relaxed
@truant

I can imagine that musta been a PITA. Our washer and dryer aren't stacked but I had to pull the dryer out one time to fix the vent hose and man, I never want to have to do that again! I also had to climb over the dryer once it was pulled out and squeeze myself backwards underneath a wire shelf that is above it and down between the back of the dryer and the wall in order to get to the hose. Plus it is a gas dryer and I have never done that before and had no idea if I was doing it right (the combustion fumes are obviously supposed to exit through the hose and not leak into the house).

/WYSD
WillYouStopDave is offline  
post #14431 of 14443 (permalink) Old 01-08-2021, 06:47 PM
🤓🤓
 
PurplePeopleEater's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Fagonard
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,915
I deserve so much better than the treatment I get from people.
PurplePeopleEater is offline  
post #14432 of 14443 (permalink) Old 01-10-2021, 01:14 AM
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
 
coeur_brise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Language: Luuvvvv
Posts: 7,283
At this point, its feeling like a Twilight Zone episode to where you stay inside for months in some virus proof bunker..only to walk out after the all-clear and get sick. Wouldn't that be ironic.
coeur_brise is online now  
post #14433 of 14443 (permalink) Old 01-10-2021, 02:33 AM
Pesky Pessimist
 
Blue Dino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,467
I have no clue the closest walk-in/urgent care clinic now from where I live is 30 minute drive away. Many of the ones that use to be much closer have all closed down within the past year apparently.

What goes up, will inevitably come back down. Whoever you have to step on when you go up, you will be at their mercy when you go down.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
Blue Dino is offline  
post #14434 of 14443 (permalink) Old 01-13-2021, 01:43 PM
SAS Member
 
IcedOver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Age: 44
Posts: 5,808
I'm kind of in limbo at the moment. The holiday season wasn't fun or restful. This year has started out crappy just like almost all of last year was. At the moment work is not busy but in my new position I'm honestly not sure what I should be doing in this downtime and am afraid to ask. My OCD is hitting hard; some of my "rituals" haven't been going right, but I'm also very lazy in trying to rectify the situation.

I haven't any dreams left to dream. We'll never get off this island. Never.
IcedOver is offline  
post #14435 of 14443 (permalink) Old 01-14-2021, 11:59 AM
Permanently An Idiot
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,203
My Mood: Lurking
My mother's drunk and just yelled at the neighbours for their loud music. This is not doing my anxiety any good at all...

Edit: And she's just done it again, a day later. This time there was no music. This time they were talking too loud.

And this time? They definitely heard. Ffs. I need to get out of this house.

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning
TheWelshOne is offline  
post #14436 of 14443 (permalink) Old 01-14-2021, 06:48 PM
SAS Member
 
Barakiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Here
Language: too few
Gender: Male
Age: 24
Posts: 4,504
My Mood: Angelic
Suicide mention -

 
this is a post I wrote a while back elsewhere -

Quote:
In one of our last calls my friend brought this post up, mostly to talk about the second bit but there’s no way they could’ve missed the first one [Where I mentioned feeling suicidal]. We knew someone who committed suicide, I don’t think they were at any fault, but they did worry about how they talked with them or whether they were too dismissive. Is it selfish to feel hurt and possibly even envious over how they evidently didn’t care about me as much?
Or as I would state it now, the closest I've had to a best friend in my adult life just stopped giving a **** about me and I haven't recovered from that since, and as isolated as I am it makes perfect sense that I haven't when there's not a single person I'm close to.

I haven't given up on life per se but my life specifically, in many ways, just undeniably ****ing sucks and I'm tired of having absolutely nothing to show for any effort I make or for just 'surviving' the things I've had to deal with.



When I find the energy, I wonder if continuing a translation of the Book of Job I've found recently would help..
Barakiel is offline  
post #14437 of 14443 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM
A Person
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Essex, UK
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,908
My Mood: Worried
My brother is racist. It drives me mad. Now, I'm not the biggest racial advocate in the world but it just doesn't make sense to me that we were brought up in the same house yet he's a huge racist and I'm not. i hate his small minded views.


Cool Ice Dude55 is offline  
post #14438 of 14443 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM
SAS Member
 
SunshineSam218's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Florida USA ~The Sunshine State~
Language: English.
Gender: Female
Age: 37
Posts: 1,050
Lately, I'm trying to deal with my brother's suicide that happened last year. This is what's been making me severely depressed. I don't like to make people pity me so sometimes I'm just not in the mood to talk to others. Hate bringing people down, but I do miss talking to people from time to time. Isolating yourself can never be good for a long period of time.

"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." ~Tori Amos
SunshineSam218 is offline  
post #14439 of 14443 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM
SAS Member
 
Gala_Evandrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Milky Way
Posts: 15
My Mood: Sleepy
My eyes keep getting irritated and hurt.
Gala_Evandrus is offline  
post #14440 of 14443 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedOver View Post
I'm kind of in limbo at the moment. The holiday season wasn't fun or restful. This year has started out crappy just like almost all of last year was. At the moment work is not busy but in my new position I'm honestly not sure what I should be doing in this downtime and am afraid to ask. My OCD is hitting hard; some of my "rituals" haven't been going right, but I'm also very lazy in trying to rectify the situation.
I kinda hate the holiday season in general. December 1st, everything switches and every radio station or supermarket starts playing Christmas carrolls. I just pray for them to end quickly. I am convinced that even if i had my own wife and kids and money and gifts and friends i would still be fed up with the holiday season or bored by the same dumb routines. I have been sleeping well the last 9 months since the coronavirus started but I still never really feel rested, after being awake 3 or 4 hours, i need another nap, freaking ridiculous.
Disheveled and Lost is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New poll: Trump's support has doubled Cletis Society & Culture 155 09-17-2015 12:12 PM
3 great ways to manage social anxiety Starter Triumphs Over Social Anxiety 0 01-15-2011 05:35 AM
New York City Social Support for Social Anxiety Cool Calmness Support Groups, Friends, Connections and Gatherings 6 12-08-2010 09:16 AM
You Are Accepted Caedmon Spiritual Support 2 07-03-2009 08:39 PM
Pants Anxiety Support LilyFair Just For Fun 18 11-08-2005 08:24 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome