(Support Thread) What's Bothering You Right Now? - Page 698 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #13941 of 13966 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 10:56 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
Yeah, I really don't want to live under anyone ever again. Hearing people's footsteps above you is rather disturbing. I notice that I don't hear the people to the left or right of me in apartments. 80% of the noise I hear comes from upstairs and 20% from downstairs (music and when one of them starts talking really loudly).
It doesn't bother me so much just to hear people walking normally but when they're literally stomping around like there's nobody below them and constantly dropping things on bare surface floors and dragging things all the way across the room like 20 times an hour (whatever the hell they're doing when they're making that dragging/scraping sound) and jumping around and running back and forth. It's like being inside a drum kit. I just don't know why they never sit down. How can someone be in constant motion all day long every day?

/WYSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13942 of 13966 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 11:15 AM
⚾🚀📝📸🎬💾🎲⛰🍪💡

Language: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by coeur_brise View Post
I hate trying to tell anyone how I feel lately anymore. Its like trying to come out or come clean about something. Kind of just goes to show what a stigma it still is. Although I can totally sugarcoat and say, "it's the blues". Ah the old blues. I just hate to get any wrath though. I don't think I got the job but ok..
To make things easier, mail these to everyone:

I'll reply by sending you

Play The Social Anxiety Game

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #13943 of 13966 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 02:37 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
I can't wait for this stupid day to be over. I'm just so done with it.

/WYSD

post #13944 of 13966 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 03:43 PM
We got da SAUCE 🍲

Language: American English
I think I'm letting my mom get into my head about my girlfriend. It would help if she wasn't right. I wish I could just tune out family sometimes for the sake of my relationship. My girl means no harm but she probably feels like I'm against her when I agree with my family about her recent behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Indeed View Post
Isn't it a bit early to worry about that at 7 years old?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy396 View Post
I don't believe you at all about the taste. You are vegan anyway, so how would you know what meat tastes like. I get sick of vegans saying it tastes the same and then you bite into it and it's horrible.
post #13945 of 13966 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 08:00 PM
acetal dehydrogenaser

Language: Luuvvvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by coeur_brise View Post
I hate trying to tell anyone how I feel lately anymore. Its like trying to come out or come clean about something. Kind of just goes to show what a stigma it still is. Although I can totally sugarcoat and say, "it's the blues". Ah the old blues. I just hate to get any wrath though. I don't think I got the job but ok..
To make things easier, mail these to everyone:

I'll reply by sending you
That sounds wonderful. I'd honestly be happy to get any snail mail right now. But yes, I'm quite over it. I could use a trip to the post office. I haven't sent anything in approx 6 months.
post #13946 of 13966 (permalink) Old 06-24-2020, 11:18 PM
SAS Member

Its weird to me how someone can feel they have complete control over a relationship. They can enter and leave your life whenever they choose or see fit. Have an argument? Thats fine to them theyll just disappear because space is what they need. Then after a month of sitting waiting in agony they randomly come back into your life when the time is right for them. They act like nothing happened. Caring not of what they put you through. Things become great again as far as you can tell, but fear not...they will leave your life once again to repeat the cycle just as soon as they feel like it. How you feel and what you want means squat.
post #13947 of 13966 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 03:02 AM
A Tad Hexish

My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
Only a tiny fraction of the world’s information is available for free on the internet. But all of it is available through libraries.
This is a joke, right? My personal library is, in many ways, better than my public library. And I have less than 1,500 books.

Quote:
The existence of libraries ensures that knowledge and technology are available to everyone, not just to those who can afford their own.
The existence of libraries ensures that people can read the latest James Patterson novel and not much else. Access to knowledge is still largely class-based, even with the Internet. The remark about technology is obviously delusional.

Quote:
Some say that the internet and e-books make libraries unnecessary. But they haven’t made bookstores unnecessary, have they?
Lol.

I hate being part of the underclass.

I love Society. It is entirely composed now of beautiful idiots and brilliant lunatics. Just what Society should be.
post #13948 of 13966 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 04:45 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Cut my chin pretty bad shaving. I didn't realize how sharp the blade was, hope it heals asap!

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #13949 of 13966 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 06:34 AM
Your local potato farmer

You would think that me saying for years that I'm not interested and having a boyfriend would be a hint to this guy. This man just doesn't give up. It's getting creepy at this point

more issues than vogue
post #13950 of 13966 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 08:20 PM

I suppose we not only have terrible drivers in our city, but cyclists as well. My friend was hurt badly after being hit by a cyclist on his way home today >.<.
post #13951 of 13966 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 10:01 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
^^ Sorry to hear!

These Uber/Lyft costs are killing me, like almost $600 a month.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #13952 of 13966 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 10:46 AM
SAS Member

"We'll keep in touch"

I recently quit my first ever "real" job and I received a lot more goodbyes than I was expecting. Some were abrupt and others were typical.

Something I didn't think would bother me is having the phrase "let's keep in touch" spewed by the people I notified of my departure.

One would think that this is a sign that I had impacted the place a bit but it was very, very easy to spot the generic/fake responses from the more genuine ones (not that I was expecting anything but forced).

In truth, I would have much rather taken those fake/forced responses than the "let's keep in touch" trap.

The reason I say this is because I know I didn't get that close with anyone in the office and while I may have gotten along with the few people that I did, it wasn't like we were friends. If anything, this was probably the most I had heard from them in the past 3-4 months that we had been under quarantine (and that was only true if I had even seen them in the office for a given week).

Out of all of them, I wanted to see something from my crush but I didn't get anything special from her even when I sent her a semi-heartfelt message (albeit it was via IM).

Above all else, the sentiment comes on half way. I know for a fact none of these people ever wanted to communicate me on a regular basis and now that I'm gone that likely hasn't changed.

It all sort of seems (as outlandish and conceited as it sounds) like a way to get me to feel guilty about leaving. These people never reached out to me before but suddenly leaving makes them do it? Why? How does that make things any better?

Though I have always made it my practice to be pleasant to everybody, I have not once actually experienced friendship. I have only the most painful recollections of my various acquaintances ..."
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
post #13953 of 13966 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 10:14 PM
YAS Member

Feeling so alone after seeing 2 of my crushes are happily taken and I'm old and so introverted that I doubt I could handle being in a relationship anyway at this point I really do enjoy my alone time.
post #13954 of 13966 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 12:11 PM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
It would just be really nice if I could chew on some pizza or Cheez-Its or something...

God I'd love some pizza.

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #13955 of 13966 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 04:14 AM
A Tad Hexish

My Mood: Brooding
I keep writing replies to things online and then deleting my comments without sending them. I know I don't have time to argue with anyone, but sometimes it's so hard to resist the urge. If I could just resist it entirely I could save myself hours every week.

I love Society. It is entirely composed now of beautiful idiots and brilliant lunatics. Just what Society should be.
post #13956 of 13966 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 10:10 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cool
I've been depressed. And I've been talking to my sister; I mean not a lot of choices here. Today she wanted me to see a therapist. One, rude. Two, just because it worked for her doesn't mean it works for me. And I've seen enough to know they most likely wouldn't help me. And I've been trying to find one.. The one that I managed to email yesterday was full. I just don't care enough about therapy to find one. Ugh, this whole system is so inefficient.

Good news is that it seems to be getting better. It's like I injured a muscle and the more time passes the better it feels.
post #13957 of 13966 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 11:19 PM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

My Mood: Crappy
I'm wondering if I accidentally took two sleeping pills instead of one. Starting to feel weird. :/

I felt rather off earlier too, though.

Usually I delete some files at night but maybe I shouldn't tonight in case I doze off and do something dumb.

I wish so much this reading/repeating OCD would let up because even comparing info to delete files makes it an exceedingly lengthy and agonizing task. EVERYTHING is exceeding lengthy and agonizing, I get no real joy from anything anymore because of this.

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #13958 of 13966 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 09:57 AM
A Person

My Mood: Worried
I'm really worried that someone I know has offed themself or will do shortly.

post #13959 of 13966 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 04:19 PM
SAS Member

Why is happiness so hard sometimes
post #13960 of 13966 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 05:05 PM
S F C 0 1

My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqwsderf View Post
Why is happiness so hard sometimes

it isnt!

Hope you are ok?