(Support Thread) What's Bothering You Right Now? - Page 672 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #13421 of 13439 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 11:53 AM
blurry dystopia gif ☣️
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 37,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
I'm having the worst ****ing day! Windows did an update last night and this morning my computer no longer worked! Just BSOD/hanging on autorepair. Even with the help of my brother (who fortunately knows a lot about computers) it took us 10 hours and a lot of hacking around in command prompt just to get it to reformat from a USB drive. Should have been easy, but it wasn't. None of the online troubleshooting suggestions worked. I lost so much stuff! Files that I couldn't fit into OneDrive (a lot of them personal), bookmarks and login information for dozens of sites, all my contact information, all my game saves, and most of my programs (which I'm currently reinstalling). I'm lucky I didn't lose all my writing! (Thank God for cloud!)

Why does God hate me so much?
Last summer I had some problem with my harddrive where it just got weirdly corrupted and wouldn't boot windows anymore after blue screening I think. It's really annoying when stuff like that happens. I could get the files from it by fiddling around and putting it into my brother's PC though as a storage harddrive, even though it wouldn't boot Windows. I ended up replacing it and a bunch of other parts in the end.

A lot of people have complained about Windows 10. So far I've found it to be OK although I have to fiddle around with the update settings a lot to make sure it doesn't reset at certain times or if my PC is in sleep mode turn on in the middle of the night which it has done a few times _ I had to update to Windows 10 really because the process of installing 7 seemed like too much hassle on my new harddrive. It's not an activated copy because you can only get a free copy if you update from an existing operating system, but there doesn't seem to be much difference besides the permanant little watermark in the bottom right of one monitor (it's also not on both monitors because I have two which is funny.)

The wretched world were living in at present was not an unlucky war of fate; it was an economic and political decision made without consulting the enormous human population that it would most drastically affect. If we would have it otherwise, if wed prefer a future that we can call home, then we must stop supporting even passively this ravenous, insatiable conservative agenda before it devours us with our kids as a dessert. - Alan Moore

Persephone The Dread is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #13422 of 13439 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 12:17 PM
The Wanderer
 
Musicfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
I'm having the worst ****ing day! Windows did an update last night and this morning my computer no longer worked! Just BSOD/hanging on autorepair. Even with the help of my brother (who fortunately knows a lot about computers) it took us 10 hours and a lot of hacking around in command prompt just to get it to reformat from a USB drive. Should have been easy, but it wasn't. None of the online troubleshooting suggestions worked. I lost so much stuff! Files that I couldn't fit into OneDrive (a lot of them personal), bookmarks and login information for dozens of sites, all my contact information, all my game saves, and most of my programs (which I'm currently reinstalling). I'm lucky I didn't lose all my writing! (Thank God for cloud!)

Why does God hate me so much?

I get a mild panic attack when I see that windows needs to update. Have tried fixing it when it fails with windows repair but sometimes I just reinstalled windows 10 because it was faster than trying to fix whatever problem it had. Regularly backing up to external hard drives and usb sticks really helps, I would have given up on windows if there wasn't a proper way to back up files. I'm not sure what platform you're on but I use pc and keep the operating system running on a separate ssd from my hard drive which keeps the important stuff. Sorry you lost your files, always sucks to have to start all over.

[Everyone disliked that.]
Musicfan is online now  
post #13423 of 13439 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 04:01 PM
Self-absorbed but it's ok
 
SorryForMyEnglish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Language: Bad English
Gender: Agender
Posts: 1,240
My Mood: Dead
I left my therapist because I feel how diminishing she is to me. She posts stuff ridiculing people with serious mental health problems. For a while I thought it was me making up things and I believed her words about it not affecting the way she feels about her client
I'm feeling so bad and hurt.

Sorry not sorry
SorryForMyEnglish is offline  
 
post #13424 of 13439 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 04:19 PM
Don
Fupa King
 
Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: United States
Language: English
Gender: Male
Age: 23
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryForMyEnglish View Post
I left my therapist because I feel how diminishing she is to me. She posts stuff ridiculing people with serious mental health problems. For a while I thought it was me making up things and I believed her words about it not affecting the way she feels about her client
I'm feeling so bad and hurt.
That sounds like very odd, unacceptable behavior for therapist. Perhaps, they should maybe not be a therapist.

Life's Wack
Don is online now  
post #13425 of 13439 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 07:15 PM
Don
Fupa King
 
Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: United States
Language: English
Gender: Male
Age: 23
Posts: 380
I have been getting irrationally angry over small things lately. It doesn't often show in front of other people, but I worry what will happen if I don't get a grip on this. I've had anger issues the past couple of years that have just kept intensifying. I guess something happened to me during college that has had me constantly frustrated with life and irritable about everything. A lot if it stems from insecurity and feeling unappreciated by those around me, or not feeling like I have the ability and freedom to communicate and vent to the very few people who are close to me in life. I've just internalized everything, and the only way I know how to deal with things right now is just to be perpetually irritated. It's not healthy, I don't want it to ruin the only relationships I have in life.

Life's Wack
Don is online now  
post #13426 of 13439 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 12:31 PM
The Wanderer
 
Musicfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,430
So bad at saving money. I'm broke till the end of the month.

[Everyone disliked that.]
Musicfan is online now  
post #13427 of 13439 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 03:42 PM
alien monk
 
andy1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 35
Posts: 7,095
if my flatmates couldn't feed themselves i could train them like dogs. this would greatly improve my life, even though it would be quite time consuming probably as they are pretty stupid.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
andy1984 is online now  
post #13428 of 13439 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 07:35 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food
 
WillYouStopDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Posts: 28,927
My Mood: Relaxed
Upstairs neighbor's brat is ear a tating. Running back and forth all day is so loud.

/WYSD
WillYouStopDave is offline  
post #13429 of 13439 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 04:00 AM
Self-absorbed but it's ok
 
SorryForMyEnglish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Language: Bad English
Gender: Agender
Posts: 1,240
My Mood: Dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
That sounds like very odd, unacceptable behavior for therapist. Perhaps, they should maybe not be a therapist.
Yeah, but seems like she's in denial. The fact that she's a therapist and is mentally healthier than me (for instance, her neurotic level of functioning as opposed to my borderline one (not to confuse with BPD) made me believe that she's right about things and I shouldn't even bring them up because I'm unreasonably sensitive to it. That's how she explains it to people using the professional authority she has so I saw it and adopted this belief system.

She says to me that it's not like only 1% of people are mentally ill and people with neurotic level have mental health problems too, but the thing is she only ridicules borderline lvl of functioning ones and only certain things that I can relate to or sympathize with. She says it's ok to do cause for her people she doesn't know in therapy can be memes and caricatures but since she knows me she can empathize with me. But no way will I believe that it doesn't influence her view of me and therefore the diminishing. I was teased at school like that and it doesn't come across as something mature or non-hating, like doing that you can still respect people with these qualities you ridicule and hate. And it's really strange that not every single mentally healthy person will do that, but here's a therapist doing that and justifies that because of being neurotic and more mentally healthy. There's no way I can prove it wrong because 1) I'm more mentally ill and possibly have an early childhood trauma and she doesn't have an early one, she's neurotic and I'm borderline (that's how she explains it, her logic) 2) she's a professional has a psychological education and professional knowledge (doesn't seem to apply it in therapy though or bother enough to help me progress) so she knows better 3) I was in therapy with her and not the other way around or not us on equal grounds

Sorry not sorry
SorryForMyEnglish is offline  
post #13430 of 13439 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 01:52 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food
 
WillYouStopDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Posts: 28,927
My Mood: Relaxed
My neighbors are friggin annoying. If they're gonna have hardwood floors, WTF can't they take their damn shoes off?

/WYSD
WillYouStopDave is offline  
post #13431 of 13439 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 02:46 PM
SAS Member
 
Mik3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: England
Gender: Male
Posts: 132

(Support Thread) What's Bothering You Right Now?


Im just never gonna find a girl I cant go out and meet them and I cannot stand dating sites what is a man to do..I do still hope that I will meet someone in like the library or something but life isnt like the movies and it probably isnt happening if Im being honest

Always Be Yourself, Everyone Else Is Already Taken
Mik3 is online now  
post #13432 of 13439 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 03:47 PM
alien monk
 
andy1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 35
Posts: 7,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik3 View Post
Im just never gonna find a girl I cant go out and meet them and I cannot stand dating sites what is a man to do..I do still hope that I will meet someone in like the library or something but life isnt like the movies and it probably isnt happening if Im being honest
yeah I feel a bit like that now. my dating site days are behind me. but single life is also great. so hm it's ok.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
andy1984 is online now  
post #13433 of 13439 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 04:04 PM
SAS Member
 
Mik3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: England
Gender: Male
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1984 View Post
yeah I feel a bit like that now. my dating site days are behind me. but single life is also great. so hm it's ok.



I hate being single loneliness is the worst.

Always Be Yourself, Everyone Else Is Already Taken
Mik3 is online now  
post #13434 of 13439 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 04:54 PM
Una imposibilidad yestoqu
 
coeur_brise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Language: Luuvvvv
Posts: 7,017
None of this will matter as it is a topic not really of much import to uh, non-convicts but it does bother me, watching all these prison show clips where even the guards will say "This is MY HOUSE now!"
..and I'm like.. for real. So, not only do inmates try to dominate each other in a harsh system but even the guards have to engage in this awful power play. Or was it the other way around where guards just said that. Dissension causes dissension either way. Welp, psychoanalysis rant over, time to sort of worry/stay in bed/ whatever I was doing, letsjusthopeisucceed...
coeur_brise is offline  
post #13435 of 13439 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 05:48 PM
SAS Member
 
aqwsderf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Language: English, Spanish
Gender: Female
Age: 27
Posts: 392
@coeur_brise

Prison shows and shows about the justice system always upset me. Last one I saw was When They See Us. And just the whole unfairness from interrogations to the courts...makes me so sad/mad.

The one that really had me questioning life was the movie called Stanford Prison Experiment. That was messed up
aqwsderf is online now  
post #13436 of 13439 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 06:02 PM
I Am Second
 
Kevin001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA ~ Louisiana
Language: American
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 56,467
My Mood: Inspired
Ears have been red/hot the last few days.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Kevin001 is offline  
post #13437 of 13439 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:50 AM
I Am Second
 
Kevin001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA ~ Louisiana
Language: American
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 56,467
My Mood: Inspired
Seems like my interest on my loans is piling up so much, like more than it should. Being debt free one day will be such a huge relief.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Kevin001 is offline  
post #13438 of 13439 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM
Permanently An Idiot
 
TheWelshOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,139
My Mood: Lurking
I've tried to post stuff on Facebook but a) nobody cares and b) it's too scary to be honest under my real name. So here's my controversial thoughts on three recent news stories...

1) Jake Paul tweeted this:

There's an article on MSN, and many random people, ripping into him for it.

Fun fact: This is what every self-help article on mental health issues says. And a lot of those are written by mental health professionals.

This is also what therapists tell you to do.

2) Caroline Flack. Poor, tragic, beautiful Caroline Flack.

Women are flooding Facebook with selfies for her, calling themselves beautiful for her, railing against the media for her.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that she was due to stand trial for domestic abuse charges. Imagine a male celebrity killing themselves in that situation, what would the outpouring of emotion be then?

3) Meghan Markle. Apparently anything you say against her is racist. Apparently everyone hates her and loves Kate Middleton. Apparently this is completely arbitrary.

Nothing at all to do with the fact that she's an American, married into the (arguably) most important family in the UK and then refused to follow all their rules. Repeatedly flouted royal protocol (while Kate upholds it). And y'know, we don't have the best history with our princes marrying Americans.

So there you have it, we're not racist. We're xenophobic.

(Also, what happened to Harry and Meghan wanting to be 'eco-friendly'? Living between London and Vancouver, jetting around to Miami and stuff?)

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning
TheWelshOne is offline  
post #13439 of 13439 (permalink) Old Today, 05:37 AM
blurry dystopia gif ☣️
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 37,705
@TheWelshOne

I don't watch any of Jake Paul's content (and never will,) but he and his brother seem pretty infamous in general. From what little I know of them, they're part of the corporate puppet area of YouTube that came about over the past few years, and not very bright.. Supposedly one of them is also why a bunch of smaller channels can't make money on YT anymore because they did something that pissed off advertisers so much that YT changed their policy (but his content is still monetised, whichever one it is.)

I don't think people criticising Meghan Markle are racist, or wouldn't assume that. I like the idea of people rebelling against the royal family, though I don't know (or care to know,) all the details about these people. Someone made a thread about it on SAS before which is the only reason I'm even aware since I sort of go out of my way to not read about the royals. I'm sure they're probably hypocrites in various ways.

The wretched world were living in at present was not an unlucky war of fate; it was an economic and political decision made without consulting the enormous human population that it would most drastically affect. If we would have it otherwise, if wed prefer a future that we can call home, then we must stop supporting even passively this ravenous, insatiable conservative agenda before it devours us with our kids as a dessert. - Alan Moore

Persephone The Dread is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New poll: Trump's support has doubled Cletis Society & Culture 155 09-17-2015 12:12 PM
3 great ways to manage social anxiety Starter Triumphs Over Social Anxiety 0 01-15-2011 05:35 AM
New York City Social Support for Social Anxiety Cool Calmness Support Groups 6 12-08-2010 09:16 AM
You Are Accepted Caedmon Spiritual Support 2 07-03-2009 08:39 PM
Pants Anxiety Support LilyFair Just For Fun 18 11-08-2005 08:24 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome