(Support Thread) What's Bothering You Right Now? - Page 661 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #13201 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 08:28 PM
SAS Member

Language: English, Spanish
My Mood: Pensive
There's a non-relenting expectation for you to be "normal" in this world. If you don't meet that expectation, then that's too bad. I feel like people just expect you to be normal. They don't expect anything less. If you don't turn out in an agreeable way, then you've simply turned out to be that person that no one can relate to. It sucks not being as outgoing as anybody else is, and not as confident in everything you do. It feels as if you can't start living a true, significant life without meeting particular requirements, which is true to a certain extent I suppose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13202 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 09:53 PM
A Tad Hexish

My Mood: Brooding
There's a sort of weird irony in the fact that, in order for me to have a future, I must do everything in my power to avoid thinking about it.

I love Society. It is entirely composed now of beautiful idiots and brilliant lunatics. Just what Society should be.
post #13203 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 02:10 AM
A Tad Hexish

If I could have more than three drinks without throwing up, I'd skip eating this month and buy a ton of booze. It's the only way I can see living until the new year. I need to be gone. Obliviated. Out of my goddamn gourd. But I'll just puke it all up before blacking out anyway, so what's the point? Is there any way to induce a coma that can't be construed as an attempt to kill yourself? I don't want to ruin anyone's Christmas.

I love Society. It is entirely composed now of beautiful idiots and brilliant lunatics. Just what Society should be.

post #13204 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 04:14 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
If I could have more than three drinks without throwing up, I'd skip eating this month and buy a ton of booze. Is there any way to induce a coma that can't be construed as an attempt to kill yourself?
Mm that's bad, you could start with something light & cheap like a white wine spritzer & work up, aim for a little buzzed, something to take the edge off.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #13205 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 08:39 AM
A Tad Hexish

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
Mm that's bad, you could start with something light & cheap like a white wine spritzer & work up, aim for a little buzzed, something to take the edge off.
I have vertigo, so I'm already about 3 drinks ahead of everybody else. The dizziness and nausea outpace my inebriation, so I end up puking before I'm even good and drunk. And I'll spend about 12 hours on my back with my head spinning instead of passing out. I can enjoy one or two drinks, but I can't really get drunk.

I fail even at alcoholism. All I want is to get out of my own head for a bit.

post #13206 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 09:09 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
I have vertigo, so I'm already about 3 drinks ahead of everybody else. The dizziness and nausea outpace my inebriation, so I end up puking before I'm even good and drunk. And I'll spend about 12 hours on my back with my head spinning instead of passing out. I can enjoy one or two drinks, but I can't really get drunk.

I fail even at alcoholism. All I want is to get out of my own head for a bit.
I always had the same problem. Not just with alcohol though. Everything. Before I started smoking, two puffs off a cigarette would make me sick enough to vomit almost immediately. A couple of wine coolers made me feel horrible.

It wasn't caused by vertigo though. I just had a really ****ty tolerance for anything like that.

/WYSD
post #13207 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 09:34 AM
A Tad Hexish

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
I always had the same problem. Not just with alcohol though. Everything. Before I started smoking, two puffs off a cigarette would make me sick enough to vomit almost immediately. A couple of wine coolers made me feel horrible.

It wasn't caused by vertigo though. I just had a really ****ty tolerance for anything like that.
I did smoke for a few years (God, I miss that). Anything that plays with my mind (like marijuana) is bad, bad, bad. It triggers all kinds of horrible things. I won't touch any of that stuff. I'm even afraid of medications.

post #13208 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 04:04 PM
Permanently Banned

Having nice female friends who I easily get on with and being able to have convos and laughs with random beautiful women, but not being able to take it any further. Had a lovely convo and laugh with this young woman who looked like a cuter, sexier brunette version of Scarlett Johansson the other day, and that's where it ends! lol
post #13209 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 07:05 PM
Retired Bingo Cook

My Mood: Sad
I'm so lonely.

Making The Choice To Ride BMX Is An Opportunity To Become Infinitely Better At Something, There Is No Ceiling To Hit In The Realm Of Freestyle BMX.
post #13210 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 10:21 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Job is about to stop matching 401K, mom is flipping out, and I'm not quite sure how bad my driving anxiety is.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #13211 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 10:24 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckg2011 View Post
I'm so lonely.
I'm sorry I'm lonely too buddy.

Language is a virus from outer space!

--William Burroughs; Laurie Anderson
post #13212 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019, 12:41 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
I have vertigo, so I'm already about 3 drinks ahead of everybody else. The dizziness and nausea outpace my inebriation, so I end up puking before I'm even good and drunk.
Damn that sounds horrible can't even enjoy a few drinks at christmas.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #13213 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019, 11:36 PM
We all wear a mask.

With my mental afflictions taking an increasingly large cut from my mental framework, I actually want LESS hours at work maybe 20 hours a week max.

I don't spent a whole lot. I have enough money to pay most of my expenses. I just no longer care to participate in the virulent culture that is the working world anymore.

Nothing changes no matter what job you have. Gossip ensues, social groups form, co-workers dillydally, supervisors bark orders rather than do anything..... It has all become very tedious to me now and mentally, I am just done with it.

I would like to pursue some interests eventually but as it pertains to working a typical 9-5 job, that ship has not only sailed but capsized as well.

We haven't lived in anything remotely close to "real" since the turn of the century.
post #13214 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 03:22 PM
Irreversibly Invisible

That dog has been yapping and whining since I got home two hours ago. Again. It's annoying but I also feel sorry for the poor thing. I hope the owners at least take him out in the middle of the day. Maybe they just stick him in a crate and forget about him. He sounds so unhappy.

It is the light she longs to find,
When she delights in learning more.
Her world is learning; it defines
The destiny she’s reaching for

- Marie Curie
post #13215 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 04:44 PM
YAS Member

I'm overwhelmed. I have too much going on. Dentist in the morning, then dog goes to doctors in the afternoon for her seizures. Then I go to my doctors on monday to find out my blood test results. I just want to sleep but my body wont let me.
post #13216 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 06:20 PM
Retired Bingo Cook

I am feeling very sad and I just don't know what to do.

Making The Choice To Ride BMX Is An Opportunity To Become Infinitely Better At Something, There Is No Ceiling To Hit In The Realm Of Freestyle BMX.
post #13217 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 06:50 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by firestar View Post
That dog has been yapping and whining since I got home two hours ago. Again. It's annoying but I also feel sorry for the poor thing. I hope the owners at least take him out in the middle of the day. Maybe they just stick him in a crate and forget about him. He sounds so unhappy.
If it is a puppy, they do that whether their circumstances warrant it or not. They hate being alone. You could give them a huge room with a lavish puppy bed and they'd still do that if they were alone.

/WYSD
post #13218 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 10:08 PM
aldehyde dehydrogenaser

Language: Luuvvvv
I want to both delight and despair of this malaise. In part because of telling someone about it and their response was so positive, like I can do anything in the world and all is right. But.. I know everything may not be right, right now. Maybe I'll just document this moment and think that anything is possible. New things. Yea, I didn't know where to post this so fudgesicles. Fudge me, fudge everything.
post #13219 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 02:56 AM
Irreversibly Invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
If it is a puppy, they do that whether their circumstances warrant it or not. They hate being alone. You could give them a huge room with a lavish puppy bed and they'd still do that if they were alone.
I hope it's not a puppy. They didn't get home until 8 p.m. last night.

It is the light she longs to find,
When she delights in learning more.
Her world is learning; it defines
The destiny she’s reaching for

- Marie Curie
post #13220 of 14014 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 01:54 PM
Retired Bingo Cook

So sad and depressed, I don't know what to do. I suck!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page