(Support Thread) What's Bothering You Right Now? - Page 652 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #13021 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 04:10 PM
SAS Member

Language: English, Japanese
My Mood: Pensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whookam View Post
I think Iím friendly and know a lot of people but I donít seem to properly connect with any of them and I just feel a bit lonely, like Iím not at the centre of anything
I feel you on that. I have many friends but I still feel like Iím all alone all the time because I simply do not share any interests or hobbies with them, and its been this way ever since I entered high school (Iím post college right now).

Speaker of Japanese, Programmer of Websites, Resident of my Household, Member of the Human Race
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13022 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 05:13 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Quote:
I’m new on here and not even sure if I’m doing this right but I have been through this same situation you’re in twice in the last two years so if you need an ear or any advice I’m happy to help
Thank you so much, I have no idea what I am doing. I think just saying it out loud or writing it was helpful. So is a kind word from someone like what you just did for me.
Well I’m glad it’s helped even just a little. Talking about it is really helpful so keep doing it if you can! Everyone is different and approaches things differently but you have a year or so which is what my dad had when he was diagnosed and I tried to make the most of it. I also had a really amazing honest talk with him which I recorded and which really comforts me to listen to when I’m missing him.
post #13023 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 05:20 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
Quote:
I think I’m friendly and know a lot of people but I don’t seem to properly connect with any of them and I just feel a bit lonely, like I’m not at the centre of anything
I feel you on that. I have many friends but I still feel like I’m all alone all the time because I simply do not share any interests or hobbies with them, and its been this way ever since I entered high school (I’m post college right now).
glad it’s not just me! I haven’t had a proper group of friends since school. I pick up lots of individuals along the way from jobs or hobbies but I have no solid base and they feel transient. It’s exhausting and I struggle to find the energy to constantly make new friends and be sociable. It just feels like everyone found their clan at some point and I missed the boat 🚣‍♀️ Do you not meet friends through your hobbies? What are you in to?

post #13024 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 05:31 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Brooding
I don't know how to express my sorrow to the people of Hong Kong. I'm so sorry all this is happening, it isn't fair, you've been very brave.
post #13025 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 12:47 AM
SAS Member

The fact that the only thing I look forward to when I open my eyes every morning is watching Friends. Sounds depressing but itís literally the only thing keeping me going right now.

Always Be Yourself, Everyone Else Is Already Taken
post #13026 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 03:52 AM
SAS Member

We're meeting but is it really hanging out or is it a date? I know it's best to play it by ear and have no expectations but I wish I knew the context...
post #13027 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 10:45 AM
Don
Fupa King

Language: English
I think I've reached a point where maybe I just need to accept that I'm always going to be anxious and awkward in all social situations no matter how much I try and practice and expose myself socially. Can't even really look people in the eyes. My mind is forever neurotic as hell, and I'm tired of trying to fix that so I can be socially accepted. Maybe I need to try medication again. I just hate talking to my doctor about this stuff. My doctor prescribed me zoloft a couple years ago but I quit earlier than I should have because I was worried it was altering my demeanor in weird ways and not helping.

Life's Wack
post #13028 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 12:40 PM
SAS Member

Not sure I want to meet this guy anymore. I don't really have a feel for his personality other than self-hatred and having no drive to better himself. Even as meeting someone with the intention of just being friends, that isn't someone I want to be around. We have the same situation but I don't want to commiserate. I want to DO something about it.
post #13029 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 07:25 PM
Russian Modster

burnt my tongue on my dinner and the inside of my left nostril is sore. It's that annoying feeling when you have sinus pressure built up on one side and have a cold on top of it, so your nose is dry inside and just feeling raw from sneezing and stuff. I don't get the drastic change in temperature weather wise but I sure get those seasonal colds. lol

♡ ❤ :: Yesterday's a closing door//You don't live there anymore//Say goodbye to where you've been//And tell your heart to beat again ::♡ ❤

Попроси у облаков
Подарить нам белых снов
Ночь плывет и мы за ней
В мир таинственных огней
post #13030 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 07:46 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Toxic Butterfly View Post
burnt my tongue on my dinner and the inside of my left nostril is sore. It's that annoying feeling when you have sinus pressure built up on one side and have a cold on top of it, so your nose is dry inside and just feeling raw from sneezing and stuff. I don't get the drastic change in temperature weather wise but I sure get those seasonal colds. lol
I'm trying to imagine what a butterfly sneeze sounds like.

/WYSD
post #13031 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 07:48 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
My sneezes are practically a weather event all their own. They're so loud. I have those holler sneezes.

/WYSD
post #13032 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 01:27 AM
Trailer Trash Tranny

My Mood: Brooding
So ****ing tired these days. I can barely keep my eyes open. But when I try to sleep, I can't get to sleep. Wth. Stupid ****ing brain.

The only thing better than money is more money.
post #13033 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 02:13 PM
Senior Thread Writer

My Mood: Worried
I'm trying so hard to hold onto the glimmer of hope i have. but some days it's just too f***ing hard you know. but the fact that there is a tiny glimmer of hope makes me have hope. it sort of keeps me going. but i also feel like i can't go on at the same time.

post #13034 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 08:11 PM
Una imposibilidad yestoqu

Language: Luuvvvv
I guess this is technically bothering me a bit because its art but like, super easy 10 minute art?
https://youtu.be/Ir4q2iKYzvc
Itd be cool if those were individual brush strokes but its just pouring paint. :/ god have mercy on my critical soul. Also, in bed for a lot of the day. why. Probably watching too much art
post #13035 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 08:19 PM
The Goat Ding

The thing about internet addiction isn't so much about the internet itself but it's the fact that when you turn off the screen you are faced with crushing nothingness.
post #13036 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 02:06 PM
SAS Member

A feeling of universal "contamination" has conquered me. I can't escape seeing "contamination" everywhere I look at. What I think started as a form of resistance in order not to drown in the monster called "society" and being "contaminated" by it has become itself an autonomous monster that now is drowning me and my ability to love. He makes me wonder what worth does human life have. A very dangerous question, but he will not be defeated by empty words and shallow morality, and for him everything is shallow. But what alternative can I offer to this monster? Can I really persuade him that the world is not that bad? Can I convince him that he is asking too much, that in fact he will never be satisfied because he was born from the thought that satisfaction itself is the supreme danger, the end of life and vitality? "But what about all the possibilities of life that are dying at each second, what about all the souls that are being crippled, transformed in mere shadows of what they could be... no, what they should be, what they really want to be?", he would answer me. "What do you intend to do without me? I am a monster born to fight another monster, because only a monster can defeat a monster. Because in order to resist such a huge monster you need all of your energy canalized to fighting, all of your feelings canalized to hate. Carelessness results in irreparable harm, weakness in complete annihilation. I warn you, if you surrender a new 'satisfied' one with your name and your body will be born, but you yourself will die".

I don't know how all of this is going to end.
post #13037 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 02:44 PM
SAS Member

October 16th is @rockyraccoon ís birthday. I really donít want that day to be a sad day, but I know that itís going to be. I was planning on doing something special that day in his honor. I have been planning on getting a tattoo for him since not long after he passed away, something to keep with me forever, but I donít have anyone who will go with me and I canít do something that stressful and emotional by myself.

Is it ever going to get easier? I miss him so freaking much. The 9th will be 5 months since he died.

"Really, my message is simple.
Itís a message of compassion.
In this world that is spinning madly out of control,
we have to realize that weíre all related.
We have to try to live harmoniously."
Ė Woody Harrelson
post #13038 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 10:05 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Someone is blasting music outside ugh.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #13039 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 06:14 AM
I Am Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenw View Post
Kevin
?

post #13040 of 13441 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 10:46 AM
I Am Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenw View Post
Its just music.
Disturbing the peace, people are trying to sleep .

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page