(Support Thread) What's Bothering You Right Now? - Page 652 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #13021 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 11:20 AM
Happy little accidents

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
If his phone is an android device, he can probably connect a USB mouse and keyboard to it pretty cheap. Just needs a powered USB hub with a micro-USB adapter (and a keyboard and mouse, of course). This probably is beside the point that if he refuses to take a free PC though.

He is pretty out of touch with technology and he seemed intimidated with computers and phones so we'll see if this can get worked out. But also it is a touchy issue because it was an unfortunate falling out and it's possible that he wants distance. I don't know, it might take time but I also want to get him connected to email so that we can talk if needed. If the PC offer doesn't work I could try to get his phone set up with a keyboard but that depends if we ever meet up again.

Don't let people treat you like dirt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13022 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 02:34 PM
bipolar

They really need to get rid of that ****wit in the White House. Dangerous to have someone with mental health issues in a position of such power.
post #13023 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 06:05 AM
❤️⭐ Terminator ⭐❤️

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
They really need to get rid of that ****wit in the White House. Dangerous to have someone with mental health issues in a position of such power.
You and me both.

❤️⭐⭐❤️

post #13024 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 09:04 AM
alien monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmCodeMonkey View Post
You and me both.
SAS really stands for Secret Assassin Squad.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #13025 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 10:21 AM
Permanently Banned

Day was off to a toxic start but at least I've learned enough through therapy to not let that kind of person bother me.
post #13026 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 04:37 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Over the past weekish... I think? My anxiety has just been all over the place, racing thoughts a lot.
It’s getting annoying now lol, and the thought of going to work is just... no.
At the moment, especially one place I go because it has a lot of people all the time and is just too much.
Ugh /facepalm
post #13027 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 09:36 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyFlutter View Post
I was looking at an acquaintance’s Instagram, I was confused and upset when I saw there was a picture taken of a panhandler and homeless man who is often seen in this area, he comes in the bar every night to ask the bartender for bills for his change and then he leaves the place. This man doesn’t buy alcohol with the money or anything like that. It seems he is homeless, and it is about survival for him.

It looks like my “friend” took the picture of him while he wasn’t looking and decided to post it on social media with a mocking caption underneath the picture as if a homeless man is “entertaining meme of the day”. I found it demeaning and distasteful...
OTOH, some people never even see homeless people and think of it as a faceless and unfathomable sort of thing that only happens to other people in other places and could never happen to them. Something like that might be the only time some people ever see a homeless person. Regardless of the intent of the person who posted it, it could have unintended impact on others. Such as yourself. You were not laughing even if that person thought it was funny.

And by the way, I have kind of a similar meme on my profile in my album. It's been there for years. I have an enormous amount of compassion and empathy for the homeless. Laughing at a stupid joke does not necessarily mean much in and of itself.

/WYSD
post #13028 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 12:12 PM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
I still hate that this thread is called "Support Thread." I don't want "support." I just want to whine and complain.
post #13029 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 12:55 PM
SAS Member

I was trying to make more ice today but the water ran out in the Brita pitcher. So I put a little bit in the pitcher. Then I poured and saw little flecks of something in the ice tray. Then I realized that it's fungus that got dislodged from the bottom of my pitcher. Ewwww. And I just used that water to make 3 cups of coffee and a cup of water for myself. ��

Trying to think of when's the last time I cleaned that thing.
post #13030 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
OTOH, some people never even see homeless people and think of it as a faceless and unfathomable sort of thing that only happens to other people in other places and could never happen to them. Something like that might be the only time some people ever see a homeless person. Regardless of the intent of the person who posted it, it could have unintended impact on others. Such as yourself. You were not laughing even if that person thought it was funny.

And by the way, I have kind of a similar meme on my profile in my album. It's been there for years. I have an enormous amount of compassion and empathy for the homeless. Laughing at a stupid joke does not necessarily mean much in and of itself.
I found it confusing since he has lived in a neighbourhood populated with the homeless for years, and encounters them everyday. Since this particular homeless man is often seen in the area, many locals know him by name, and in the caption, he referred to him by name as well. My neighbour harassed the same man last week and told me a story about it, it worries me to realize this homeless man (and others) are being harassed, and sometimes targeted by others.

I found it demeaning since I believe every person has inherent value and worth, homeless or not, and deserves to be treated with dignity and respect. Making a mockery out of a person and their plight seems to strip them from that.

Where I live I know how ugly and scary it gets, I talk to locals who have been beaten and assaulted to the point of serious hospitalization. They were targeted due to race, homelessness etc. It’s reality.

No one decides to assault or even kill the homeless (as we see on the news) one day for no reason, it often starts with certain mindsets and attitudes that individuals possesses that leads them behaviourally to do so. I believe we do not need more negative posts circulating on the internet planting seeds of discrimination and dehumanization in society.
post #13031 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 04:31 PM
bipolar

Not a great deal actually.

Must be this medication.
post #13032 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 04:45 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyFlutter View Post
No one decides to assault or even kill the homeless (as we see on the news) one day for no reason
There are a lot of things that people will do for no reason. That is one of them.

/WYSD
post #13033 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 07:41 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Inspired
Fear of failure. Afraid of failing my degree, afraid of failing driving test again and afraid of failing at life in general.
post #13034 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 06:02 PM
SAS Member

Why oh why is my sister so fixated on working from home? She's not disabled and she doesn't have a kid. Just has an old dog that's incontinent. Why does her life have to revolve around a sick old dog that will likely croak in the next year or two? Why can't she find a freaking normal job?

I think she's attempting to rent an apartment of her own in upstate New York ($1,100+ rent) and she's trying to get our dad to pay for the deposit and moving costs (approx $3,000). I have a feeling she has very little income now and most of that is from in person/under the table gigs. She probably thinks once she moves she will be able to focus on "virtual work." Counting her chickens before they've hatched as usual. Oh lord. She doesn't drive so how is she going to get around in some small town? How is she going to pay the rent?
post #13035 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 08:28 AM
Half agony, half hope.

The older I get the more I come to terms with the fact that I'm not okay. My previous therapist when I was around 18 or so made mention of thinking I struggled with complex ptsd....which I don't think is really far from the truth. I'm very closed off emotionally in regards to intimacy & getting to know others. Which isn't to say I lack empathy, but I feel disconnected or like I'm constantly running & dodging people. Almost like I don't/can't allow myself to feel the desire to want....and that sucks. It sucks b/c I'm aware that this wall is there. I was watching a TV show the other night and my mother made mention of the characters not loving her husband (which turned out to be true) when I asked how she knew that, she said something along the lines that some abused people can't love others the same. That resonated with me....b/c I want to love, at some point I do. And I just don't even allow myself the possibility.

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
post #13036 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 01:20 PM
alien monk

I dont understand why they are acting grumpy today and it confuses me...

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #13037 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 03:41 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cheerful
That I'm not living up to love, which would save the world and erase most SAD
post #13038 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 03:55 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cheerful
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaBearx View Post
The older I get the more I come to terms with the fact that I'm not okay. My previous therapist when I was around 18 or so made mention of thinking I struggled with complex ptsd....which I don't think is really far from the truth. I'm very closed off emotionally in regards to intimacy & getting to know others. Which isn't to say I lack empathy, but I feel disconnected or like I'm constantly running & dodging people. Almost like I don't/can't allow myself to feel the desire to want....and that sucks. It sucks b/c I'm aware that this wall is there. I was watching a TV show the other night and my mother made mention of the characters not loving her husband (which turned out to be true) when I asked how she knew that, she said something along the lines that some abused people can't love others the same. That resonated with me....b/c I want to love, at some point I do. And I just don't even allow myself the possibility.

I understand you, and I am sorry to hear that. I dont claim to have experienced what you have, but I understand how being mistreated makes it hard to trust people enough to open up without fear. I guess it helps to go about it slowly and safely- that is, to show kindness in manageable amounts to people who are the most trustworthy, or to start at it anonymously online, etc.

So, let me start- I dont know you, but I hate that anyone suffers, or is prevented from the love they need for happiness. I want you to improve and be happy. Knowing pain, you could have a capacity to love deeper than those who havent really suffered.

I also want to say that I'm not trying to push you or embarrass you. I'm just trying to inspire you a bit.

Do you have any well wishes for me?
post #13039 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 11:07 PM
Trailer Trash Tranny

My Mood: Brooding
Supposed to go to the clinic in about 10 hours to talk to someone about my MH. But when I think about how messed up my life is, and how pointless it will be, all I want to do is put a bullet in my head.

Me: "Yeah, hi, I'm really messed up, and you're not going to be able to help me, so I'm really just wasting everyone's time by being here."

This is one of the main reasons I've never bothered with therapy. If they can't slap MDD or GAD on you and give you some pills they have no idea what to do with you.

The only thing better than money is more money.
post #13040 of 13587 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 11:37 PM
Changeless

My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
Supposed to go to the clinic in about 10 hours to talk to someone about my MH. But when I think about how messed up my life is, and how pointless it will be, all I want to do is put a bullet in my head.

Me: "Yeah, hi, I'm really messed up, and you're not going to be able to help me, so I'm really just wasting everyone's time by being here."

This is one of the main reasons I've never bothered with therapy. If they can't slap MDD or GAD on you and give you some pills they have no idea what to do with you.
I'll be pulling for a shockingly good outcome. I'm sure you know better than I what the odds are but I'll still be thinking of you. Hopefully you'll get someone who will put in an honest effort. Good luck, T.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

"Daisy, may I ask why you're holding Miss Sybil's biscuit jar?"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page