(Support Thread) What's Bothering You Right Now? - Page 650 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #12981 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 01:48 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
I find that in general, I am very averse to repetition. Like the kinds of things that you have to do that suck and you just have to keep doing them over and over and over and over. And there's the thing. They suck the first time you do them and they never stop sucking no matter how many times you do them. And you feel the suckage each and every single, solitary time.

I have a somewhat good tolerance for repetition IF (and only if) it's something that doesn't completely suck the first time I do it.
Psychological torment based on memory and imagination. I'm well versed in this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12982 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 03:40 PM
SAS Member

Mom goes to doctor for a different problem but has a lot of swelling in her stomach and legs. We think it is from the steroids but the doctor sends her to the emergency room. Long story short it is stage 4 cancer and she is expected to die in about a year. I am so broken. I just want to do something but there is nothing I can do to fix this. It hurts and I want it to stop.

"Life's a song. You don't get to rehearse. And every single verse. Can make it that much worse." -Buffy Summers
post #12983 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 12:49 AM
❤️⭐ Terminator ⭐❤️

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Mom goes to doctor for a different problem but has a lot of swelling in her stomach and legs. We think it is from the steroids but the doctor sends her to the emergency room. Long story short it is stage 4 cancer and she is expected to die in about a year. I am so broken. I just want to do something but there is nothing I can do to fix this. It hurts and I want it to stop.
Oh my god, I am so so sorry.

❤️⭐⭐❤️

post #12984 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 06:53 AM
Senior Thread Writer

My Mood: Worried
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaStrange View Post
Sure.
thannnnks!

post #12985 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 06:58 AM
Senior Thread Writer

My Mood: Worried
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1984 View Post
why would it be bad to go there? do you talk to him?
Yeah I talk to him. Because he talks to everyone and is super friendly to all the customers. He's that kind of person. And in my deluded isolated mind that's starved off attention you just latch on to anyone and anything that will pay attention to you! I think every person with social anxiety knows that feel...

And then I'll go down the rabbit hole of deluding myself into thinking *wow someone's actually paying attention/being nice to me for once. There must be some ulterior motive. They probably like me*. Even though that's not the case, they're paid to be nice to everyone. I know that, but my mind doesn't.

But I just urrgh. He even said last time "it's lovely to see you again"... I'm like Can you stop being nice to me it's making it worse urgh!

post #12986 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 01:25 AM
Permanently Banned

Why am I like this...
post #12987 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 12:17 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Inspired
I’m bothered by not knowing my exact purpose of why I’m here. I think I’m lacking direction and when I think I know what I’m working towards, I change my mind and find myself back at square one.
post #12988 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 01:19 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
I’m new on here and not even sure if I’m doing this right but I have been through this same situation you’re in twice in the last two years so if you need an ear or any advice I’m happy to help
post #12989 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 01:34 PM
SAS Member

I think I’m friendly and know a lot of people but I don’t seem to properly connect with any of them and I just feel a bit lonely, like I’m not at the centre of anything
post #12990 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 02:19 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whookam View Post
I知 new on here and not even sure if I知 doing this right but I have been through this same situation you池e in twice in the last two years so if you need an ear or any advice I知 happy to help
Thank you so much, I have no idea what I am doing. I think just saying it out loud or writing it was helpful. So is a kind word from someone like what you just did for me.

"Life's a song. You don't get to rehearse. And every single verse. Can make it that much worse." -Buffy Summers
post #12991 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 02:20 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmCodeMonkey View Post
Oh my god, I am so so sorry.
Thank you very much, having a stranger off the internet care enough to reply is actually a very good feeling.

post #12992 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 03:10 PM
SAS Member

Language: English, Japanese
My Mood: Bored
Quote:
I think I知 friendly and know a lot of people but I don稚 seem to properly connect with any of them and I just feel a bit lonely, like I知 not at the centre of anything
I feel you on that. I have many friends but I still feel like I知 all alone all the time because I simply do not share any interests or hobbies with them, and its been this way ever since I entered high school (I知 post college right now).

Speaker of Japanese, Programmer of Websites, Resident of my Household, Member of the Human Race
post #12993 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 04:13 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Quote:
I’m new on here and not even sure if I’m doing this right but I have been through this same situation you’re in twice in the last two years so if you need an ear or any advice I’m happy to help
Thank you so much, I have no idea what I am doing. I think just saying it out loud or writing it was helpful. So is a kind word from someone like what you just did for me.
Well I’m glad it’s helped even just a little. Talking about it is really helpful so keep doing it if you can! Everyone is different and approaches things differently but you have a year or so which is what my dad had when he was diagnosed and I tried to make the most of it. I also had a really amazing honest talk with him which I recorded and which really comforts me to listen to when I’m missing him.
post #12994 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 04:20 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
Quote:
I think I’m friendly and know a lot of people but I don’t seem to properly connect with any of them and I just feel a bit lonely, like I’m not at the centre of anything
I feel you on that. I have many friends but I still feel like I’m all alone all the time because I simply do not share any interests or hobbies with them, and its been this way ever since I entered high school (I’m post college right now).
glad it’s not just me! I haven’t had a proper group of friends since school. I pick up lots of individuals along the way from jobs or hobbies but I have no solid base and they feel transient. It’s exhausting and I struggle to find the energy to constantly make new friends and be sociable. It just feels like everyone found their clan at some point and I missed the boat 🚣‍♀️ Do you not meet friends through your hobbies? What are you in to?
post #12995 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 04:31 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
I don't know how to express my sorrow to the people of Hong Kong. I'm so sorry all this is happening, it isn't fair, you've been very brave.
post #12996 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 11:47 PM
SAS Member

The fact that the only thing I look forward to when I open my eyes every morning is watching Friends. Sounds depressing but it痴 literally the only thing keeping me going right now.

Always Be Yourself, Everyone Else Is Already Taken
post #12997 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 02:52 AM
Permanently Banned

We're meeting but is it really hanging out or is it a date? I know it's best to play it by ear and have no expectations but I wish I knew the context...
post #12998 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 09:45 AM
Don
Fupa King

Language: English
I think I've reached a point where maybe I just need to accept that I'm always going to be anxious and awkward in all social situations no matter how much I try and practice and expose myself socially. Can't even really look people in the eyes. My mind is forever neurotic as hell, and I'm tired of trying to fix that so I can be socially accepted. Maybe I need to try medication again. I just hate talking to my doctor about this stuff. My doctor prescribed me zoloft a couple years ago but I quit earlier than I should have because I was worried it was altering my demeanor in weird ways and not helping.

Life's Wack
post #12999 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 11:40 AM
Permanently Banned

Not sure I want to meet this guy anymore. I don't really have a feel for his personality other than self-hatred and having no drive to better himself. Even as meeting someone with the intention of just being friends, that isn't someone I want to be around. We have the same situation but I don't want to commiserate. I want to DO something about it.
post #13000 of 13613 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 06:25 PM
Take Good Care

burnt my tongue on my dinner and the inside of my left nostril is sore. It's that annoying feeling when you have sinus pressure built up on one side and have a cold on top of it, so your nose is dry inside and just feeling raw from sneezing and stuff. I don't get the drastic change in temperature weather wise but I sure get those seasonal colds. lol

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page