(Support Thread) What's Bothering You Right Now? - Page 629 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #12561 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 12:04 AM
Russian Modster

My dog has a small wound on his cheek from when the husky bit him (over a treat, they're so dramatic). I've been keeping it clean, but he re-opened the scab today scratching with his back leg (I call him the yoga dog because he's very stretchy) as I noticed a spot of blood forming under the fur and matting it.

I'm back to cleaning it again and he's been licking his face, or trying to, his tongue going as far back as he can manage. It's kind of funny but also not. He'll rub his face on the carpet too. He can smell the peroxide and alcohol I'm sure, and it's probably itchy. It's frustrating trying to make him stop. The instructions from the vet online was to trim the hair but it's not getting into the wound (the hair on his face is short) and I feel like it's covering it so it's not exposed, sort of like a breatheable bandaid. I don't want to trim it and expose the wound more and as it's not impeding its healing. It's also not that big of a wound where I have to worry too much about trimming the hair around it.

I'm fussing so much because it's not a scratch, it's a bite wound so it's a puncture, and it's important it stays clean and heals properly. It's just frustrating I can't just slap a bandaid over it.

♡ ❤ :: Yesterday's a closing door//You don't live there anymore//Say goodbye to where you've been//And tell your heart to beat again ::♡ ❤

Попроси у облаков
Подарить нам белых снов
Ночь плывет и мы за ней
В мир таинственных огней
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12562 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 12:51 AM
SAS Member

Think I irritated my bro. Being too friendly. I just figured, you're sitting around playing with your balls doing nothing, might as well invite you to go have a few beers, play some video games, or go for a hike. Maybe a couple times a week was too much. Isolationist mother****as. You know what I think it is? *****. It's all anybody I know bases their life on anymore. If they don't constantly have a girl they must be gay, and you're definitely gay if you have good male friends. Nobody wants to do anything unless there is a girl or two anymore, even if all they are trying to do is get up in 'em. smh.

post #12563 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 04:56 AM

@A Toxic Butterfly

Vets usually fit one of those plastic protective dog collars to stop dogs using their hind legs to scratch face.

Tongue, not sure how they stop that. Maybe they give them something (spray) to stop it itching?

But with what you put on, not sure how it would react if tried a spray to prevent itching.

post #12564 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:02 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Exist View Post
I don't think I'm always nice. Just most of time.
Haha.

@Mondo_Fernando I'm a cool loser.
post #12565 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater View Post
I'm a loser. Can't wait to get my 3 days off so I can just hide away.
You arent a loser. At all. You are an awesome possum.

"Drifting and autocross is for the weak. We only do maximum velocity." - Unknown

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

"Respect is a two way street, not a one way road. Give it and receive it." - Anonymous
post #12566 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 11:13 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistylake View Post
Back on this site after several years away.
Found this post I made back in 2013 and sadly realized I could have written it today:

Whenever I meet someone I feel I click with I get high expectations with the possibility of making good friends with them, then the moment I realize that the feeling isn't mutual (or not at the same level), I get extremely disappointed and it sends me into a downward spiral of depressive self loathing and that's when I give up on trying to make friends altogether and start becoming avoidant.
I can't understand why I cannot connect with anyone on a deep level unless we're romantically involved. My long term gf is the only close friend I have and all my past relationships were like that.

Many years later I still haven't made any progress regarding this problem. I do have "friends" and an active social life, but still feel unable to connect and often feel lonely as hell.
Similar here, but i'm not trying hard enough tho. don't know if i even want to.

welcome back =)
post #12567 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater View Post
@Mondo_Fernando I'm a cool loser.

Cool person.
post #12568 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 02:18 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Toxic Butterfly View Post
My dog has a small wound on his cheek from when the husky bit him (over a treat, they're so dramatic). I've been keeping it clean, but he re-opened the scab today scratching with his back leg (I call him the yoga dog because he's very stretchy) as I noticed a spot of blood forming under the fur and matting it.

I'm back to cleaning it again and he's been licking his face, or trying to, his tongue going as far back as he can manage. It's kind of funny but also not. He'll rub his face on the carpet too. He can smell the peroxide and alcohol I'm sure, and it's probably itchy. It's frustrating trying to make him stop. The instructions from the vet online was to trim the hair but it's not getting into the wound (the hair on his face is short) and I feel like it's covering it so it's not exposed, sort of like a breatheable bandaid. I don't want to trim it and expose the wound more and as it's not impeding its healing. It's also not that big of a wound where I have to worry too much about trimming the hair around it.

I'm fussing so much because it's not a scratch, it's a bite wound so it's a puncture, and it's important it stays clean and heals properly. It's just frustrating I can't just slap a bandaid over it.
Reading that was actually sort of soothing. It was just like when I call my wife in the evening and she tells me all about what's happening with her dog.

I've asked her a few times if she wants me to buy her another one but she says one is enough now. Having two before was quite a bit more work, although it was nice to have them around. (usually)

This was Charlie yesterday - it's a bit hard to get a good photo of his face. I sort of prefer the blond labs - but he's a good little bloke.

post #12569 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 02:40 PM
SAS Member

Language: Anglais
The fact I need to stretch my legs from this cardboard box I've been planted into. I need to breath god dam you all to hell.
post #12570 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 04:22 PM
Russian Modster

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Reading that was actually sort of soothing. It was just like when I call my wife in the evening and she tells me all about what's happening with her dog.

I've asked her a few times if she wants me to buy her another one but she says one is enough now. Having two before was quite a bit more work, although it was nice to have them around. (usually)

This was Charlie yesterday - it's a bit hard to get a good photo of his face. I sort of prefer the blond labs - but he's a good little bloke.

Aww, he's a cutie! I love those big faces. My uncle raises black labs, he actually just got his first yellow one a few years back and loves her to bits. She's a clunky girl, big feet and sliding all over the place like she's still a puppy. She stepped all over me last time I visited (I was on the air mattress when she came in the room I was staying in). Very sweet dogs though.

Two are fun, but they are a bit to handle. If I was on my own it'd be overwhelming. My dog is doing better today, leaving it alone mostly.

@Mondo_Fernando thanks I forgot about those plastic cones! I was thinking since it's on his face he couldn't reach it, but after he managed to scratch it open, it would come in handy. Since he's leaving it be today though, I don't think I'll have to use it.

♡ ❤ :: Yesterday's a closing door//You don't live there anymore//Say goodbye to where you've been//And tell your heart to beat again ::♡ ❤

Попроси у облаков
Подарить нам белых снов
Ночь плывет и мы за ней
В мир таинственных огней
post #12571 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Toxic Butterfly View Post
@Mondo_Fernando thanks I forgot about those plastic cones! I was thinking since it's on his face he couldn't reach it, but after he managed to scratch it open, it would come in handy. Since he's leaving it be today though, I don't think I'll have to use it.
You're welcome.

Ok.

With cone idea, I did initially forget too. Then racking the brain a bit I remembered a dog having one in the past and was trying to remove it.
post #12572 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 07:14 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmCodeMonkey View Post
You arent a loser. At all. You are an awesome possum.
Aww, awesome possum. I like that.
post #12573 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 10:33 AM
your dads girlfriend

My Mood: Sleepy
@scooby has never eaten a bagel or cinnamon roll before. I’m highly disturbed.

pretty when I cry
post #12574 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 11:00 AM
green and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyandRage View Post
@scooby has never eaten a bagel or cinnamon roll before. Iím highly disturbed.

I don't believe in bagels, sorry. Nor do I believe in cinnamon rolls.
post #12575 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 11:14 AM
your dads girlfriend

My Mood: Sleepy
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby View Post
I don't believe in bagels, sorry. Nor do I believe in cinnamon rolls.
I donít believe in you.

pretty when I cry
post #12576 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 11:28 AM
green and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyandRage View Post
I donít believe in you.

I've known this for years.
post #12577 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:16 PM
Retired Bingo Cook

My Mood: In Love
I cannot stand myself and my stupid life. Nobody likes me, nobody cares, nobody will ever love me. I don't know why I even continue I can't do anything.

BOOM! Goes The Dynamite
post #12578 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 04:04 PM
Retired Bingo Cook

My Mood: In Love
I cannot stand my life I hate myself. I'm such a waste and do not deserve love or happiness.

BOOM! Goes The Dynamite
post #12579 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 04:38 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckg2011 View Post
I cannot stand my life I hate myself. I'm such a waste and do not deserve love or happiness.
It's easy to become accustomed to this sentiment. We don't really deserve bad things.
post #12580 of 13105 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:52 AM
Persona Non Grata

My Mood: Worried
Have to speak with my boss as I am unhappy with my current work situation. Very uneasy about it and really donít know how to approach it. She isnít the easiest person in the world to communicate with and I feel like I am going to be judged/penalized because we just had a meeting where corporate told us a nice bonus will be coming our way at the end of the year and it was done with much fanfare and excitement, especially from my boss. Basically we are all supposed to be happy and upbeat now and if I question things, I am guessing it wonít go well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page