(Support Thread) What's Bothering You Right Now? - Page 623 - Social Anxiety Forum
 
Thread Tools
post #12441 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 04:23 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,175
Overthinking everything is one of my problems. Like thinking someone is using me and they’re probably not. (Unless they’re really good and I am right but idk)

Thats the problem, I keep going back and forth and then I stress out which in turn makes me depressed because I start feeling like maybe I am just a play thing to entertain you while you’re dealing with whatever it is you’re dealing with. And this is with anybody, even friends.

I’m really fearful of being used because I’ve been taken advantage of by a lot of people throughout my life.

So maybe overthinking has become a defense mechanism?
Ekardy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12442 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 04:25 PM
Greasy prospector
 
blue2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The salty spitoon
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,837
My Mood: Lurking
My cats breath smells like catfood 😞






And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
blue2 is online now  
post #12443 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 04:49 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Birmingham, Uk
Language: Can complain in all languages
Gender: Male
Age: 24
Posts: 4,889
My Mood: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
My cats breath smells like catfood 😞
I'm so sorry to hear this
3stacks is offline  
 
post #12444 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:56 PM
...
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 17,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekardy View Post
Overthinking everything is one of my problems. Like thinking someone is using me and they’re probably not. (Unless they’re really good and I am right but idk)

Thats the problem, I keep going back and forth and then I stress out which in turn makes me depressed because I start feeling like maybe I am just a play thing to entertain you while you’re dealing with whatever it is you’re dealing with. And this is with anybody, even friends.

I’m really fearful of being used because I’ve been taken advantage of by a lot of people throughout my life.

So maybe overthinking has become a defense mechanism?
With SA we can pickup on fake behaviour.

People that use others are good at mirroring good peoples behaviour, but can't keep it up for long. Also can be highly aggressive or sweet to get their way, don't like criticism.

Sometimes we with SA get confused between what is genuine good behaviour, what is fake good behaviour, as even fake good behaviour can make one feel better sometimes, especially if been isolated a lot.

The key is not to wear your heart on your sleeve (show a business face) and only open up once you know them better.

People that use others look for caring behaviour (willing to give a little, help others), being emotional (know they can get a rise / emotion out of you), naivety (use their experience in an area against you with issues) which comes from being isolated and lack of life experiences.
Mondo_Fernando is offline  
post #12445 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 01:10 AM
SAS Member
 
Flora20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In an eternal garden..
Gender: Female
Posts: 654
My Mood: Tired
That my life feels empty, wish there was someone that understood me....
Flora20 is offline  
post #12446 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 03:35 AM
SAS Member
 
Tetragammon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Utah, USA
Language: English, ちょっとだけ日本語, Java, C#
Gender: Male
Age: 35
Posts: 1,248
Today I remembered that I had a dream about skin-picking last night. I haven't even thought about picking consciously for years now -- and yet it still shows up in my dreams out of the blue, as if my subconscious desperately wants my favorite maladaptive coping mechanism for generalized anxiety disorder back. Dammit.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." -Ayn Rand
Tetragammon is offline  
post #12447 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 03:40 AM
Broke boy
 
TheForestWasDark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 718
Day 2 no nicotine and starting to feel a bit kooky. Perhaps I do need to taper off rather than go cold turkey, as it's supposed to get worse on day 2 and 3.. Nah mind over matter although chocolate is certainly something that has been keeping me sane..(**goes to grab an Oh Henry snack bite for early morning dopamine purposes**)
TheForestWasDark is offline  
post #12448 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 03:46 AM
The Meditator
 
Suchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Planet Namek, Australia
Language: Enlgish
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 5,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForestWasDark View Post
Day 2 no nicotine and starting to feel a bit kooky. Perhaps I do need to taper off rather than go cold turkey, as it's supposed to get worse on day 2 and 3.. Nah mind over matter although chocolate is certainly something that has been keeping me sane..(**goes to grab an Oh Henry snack bite for early morning dopamine purposes**)
Suchness is offline  
post #12449 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:03 AM
Broke boy
 
TheForestWasDark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
this may be the shortest, most effective gem hiding on youtube.

"therapists hate him.. offers direct, prose motivation in fashion. Shia Labeouf should take notes"
TheForestWasDark is offline  
post #12450 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:09 AM
Self-absorbed but it's ok
 
SorryForMyEnglish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Language: Bad English
Gender: Agender
Posts: 1,190
My Mood: Dead
I just feel really sad, depressed and hopeless and I can't even explain why publically. I don't even know what person it would have to be to share it in private conversation with them. It's hearbreaking, honestly.

Sorry for not currently replying to your posts addressed to me. I will do that later (hopefully in a few days) because now I can't Please, don't take it personally because you have nothing to do with it.
SorryForMyEnglish is offline  
post #12451 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:20 AM
...
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 17,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora20 View Post
That my life feels empty, wish there was someone that understood me....


Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryForMyEnglish View Post
I just feel really sad, depressed and hopeless and I can't even explain why publically. I don't even know what person it would have to be to share it in private conversation with them. It's hearbreaking, honestly.
Mondo_Fernando is offline  
post #12452 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:36 AM
Broke boy
 
TheForestWasDark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 718
a heavy ambience is coming from the pouring rain and chirpy birds..and that car that just drove by... gonna have to put on headphones before I scream into this pillow.. Why is my hair so itchy...
TheForestWasDark is offline  
post #12453 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:57 AM
Self-absorbed but it's ok
 
SorryForMyEnglish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Language: Bad English
Gender: Agender
Posts: 1,190
My Mood: Dead
@Mondo_Fernando thanks

Sorry for not currently replying to your posts addressed to me. I will do that later (hopefully in a few days) because now I can't Please, don't take it personally because you have nothing to do with it.
SorryForMyEnglish is offline  
post #12454 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:59 AM
...
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 17,529
@SorryForMyEnglish

You're welcome.
Mondo_Fernando is offline  
post #12455 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 02:56 PM
SAS Member
 
Steve French's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Where Dreams Go to Die
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Posts: 2,493
I went to go apply for a job. I knew that this place used an application system, so I left my resumes. Turns out they abandoned the application system and went back to resumes. I was left standing there stuttering like an idiot and quickly made an exit. I looked like a total *******. Not sure I can go back. And it was a great location and work I would actually be interested in too.


Also, this whole event completely threw off my carefully planned schedule for the day.



Steve French is offline  
post #12456 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 06:27 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo_Fernando View Post
With SA we can pickup on fake behaviour.

People that use others are good at mirroring good peoples behaviour, but can't keep it up for long. Also can be highly aggressive or sweet to get their way, don't like criticism.

Sometimes we with SA get confused between what is genuine good behaviour, what is fake good behaviour, as even fake good behaviour can make one feel better sometimes, especially if been isolated a lot.

The key is not to wear your heart on your sleeve (show a business face) and only open up once you know them better.

People that use others look for caring behaviour (willing to give a little, help others), being emotional (know they can get a rise / emotion out of you), naivety (use their experience in an area against you with issues) which comes from being isolated and lack of life experiences.
Thank you
Although it will be difficult since I am a heart on my sleeve kind of person but yea makes sense, I get it.
Ekardy is offline  
post #12457 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 06:51 PM
...
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 17,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekardy View Post
Thank you
Although it will be difficult since I am a heart on my sleeve kind of person but yea makes sense, I get it.
You're welcome.
Mondo_Fernando is offline  
post #12458 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 11:08 PM
SAS Member
 
PurplePeopleEater's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Fagonard
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,803
My Mood: Crappy
There is nothing to look forward to in life. It's pointless.
PurplePeopleEater is offline  
post #12459 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 11:10 PM
Samityville Horror
 
SamanthaStrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Purgatory
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater View Post
There is nothing to look forward to in life. It's pointless.
I feel the same way.

Now I'm Nothing
SamanthaStrange is offline  
post #12460 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 11:14 PM
The Meditator
 
Suchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Planet Namek, Australia
Language: Enlgish
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 5,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForestWasDark View Post
a heavy ambience is coming from the pouring rain and chirpy birds..and that car that just drove by... gonna have to put on headphones before I scream into this pillow.. Why is my hair so itchy...
That was interesting.
Suchness is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New poll: Trump's support has doubled Cletis Society & Culture 155 09-17-2015 12:12 PM
3 great ways to manage social anxiety Starter Triumphs Over Social Anxiety 0 01-15-2011 05:35 AM
New York City Social Support for Social Anxiety Cool Calmness Support Groups 6 12-08-2010 09:16 AM
You Are Accepted Caedmon Spiritual Support 2 07-03-2009 08:39 PM
Pants Anxiety Support LilyFair Just For Fun 18 11-08-2005 08:24 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome