(Support Thread) What's Bothering You Right Now? - Page 623 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #12441 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 04:23 PM
SAS Member

Overthinking everything is one of my problems. Like thinking someone is using me and they’re probably not. (Unless they’re really good and I am right but idk)

Thats the problem, I keep going back and forth and then I stress out which in turn makes me depressed because I start feeling like maybe I am just a play thing to entertain you while you’re dealing with whatever it is you’re dealing with. And this is with anybody, even friends.

I’m really fearful of being used because I’ve been taken advantage of by a lot of people throughout my life.

So maybe overthinking has become a defense mechanism?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12442 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 04:25 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
My cats breath smells like catfood 😞

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #12443 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 04:49 PM
Permanently Banned

Language: Can complain in all languages
My Mood: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
My cats breath smells like catfood 😞
I'm so sorry to hear this

post #12444 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekardy View Post
Overthinking everything is one of my problems. Like thinking someone is using me and they’re probably not. (Unless they’re really good and I am right but idk)

Thats the problem, I keep going back and forth and then I stress out which in turn makes me depressed because I start feeling like maybe I am just a play thing to entertain you while you’re dealing with whatever it is you’re dealing with. And this is with anybody, even friends.

I’m really fearful of being used because I’ve been taken advantage of by a lot of people throughout my life.

So maybe overthinking has become a defense mechanism?
With SA we can pickup on fake behaviour.

People that use others are good at mirroring good peoples behaviour, but can't keep it up for long. Also can be highly aggressive or sweet to get their way, don't like criticism.

Sometimes we with SA get confused between what is genuine good behaviour, what is fake good behaviour, as even fake good behaviour can make one feel better sometimes, especially if been isolated a lot.

The key is not to wear your heart on your sleeve (show a business face) and only open up once you know them better.

People that use others look for caring behaviour (willing to give a little, help others), being emotional (know they can get a rise / emotion out of you), naivety (use their experience in an area against you with issues) which comes from being isolated and lack of life experiences.
post #12445 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 01:10 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
That my life feels empty, wish there was someone that understood me....
post #12446 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 03:35 AM
SAS Member

Language: English, ちょっとだけ日本語, Java, C#
Today I remembered that I had a dream about skin-picking last night. I haven't even thought about picking consciously for years now -- and yet it still shows up in my dreams out of the blue, as if my subconscious desperately wants my favorite maladaptive coping mechanism for generalized anxiety disorder back. Dammit.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." -Ayn Rand
post #12447 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 03:40 AM
Broke boy

Day 2 no nicotine and starting to feel a bit kooky. Perhaps I do need to taper off rather than go cold turkey, as it's supposed to get worse on day 2 and 3.. Nah mind over matter although chocolate is certainly something that has been keeping me sane..(**goes to grab an Oh Henry snack bite for early morning dopamine purposes**)
post #12448 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 03:46 AM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForestWasDark View Post
Day 2 no nicotine and starting to feel a bit kooky. Perhaps I do need to taper off rather than go cold turkey, as it's supposed to get worse on day 2 and 3.. Nah mind over matter although chocolate is certainly something that has been keeping me sane..(**goes to grab an Oh Henry snack bite for early morning dopamine purposes**)
post #12449 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:03 AM
Broke boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
this may be the shortest, most effective gem hiding on youtube.

"therapists hate him.. offers direct, prose motivation in fashion. Shia Labeouf should take notes"
post #12450 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:09 AM
Self-absorbed but it's ok

Language: Bad English
My Mood: Dead
I just feel really sad, depressed and hopeless and I can't even explain why publically. I don't even know what person it would have to be to share it in private conversation with them. It's hearbreaking, honestly.

Sorry for not currently replying to your posts addressed to me. I will do that later (hopefully in a few days) because now I can't Please, don't take it personally because you have nothing to do with it.
post #12451 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora20 View Post
That my life feels empty, wish there was someone that understood me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryForMyEnglish View Post
I just feel really sad, depressed and hopeless and I can't even explain why publically. I don't even know what person it would have to be to share it in private conversation with them. It's hearbreaking, honestly.
post #12452 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:36 AM
Broke boy

a heavy ambience is coming from the pouring rain and chirpy birds..and that car that just drove by... gonna have to put on headphones before I scream into this pillow.. Why is my hair so itchy...
post #12453 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:57 AM
Self-absorbed but it's ok

Language: Bad English
My Mood: Dead
@Mondo_Fernando thanks

Sorry for not currently replying to your posts addressed to me. I will do that later (hopefully in a few days) because now I can't Please, don't take it personally because you have nothing to do with it.
post #12454 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:59 AM

@SorryForMyEnglish

You're welcome.
post #12455 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 02:56 PM
SAS Member

I went to go apply for a job. I knew that this place used an application system, so I left my resumes. Turns out they abandoned the application system and went back to resumes. I was left standing there stuttering like an idiot and quickly made an exit. I looked like a total *******. Not sure I can go back. And it was a great location and work I would actually be interested in too.

Also, this whole event completely threw off my carefully planned schedule for the day.

post #12456 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 06:27 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo_Fernando View Post
With SA we can pickup on fake behaviour.

People that use others are good at mirroring good peoples behaviour, but can't keep it up for long. Also can be highly aggressive or sweet to get their way, don't like criticism.

Sometimes we with SA get confused between what is genuine good behaviour, what is fake good behaviour, as even fake good behaviour can make one feel better sometimes, especially if been isolated a lot.

The key is not to wear your heart on your sleeve (show a business face) and only open up once you know them better.

People that use others look for caring behaviour (willing to give a little, help others), being emotional (know they can get a rise / emotion out of you), naivety (use their experience in an area against you with issues) which comes from being isolated and lack of life experiences.
Thank you
Although it will be difficult since I am a heart on my sleeve kind of person but yea makes sense, I get it.
post #12457 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekardy View Post
Thank you
Although it will be difficult since I am a heart on my sleeve kind of person but yea makes sense, I get it.
You're welcome.
post #12458 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 11:08 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
There is nothing to look forward to in life. It's pointless.
post #12459 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 11:10 PM
Samityville Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater View Post
There is nothing to look forward to in life. It's pointless.
I feel the same way.

Now I'm Nothing
post #12460 of 13180 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 11:14 PM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForestWasDark View Post
a heavy ambience is coming from the pouring rain and chirpy birds..and that car that just drove by... gonna have to put on headphones before I scream into this pillow.. Why is my hair so itchy...
That was interesting.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page