(Support Thread) What's Bothering You Right Now? - Page 592 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #11821 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 02:08 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
Why was the line so long?
Most other places are closed at midnight plus it was a Saturday night so.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11822 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 10:28 AM
I Am Second

Lose dogs running in my yard

post #11823 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 04:57 PM
SAS Member

Language: English.
I'm not complaining here or anything. This is just one of things that bother me. I support people through their troubles..... however when it comes to me, people don't seem to support me. They sort of dessert me and it makes me depressed. Not everyone does this either but the people who I thought was my friends which ended up disappointing me in the end. I've been told that I should stand up for myself and not allow people to take me for granted. Sometimes I guess I'm scared to say anything because of my anxiety being so high, but I know I should be doing this. So I'm trying to work on my self esteem lately so that I can speak up and not allow people to walk over me anymore. It's just that, things have been very hard for me lately and I feel so mentally drained. So this is something I'm planning on working on now, so I no longer feel like this.

"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." ~Tori Amos

post #11824 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 05:14 PM
Permanently Banned

Language: Can complain in all languages
My Mood: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSam218 View Post
I'm not complaining here or anything. This is just one of things that bother me. I support people through their troubles..... however when it comes to me, people don't seem to support me. They sort of dessert me and it makes me depressed. Not everyone does this either but the people who I thought was my friends which ended up disappointing me in the end. I've been told that I should stand up for myself and not allow people to take me for granted. Sometimes I guess I'm scared to say anything because of my anxiety being so high, but I know I should be doing this. So I'm trying to work on my self esteem lately so that I can speak up and not allow people to walk over me anymore. It's just that, things have been very hard for me lately and I feel so mentally drained. So this is something I'm planning on working on now, so I no longer feel like this.
I know that feeling. Seems like I always get abandoned and it makes me wonder what's wrong with me. Some people just use us when they need and aren't bothered about our feelings. I guess it's better to not bother with those people.
post #11825 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 05:34 PM
bipolar

It's a shame they can't make a medication for bipolar that doesn't have side-effects. For ages I didn't think this was doing much to me but now when I take it it makes me sleepy and drained. Always falling asleep on the train etc - it's embarassing and not very nice to have no energy.
post #11826 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckg2011 View Post
I don't deserve love or happiness of any kind. I am pathetic.

I don't believe that to be true, unless you have done something very very wrong...
post #11827 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 06:28 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin001 View Post
Lose dogs running in my yard
You could be their new owner
post #11828 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 06:50 PM
I Am Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGlad View Post
You could be their new owner
I'll set traps

post #11829 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 10:30 AM
SAS Member

The problem is books are most fun to read late at night, and I can't stay up late because I gotta get up at 5AM to go to military.

“Honest to God, Bill, the way things are going, all I can think of is that I'm a character in a book by somebody who wants to write about somebody who suffers all the time.” ― Kilgore Trout

"I need to die" - Anonymous
"I'm just like...blaaaah. Effort? WTF is that? hahahaha" - Anonymous
"Love is a luxury" - Astron92
"One day you will look back at your life and you will only see your computer." - Nilufar
post #11830 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 07:31 PM
Permanently Banned

Was concerned that @tea111red wäs upset at loud exhausts. So have been looking for ways to lower the db but increase flow on my car.

Maybe that might make her feel better, but not sure.
post #11831 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 08:56 PM
SAS Member

Money troubles. I'm pretty broke and finding alternative sources of income has proven difficult. I applied for a line of credit to be able to shift some of my debt to a lower interest, but the bank has been awful about communicating with me so who knows when that might come in.

I'm trying to fix myself here, but the supports provided are often out of my reach, and it's mostly because of funding. I might be considered permanently and significantly disabled in this socialized healthcare system, but it doesn't quite shift the needle to making things easy and accessible.
post #11832 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 10:44 PM
Pesky Pessimist

I lost counts in how many times this has happened. Most of the times I voice my concerns to her against being told to do something, she always brushes off my concerns because I am stupid and competent to know what I'm talking about, because she knows and is better than me in anything, in her own words. So I had to do them despite knowing it is gonna blow up in my face as I suspected. And of course, that is usually what happens exactly. When it does, she will tell me for being too incoherent and not articulated enough in voicing my concerns to her in a way she could understand. And that I am being too uncommunicative. So all of this is my fault every time it happens. Pretty much, in her mere attempts at defending herself, she goes as far as to twisting them into attacks against me. Now I'm riddled with quite a few likely long standing problems to stress about thanks to her. What's frustrating and maddening is I've tried so many thing to the best of my ability to avoid this, but to no avail, because I am just too incompetent for my words and opinions to matter.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #11833 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 02:45 AM
Stoicism / ACT / CFT

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
It's a shame they can't make a medication for bipolar that doesn't have side-effects. For ages I didn't think this was doing much to me but now when I take it it makes me sleepy and drained. Always falling asleep on the train etc - it's embarassing and not very nice to have no energy.
It sucks . I have only ever taken antidepressants, but any kinds of fatigue side effects I always hated.

Cost benefit analysis though I guess, and seems to be worth it for you to continue. Are there any other meds that can be added to help with the side effects?
post #11834 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 02:54 AM
Stoicism / ACT / CFT

Am struggling with fairly acute OCD now, cos last night. Trying to live a normal life, be a normal person, have a normal relationship with someone I care about immensely and OCD pops up to sabotage. Isn't even remotely fair, but there we go. For whatever reason I got lumbered with this brain. To be stoic about it, probably better I did than some other poor ****.

In other news, marks back for the first semester.

Research Methods 1: Quantitative - 75%, Qualitative -65%, average 70% = distinction
Personality and Individual Differences - 72% = distinction
Social Psychology - 68% = merit
Developmental Psychology - 68% = merit
Cognitive & Biological Psychology - 55% = pass.

Quite proud of myself, cos at MSc level, struggling with OCD, seasonal depression, and a woman.
post #11835 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 02:59 AM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
It sucks . I have only ever taken antidepressants, but any kinds of fatigue side effects I always hated.

Cost benefit analysis though I guess, and seems to be worth it for you to continue. Are there any other meds that can be added to help with the side effects?
I'm slightly embarassed to say but I don't actually know Bob. I was just mentioning to @komorikun that I went to a GP today and she's going to put in a referral for me to find a new psychiatrist. My old one retired a couple of years ago. I've just been going on and off this medication since then. I've found it very difficult coming to terms with living here on my own - I think it's taken all my energy just to deal with that until now. But that's getting a bit easier.

I'll get onto it now though and actually make an effort to find someone new that can help me. For a long time I didn't even believe I had bipolar but I believe it now - it's not possible to explain away the feelings I have, especially when I stop the pills. Plus of course the full-blown mania before.
post #11836 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 03:00 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniman View Post
Was concerned that @tea111red wäs upset at loud exhausts. So have been looking for ways to lower the db but increase flow on my car.

Maybe that might make her feel better, but not sure.
lol, it's ok since you're not my neighbor.

that's nice you are trying to be more thoughtful, though. the motorcycle guy here just got more rude.

probably an interesting learning experience trying to lower the db but increase flow, no?
post #11837 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 03:03 AM
Permanently Banned

@SplendidBob

Impressive mate.

Onwards and upwards as they say..
post #11838 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 03:20 AM
Stoicism / ACT / CFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
I'm slightly embarassed to say but I don't actually know Bob. I was just mentioning to @komorikun that I went to a GP today and she's going to put in a referral for me to find a new psychiatrist. My old one retired a couple of years ago. I've just been going on and off this medication since then. I've found it very difficult coming to terms with living here on my own - I think it's taken all my energy just to deal with that until now. But that's getting a bit easier.

I'll get onto it now though and actually make an effort to find someone new that can help me. For a long time I didn't even believe I had bipolar but I believe it now - it's not possible to explain away the feelings I have, especially when I stop the pills. Plus of course the full-blown mania before.
Yeh, from what you have posted before (times you have gone off your meds) it seems like you are better on them, but def worth looking into anything else that can improve quality of life re their sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniman View Post
@SplendidBob

Impressive mate.

Onwards and upwards as they say..
Thanks fella. Yeh, been a bit of an ordeal heh, but the first semester came out ok in the end.
post #11839 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 03:20 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea111red View Post
lol, it's ok since you're not my neighbor.

that's nice you are trying to be more thoughtful, though. the motorcycle guy here just got more rude.

probably an interesting learning experience trying to lower the db but increase flow, no?
Ok.

Sorry to hear that.

Just pipe size, mufflers used. Like can run two smaller pipes to make it quieter, flow better and gives more mid range torque without loss of top end hp.

It is equal to one bigger pipe flow wise that is always louder.

Like this car is running a dual pipe setup with around 700hp at the wheels, but is running on E85 (similar to methonal) fuel -

My car is no where near that hp wise, but shows what can be done.

My car is like the yellow car, less hp but built for cornering -

post #11840 of 14223 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 03:30 AM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
Am struggling with fairly acute OCD now, cos last night. Trying to live a normal life, be a normal person, have a normal relationship with someone I care about immensely and OCD pops up to sabotage. Isn't even remotely fair, but there we go. For whatever reason I got lumbered with this brain. To be stoic about it, probably better I did than some other poor ****.

In other news, marks back for the first semester.

Research Methods 1: Quantitative - 75%, Qualitative -65%, average 70% = distinction
Personality and Individual Differences - 72% = distinction
Social Psychology - 68% = merit
Developmental Psychology - 68% = merit
Cognitive & Biological Psychology - 55% = pass.

Quite proud of myself, cos at MSc level, struggling with OCD, seasonal depression, and a woman.
Good on you Bob, glad you made it through first semester. That would be hard - even without the OCD and depression. And women are usually a bit tricky too in my experience. (sorry that just slipped out)

I sometimes think I'd like to try and go back to do some more study - would probably be a good idea to get on top of my problems first though, or at the very least stay on the bloody medication.

I didn't even start my degree until I was about 37 - so going back at 60 doesn't really bother me. No-one would even notice I was there anyway. One of the (only) benefits of getting older.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page