(Support Thread) What's Bothering You Right Now? - Page 590 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #11781 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 04:08 AM
Stoicism / ACT / CFT

Language: English
There isn't a clique.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11782 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 04:11 AM
Permanently Banned

Sssh, the clique will get angwee.
post #11783 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 05:50 AM
Permanently Banned

I'm a clique of one. And no one else will be invited either. Ever.

post #11784 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 05:57 AM
Permanently Banned

I'm Sparticus and that is really bothering me.
post #11785 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 02:06 PM
aldehyde dehydrogenaser

Language: Luuvvvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barakiel View Post
I guess I've been going through an existential crisis realizing that the way things are going, I'm simply not going to learn a second language or become a successful musician. It's awful seeing job openings looking for someone who's bilingual knowing I've had all these years to study Spanish. It's getting to the point where I can't watch musicians on Youtube because I'm too envious of anyone who's proficient in any instrument (hopefully it doesn't get to the point where I simply can't listen to music anymore ).

Unfortunately none of this motivates me to practice any of those things properly. I've been playing this saxophone I'm renting 30 minutes to an hour at the most, which I suppose is better than nothing but that's certainly not going to lead to proficiency anymore than using Duolingo will lead to fluency. It's a 'baby step', which is all I've taken my whole life.

Also, I'll most likely never know for sure whether I passed up a chance to be with someone, and that should be a good reason not to dwell on it, but I've been doing a poor job avoiding doing just that lately, and I can't help but feel like I'm never going to have an opportunity for a romantic relationship ever again.
You could always do full immersion when it comes to a second language. In my opinion, that's how languages are learned- in context, in speech and dialogue. Try listening to songs in a second language. There's all of the above, context, syntax, vocab, phrases and expressions. I'm starting to sound like a phrase book so Ill stop. And maybe put this here, just for amusement, granted it's Cuban accent, but not like it really matters https://youtu.be/EU3oYFv7yto

You're young, you can retain a lot of knowledge yet..

-semi wannabe linguist
post #11786 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 03:22 PM
your dads girlfriend

Language: English
My Mood: Sad
lulz when u forget to turn back on invisible mode.

weve moved on now
but if Im honest
I am still
a little bit
in love
with all the ways
we were.
post #11787 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 04:36 PM
aldehyde dehydrogenaser

Language: Luuvvvv
I don't know where to put this. I have felt so blah lately, like I have no life whatsoever, nothing intelligent to say. This leaves me with watching a lot of trash TV, esp TLC where I watch the morbidly obese with an even more morbid sense of curiosity and the attention which, to a sane person, would just be the exploitation of people's struggles. Anyway. I wish I could eat this whole thing of store-bought baklava, but it tastes like it's been sitting on the shelf for months and the insides are all welded together and possibly over baked. I saw bits of bariatric surgery. Not at the same time. That is all I can contribute to a conversation.

Edit: this baklava contains no honey. Am even more disappointed.
post #11788 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 10:22 PM
alien monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by coeur_brise View Post
I don't know where to put this. I have felt so blah lately, like I have no life whatsoever, nothing intelligent to say. This leaves me with watching a lot of trash TV, esp TLC where I watch the morbidly obese with an even more morbid sense of curiosity and the attention which, to a sane person, would just be the exploitation of people's struggles. Anyway. I wish I could eat this whole thing of store-bought baklava, but it tastes like it's been sitting on the shelf for months and the insides are all welded together and possibly over baked. I saw bits of bariatric surgery. Not at the same time. That is all I can contribute to a conversation.

yeah similar (i mean everything before baklava lol). i went out for a walk today, and that's kind of an achievement for unknown reasons. i mean it's meant to be better than watching a series on my laptop, but idk why it would really be better. pretty much anything is like that. a better paying job/more hours would supposedly be better but i'm pretty sure it'd end up bad or no better. maybe i'm just really risk-averse? same goes for my living situation, i don't like it here, but does better exist. and if it really could be better, is it really better? maybe all i can do now is tolerate everything that exists. everything feels flat and empty. except for passive-aggressiveness. that's pretty much become a constant.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #11789 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:55 AM
Retired Bingo Cook

My Mood: Sad
Feeling overwhelmed and hopeless. I lost my job and I don't think I will be able to find another one. I am so stupid and I feel horrible.

Making The Choice To Ride BMX Is An Opportunity To Become Infinitely Better At Something, There Is No Ceiling To Hit In The Realm Of Freestyle BMX.
post #11790 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 05:10 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
My mother's delusions have gone to the next level. She somehow saw a youtube video where someone was talking that nonsense about wifi causing cancer or "health problems" or whatever it is they claim (which I know is 99.999% BS and the rest is probably coincidence at best).

Now she is convinced that wifi and cell phones and pretty much anything electronic is bad for you. It's just so random. I mean, my mother doesn't even know how a toilet works but somehow she is convinced that some nutcase on youtube knows something the people who design and understand cell phones and wifi don't.

Now she won't even turn her cell phone on. I have tried everything to bring her back into reality but she's not having it. She just keeps on. She's started telling anyone who will listen what she believes and sooner or later she's going to start telling the neighbors and they're going to think she's gone batty (she has but still).

It's just.....I don't know. Seems like every time I turn around she's picked up some different kind of delusion that she won't drop. I just wonder how long it will be before she's completely out of touch with reality.

/WYSD
post #11791 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:08 PM
Permanently tired

My Mood: Worried
My boss is a fookin cock! I seriously can't stand working with him anymore. It's like everyday he has to find some small mistake to put me in the spot about, and doesn't seem to do that with anyone else. He's gotten passive-aggressive now, because he smiles at me and says hello when I come in and my friend is there but starts that **** again when he leaves. I'd love to tell him off most of all... if I wasn't so afraid of being fired.

"So many resources keep me alive
Yet I don't even step outside
So many sacrifices keep me alive
Yet I don't even bother to survive."

"If you think we waste too much then you can sacrifice yourself
Don't push your values
Push your values
Onto the crowd."

Mili
post #11792 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:21 PM
alien monk

ug went back to dating site, sent message, got reply. nothing bad right? but i feel regret, why bring this judgement into my life? her profile says she wants someone with a fulltime job but my job is part time. lol. does that mean if i work over 30 hours next week she will want me... but if i work 29... idk why i feel so annoyed by it. i ought to be pumping out messages. but i try and stop at one. it's possible i just don't even want this, just convinced myself that i do. i feel weird about relationships now. maybe it's just my thing to wait out the rest of my life to die alone.

any i'm wasting my time thinking about it which bothers me. i never do anything. i just come home, go on the internet and idk what i do then. go into a trance for hours. then the time is gone and the next day comes. everything bothers me.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #11793 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:59 PM
All Time Cute

i have a crush on my boss which obviously cant happen
i still love my ex which obviously cant happen
i cycle between wanting to date seriously to wanting something casual to wanting nothing at all
debt from student loans and my car
probably an alcoholic
post #11794 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 11:29 PM
nothing

what if i end up needing a root canal? i'd rather just never go to the dentist ever again

post #11795 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 11:45 PM
No Blood for Politics

My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by coeur_brise View Post

maybe stay away from words that begin with 'b'? (blah, baklava, bariatric etc) Try 'c' words instead and see if that helps?.....seriously, hope today is better.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

"Daisy, may I ask why you're holding Miss Sybil's biscuit jar?"
post #11796 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 12:41 AM
Permanently Banned

Language: Wookiee
Lifting weights is ten times harder than cardio, but it takes a lot longer to get results.
post #11797 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 08:09 AM
Permanently An Idiot

My Mood: Lurking
She's back with her dickhead t**t of an ex again. I watched her life fall apart - anorexia got worse, he was clingy and controlling, uninterested in anything but her, used her as a babysitter, she lasted three days living with him before she dumped him last June. And yet he hung around (is stalked too strong a word?) until she finally blocked him late last year. And now they're back together again.

And she posts it on Facebook and her friend - who knows how much she absolutely needs to be away from him - posts 'Congratulations' and a happy cheering gif. Why can't people just be ****ing honest about these things?! He's a dick, she knows he's a dick, everyone knows he's a dick. But Valentine's Day goes by and she's single, Mother's Day's coming up and she's childless, her job isn't going exactly the way she wants... so she'll settle for a dick. And then turn around and tell me that she doesn't judge my relationships, just to really dig the knife in since she knows full damn well that I haven't had a sniff of romantic attention my entire life. **** you, sis. Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamars47 View Post
I can relate to this so much. I still live with my mother so im trying to keep my distance from her as much as possible nowadays. What do you feel has worked for you?
I live with mine too and nothing works, so I'm not really in a position to give you advice. Sorry.

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning
post #11798 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 12:22 PM
Gangsta Crayon

I'm having a ****ty day. I was minding my own business when a customer told me I look sick today. I'm so ****ing tired of women insulting me. I've been getting picked on so much recently and I have no idea. What did I do to deserve these horrible insults?
post #11799 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 01:20 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater View Post
I'm having a ****ty day. I was minding my own business when a customer told me I look sick today. I'm so ****ing tired of women insulting me. I've been getting picked on so much recently and I have no idea. What did I do to deserve these horrible insults?

Some people do that. I had a women do something like that running by (clothing), another at a store (eyebrows), etc.

Maybe she was concerned?

But it depends on the tone of how it was said, facial expressions, etc. If do it with a smirk (smile to be friendly is different to a smirk), then it would be being mean.

Sometimes people say things as might not recognize it (bringing it to your attention). Or speaking out loud.

It doesn't matter how one looks, always get judged on looks.

Just got to see if can change it.

If not, ignore it.

and move on.
post #11800 of 13972 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 01:43 PM
Permanently Banned

I've probably been too open with my new friend and overshared, and driven her away. Could be anything though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page