(Support Thread) What's Bothering You Right Now? - Page 552 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #11021 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 11:04 AM
Bone Hurting Juice

Language: English
My Mood: Pensive
how stupid the average human being is and how easily they are duped into being controlled by "influential" players in politics and economics

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

"Don't get the impression that you arouse my anger. You see, one can only be angry with those he respects."
- Richard Nixon

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"
- Eric Idle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11022 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 01:26 PM
Worthless Garbage

My Mood: Lonely
My brother just came home and seemed so offended that I was standing in the kitchen with my mom having a snack. Then he starts to talk to her and completely ignores me. So I just walked away. It always happens and makes me feel like crap.
post #11023 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 04:59 PM
Take Good Care

I don't belong anywhere. Why TF am I even here. Again with the mental pressure, I am simply incapable of making my own decisions without there being severe repercussions. According to those around me, I need someone to run my life for me because that's all I've ever been told.

My own family has brought me down my whole life telling me I just can't do the things that I want to. All my life I just wanted one thing that was mine. It's like a collective consciousness in this place, everything must be known and shared and raided and I have to give everything I have. Lesson learned, I am a hopeless child who must always put others first. I am nothing.

post #11024 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 05:05 PM

Language: Interpretive dance
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Toxic Butterfly View Post
I don't belong anywhere. Why TF am I even here. Again with the mental pressure, I am simply incapable of making my own decisions without there being severe repercussions. According to those around me, I need someone to run my life for me because that's all I've ever been told.

My own family has brought me down my whole life telling me I just can't do the things that I want to. All my life I just wanted one thing that was mine. It's like a collective consciousness in this place, everything must be known and shared and raided and I have to give everything I have. Lesson learned, I am a hopeless child who must always put others first. I am nothing.

Your presence is needed here
post #11025 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 05:05 PM
SAS Member

Quote:

Nope. F**k them. Whatever decision you've made, if it is your decision, it's the right one. You are not nothing.

post #11026 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 05:32 PM
SAS Member

Let's all hug A Toxic Butterfly She always help us out. {She did with me}
Don't feel like you don't belong Butterfly Nor believe you are a hopeless child

Made in China using Tapatalk
post #11027 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 05:50 PM
Tired

terribly low self-efficacy
post #11028 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 06:13 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisigv View Post
My brother just came home and seemed so offended that I was standing in the kitchen with my mom having a snack. Then he starts to talk to her and completely ignores me. So I just walked away. It always happens and makes me feel like crap.
Sorry to hear.
post #11029 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 07:25 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
terribly low self-efficacy
Put music on, work to beat, get it done.

Some motivation -

You can get it done mate.
post #11030 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 07:29 PM
(K)Joe + Joi

Quote:

I appreciate you being here. Sorry things aren't better with your family.

"Even when you're hopeless, hope is all you have." - Fear The Walking Dead

"The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to." - Carl Sandburg
post #11031 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 08:22 PM
Take Good Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistix View Post

Your presence is needed here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy123 View Post
Nope. F**k them. Whatever decision you've made, if it is your decision, it's the right one. You are not nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun Spirit View Post
Let's all hug A Toxic Butterfly She always help us out. {She did with me}
Don't feel like you don't belong Butterfly Nor believe you are a hopeless child
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomoon View Post
I appreciate you being here. Sorry things aren't better with your family.
Oh wow thank you guys, very much. really means a lot. ♡
post #11032 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 08:52 PM
♎Mackinac Island Fanatic

My Mood: Crappy
Meanwhile, in r/ForeverAlone (AKA, the sub for people with supposedly the lowest/no standards--"If she has a pulse, I'll date her!")...

1. Why you complaining, then? Jeez. Would think he'd be relieved not to have to deal with disgusting whales.

2. Just like your lovely thread showed us super ugly fat b****es our place on this Earth. Great feeling, isn't it?

3. You might think that attitude of horrendous disgust toward certain members of the opposite sex doesn't show IRL, but trust me, unless you're some kind of super-skilled social chameleon (and obviously, most users in this sub are not), it shows. It's like a cigarette stink you can't get out of your clothes. You can't smell it because you're so used to it, but others can catch a whiff here and there. You just assume they're reacting to your self-perceived ugliness...

4. If I see the phrase "just world fallacy" one more time, I'm going to puke. Unfortunately, the male mod there tosses it out like every other comment. It and that stupid 20/80 or 80/20 rule or whatever the hell it is account for like 80% of the "logic" there.

I can imagine what the upvote/downvote ratio and comments would be like if someone of a different gender (say...me) had posted that last comment...the whole thread would have been locked or deleted by now. (Ostensibly because, according to the male mod, "This type of thread will just attract brigades from r/AskReddit, so I better remove it for our own safety." When there is exactly zero evidence of such things ever happening, and the only "brigading" is from hateful members of r/ForeverAlone...whose own comments are often left standing when such threads are removed/locked.)

EDIT:

Yep...cheerful joking definitely would NOT have been the reaction if, say, I had made that comment, instead of OP.

Male mod has since replied to the thread. Only one comment (the original "super ugly fat b****es" one) has been removed. Didn't even remove OP's second reference to "super ugly fat b****es." And of course, male mod had no problem with the thread itself. Or with the OP's hypocrisy, which, if I had started the thread, would've earned me the label of "not a true FA!"

EDIT:

That first comment breaks the sub rule against inflammatory comments that generalize any group of people, including the genders. Male mod doesn't mind. He also doesn't mind "jokingly" parroting hated memes which are also against sub rules. (Interestingly...male-oriented advice such as "Just shower," "Just get your hair cut," and "Just work out" is expressly criticized/forbidden in a rules thread and any time a "normie" "brigades" the sub to say it...while female-oriented advice such as "Just lose weight," "Just wear makeup," and "Just get on Tinder" is not forbidden, and is widely accepted.)

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #11033 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 09:12 PM
Born Of Blotmonaū

Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
My Mood: Cynical
People. Iím lonely as **** but lord knows itís easier for me to be alone than it is to be consistently lonely in company which is how I always feel around others
post #11034 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 10:05 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Guy fell off some stairs and I insisted we move him which is always a no no ugh. Just a bad decision on my part.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #11035 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 11:10 PM
Retired Bingo Cook

My Mood: Sad
So tired of everything. I am worthless.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #11036 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 11:23 PM
SAS Member

Tired and worried and stressed about my cards expiring and having to go get them renewed...

I don't wanna exist
post #11037 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 11:29 PM
Permanently Banned

@tehuti88

Read it.
post #11038 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 08:12 AM
Retired Bingo Cook

My Mood: Sad
I feel so lonely and sad, so sad.

Making The Choice To Ride BMX Is An Opportunity To Become Infinitely Better At Something, There Is No Ceiling To Hit In The Realm Of Freestyle BMX.
post #11039 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 09:20 AM
Permanently tired

My Mood: Worried
Even though I was supposed to be improving, I'm only feeling increasingly dysfunctional as a human now. It is like a big black void that is pulling me into complete misery, no matter what I do. As Osamu Dazai would have put it, I feel "disqualified as human"...

Ever since I started taking my first steps into the working world, I've seen even more just how eager others are to take advantage of someone and how I am immediately seen as the perfect target. My parents ended up getting a W-2 form for me in the mail from the Subway I only worked two days in (before I got fired) and I never even got a paycheck from that place.

I seem to already be turning into a buttmonkey for my current boss, getting forced by him to leave when it gets slow even though I know it is in my right to stay. He also still hasn't given me my paycheck, so I don't know if him forgetting it will be a consistent thing, but probably since I can't stand up for myself worth ****. Because I am that passive, I keep thinking it will turn into an extremity such as "I'm going to end up working there for 3+ months and not having gotten a single paycheck...I'll end up working for free." It's painful having the backspine of a sludge.

Last night it felt like my coworkers were being very demeaning, one of them telling me "I'm going to teach you how to clean.", and repeating "Clean it like you would your house." even though pretty much all I do is wipe the same counters over and over when it gets slow and there is nothing else to do, like restocking. They made me clock back in after I said I was leaving, in order to keep cleaning, even though I knew it was in my right to say no and still go home. It seems they just didn't want the manager getting mad at them for it, but I was trying to clean after myself even before they were saying anything, and they weren't helping out with much of anything. I didn't have that much time to while still trying to focus on preparing drinks and bagging the food. I really am going to keep being used and stepped over increasingly badly from now on, huh...

This night shift is awful and I absolutely hate it, but I may not have any choice but to be completely switched over to it due to it being more convenient when I start school. (And being able to be dropped off and picked up more by my family) It's a shame, because I will only get one hour of work with my friend, with these hours, and he and some of my other coworkers are the only ones that made this job any bearable, I was really starting to warm up to them..

"So many resources keep me alive
Yet I don't even step outside
So many sacrifices keep me alive
Yet I don't even bother to survive."

"If you think we waste too much then you can sacrifice yourself
Don't push your values
Push your values
Onto the crowd."

Mili
post #11040 of 13625 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 03:39 PM
SAS Member

I logged in hoping that someone would have left me a message and found nothing. Logging off.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page