(Support Thread) What's Bothering You Right Now? - Page 101 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #2001 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 11:20 AM
permanently unwanted

My Mood: Bitchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand View Post
Feel lonely.
And really, no point in reaching out to other "lonely" people on this site. Or anyone. But people on here want to talk about how no one cares about them, yet when someone tries reaching out, they blow them off. Okay then.
I post about being lonely a lot, but I've also been in those moods where even when someone reaches out to me I just feel like I have no idea how to talk to them. Sometimes it's hard when you've spent so much time being isolated, and you feel like you have nothing to talk about, or your anxiety is up when talking to new people. I mean, we all have social anxiety after all, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2002 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 11:23 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Feel lonely.
And really, no point in reaching out to other "lonely" people on this site. Or anyone. But people on here want to talk about how no one cares about them, yet when someone tries reaching out, they blow them off. Okay then.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #2003 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 11:24 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANX1 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7flrKMGfwjw

Thank you for being there in the hard times.
That used to be my song lol. You always have good taste in music

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome

post #2004 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 11:28 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaStrange View Post
I post about being lonely a lot, but I've also been in those moods where even when someone reaches out to me I just feel like I have no idea how to talk to them. Sometimes it's hard when you've spent so much time being isolated, and you feel like you have nothing to talk about, or your anxiety is up when talking to new people. I mean, we all have social anxiety after all, lol.
I'm the same way, but it still makes me not want to bother reaching out to people on here. When I actually make an effort (trying with multiple people) and it gets nowhere it's like "What's the point?" But I guess can't get through their anxiety/depression wall, or maybe they just don't want friendship with me particularly for some reason. Oh well.

Not singling anyone out. This happened with a few different people.
post #2005 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 11:44 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Twisted
At least people reach out to you guys. Truth be told, two great people have reached out to me. So it's not like I can sit here and say no one ever did.

You're Winner!
post #2006 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 11:46 AM
GIT

Quote:

Also, do you really want to listen to another persons **** when you feel ****ty yourself?

Personally I don't want to listen to others peoples ****, too much.

It can be easier to listen to other peoples **** though in person, and if you can feel a small connection with the person and break up the depressing talk with doing fun stuff, it can be a lot easier.

On here it feels like most people are from the other side of the pond as well, so talking to them online is all that can be hoped for really, and I need real people in my life.

I'm lonely, but I need people I can actually meet in real life, and these people have to accept certain things about me like being unemployed and nearly 40 ffs. The odds of this happened are low, although I did manage to get a 25 year old woman to live with me for about 3 months recently, and I had a really good time for the most part, so must remain hopeful. lol
post #2007 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 11:55 AM
GIT

Quote:
I'm the same way, but it still makes me not want to bother reaching out to people on here. When I actually make an effort (trying with multiple people) and it gets nowhere it's like "What's the point?" But I guess can't get through their anxiety/depression wall, or maybe they just don't want friendship with me particularly for some reason. Oh well.

Not singling anyone out. This happened with a few different people.
Its a pain in the arse trying to get to know people, especially SA people who are avoidant and can come with all sorts of other issues too.

I thought when I first started using SA forums, that I could meet someone who would get me etc, and I did, but she's got other issues that complicate things, and so have I, like being unemployed.

I did manage to meet her though and live with her and live a normal life, doing all sorts of fun stuff that normal people do.

However, I've tried to meet multiple people before from here and SAUK, but people back out, for obvious reasons.

Sometimes, I think the only way is to get out there and become normal, because there's plenty of fish in The Sea of Normality, and it's a dying pond here and SAUK.
post #2008 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 11:55 AM
permanently unwanted

My Mood: Bitchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Beale View Post
Also, do you really want to listen to another persons **** when you feel ****ty yourself?

Personally I don't want to listen to others peoples ****, too much.

It can be easier to listen to other peoples **** though in person, and if you can feel a small connection with the person and break up the depressing talk with doing fun stuff, it can be a lot easier.

On here it feels like most people are from the other side of the pond as well, so talking to them online is all that can be hoped for really, and I need real people in my life.

I'm lonely, but I need people I can actually meet in real life, and these people have to accept certain things about me like being unemployed and nearly 40 ffs. The odds of this happened are low, although I did manage to get a 25 year old woman to live with me for about 3 months recently, and I had a really good time for the most part, so must remain hopeful. lol
Depending on my mood, I don't mind listening. It gives me a break from my own problems for a while. As long as someone is not expecting me to solve their issues... I mean, I can't even solve my own.
post #2009 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 12:06 PM
GIT

Quote:
Depending on my mood, I don't mind listening. It gives me a break from my own problems for a while. As long as someone is not expecting me to solve their issues... I mean, I can't even solve my own.
lol

I find it easier in person like I said, and you can sort of bond and feel better about sharing issues, but it must be broken up with doing fun stuff at the same time.

I find just talking online can get boring, because there's so much missing and you're limited to what you can do.

I'd have messaged you the other day if I'd found out that you lived on my island.

Turns out you don't though, so what's the point if you can't meet up in person? :/

I can't really afford to waste anymore time getting to know people I can't meet. :/
post #2010 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 12:15 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Its a pain in the arse trying to get to know people, especially SA people who are avoidant and can come with all sorts of other issues too.

I thought when I first started using SA forums, that I could meet someone who would get me etc, and I did, but she's got other issues that complicate things, and so have I, like being unemployed.

I did manage to meet her though and live with her and live a normal life, doing all sorts of fun stuff that normal people do.

However, I've tried to meet multiple people before from here and SAUK, but people back out, for obvious reasons.

Sometimes, I think the only way is to get out there and become normal, because there's plenty of fish in The Sea of Normality, and it's a dying pond here and SAUK.
I figured the only way I'd find people who "get me" and "accept me" would be on this site. Yet even when I met someone here in person, they didn't understand my anxiety issues. But I still want to hold out hope there is someone out there, maybe some friendships too. And really, if I met someone I clicked with I would probably meet in person after talking a while. Push myself. Make connections.

And I don't complain much, especially to people I talk to on here personally. My depression has improved, and I know no one wants to listen to constant complaining. It's toxic. I try to contribute positively to people's lives.

It's more talking about other things - hobbies/interests, daily life, etc. Trying to find someone who also has anxiety to connect with. I don't mind comforting people either, as long as they actually talk to me about other things as well. I get anxiety and depression, but it feels like you're being rejected when you try to reach out and no response or it seems they don't want to talk to you.
post #2011 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 12:32 PM
GIT

Quote:
I figured the only way I'd find people who "get me" and "accept me" would be on this site. Yet even when I met someone here in person, they didn't understand my anxiety issues. But I still want to hold out hope there is someone out there, maybe some friendships too. And really, if I met someone I clicked with I would probably meet in person after talking a while. Push myself. Make connections.

And I don't complain much, especially to people I talk to on here personally. My depression has improved, and I know no one wants to listen to constant complaining. It's toxic. I try to contribute positively to people's lives.

It's more talking about other things - hobbies/interests, daily life, etc. Trying to find someone who also has anxiety to connect with. I don't mind comforting people either, as long as they actually talk to me about other things as well. I get anxiety and depression, but it feels like you're being rejected when you try to reach out and no response or it seems they don't want to talk to you.
All you can do is keep trying!

I'm a 39 year old unemployed bloke from England, who's up for actually living and not hiding away like a damn terrified hermit, if you happen to live in my neck of the woods btw.

You're probably a young student from Cali though, knowing my luck lol
post #2012 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 12:35 PM
Permanently Banned

@Grand

Thank you for reaching out to me, it's much appreciated.

A for you to feel better.

@Kevin001

Then you might like this song -

Always makes me cry as it's true.

@Scrub-Zero

post #2013 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 12:39 PM
GIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub-Zero View Post
At least people reach out to you guys. Truth be told, two great people have reached out to me. So it's not like I can sit here and say no one ever did.
We just gotta keep going and see what happens.

I know I'm capable of being a good friend partner to people/someone, but my lack of money, even though I ain't broke, is the main issue.

If I could remove financial pressures, I'd be much more confident and feel a whole lot better.
post #2014 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 12:44 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
All you can do is keep trying!

I'm a 39 year old unemployed bloke from England, who's up for actually living and not hiding away like a damn terrified hermit, if you happen to live in my neck of the woods btw.

You're probably a young student from Cali though, knowing my luck lol
20-something-year-old American here.

Yeah, no one here lives close to me either. I live in a nothing state in a small town, but meh.

Really, I was probably just meant to be alone. Losing energy to bother online, and finding someone in person, well... aha, that's not happening.
post #2015 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 01:09 PM
GIT

Quote:
20-something-year-old American here.

Yeah, no one here lives close to me either. I live in a nothing state in a small town, but meh.

Really, I was probably just meant to be alone. Losing energy to bother online, and finding someone in person, well... aha, that's not happening.
ff bloody s.

I'd love to meet a nice 20 something from America, what bloke wouldn't?

Where roughly do you live?

At least with England you can still be a few hours away max from anywhere, and I forget how vast America is. Texas is bigger than the entire UK alone I believe.

Your brain probably wont allow you to give up that easily if it's like mine. I'm nearly bloody 40 and I'm still here. so you've got plenty of time to be driven up the wall by your need to socialize I'm afraid.
post #2016 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 01:31 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
We just gotta keep going and see what happens.

I know I'm capable of being a good friend partner to people/someone, but my lack of money, even though I ain't broke, is the main issue.

If I could remove financial pressures, I'd be much more confident and feel a whole lot better.
It's the main issue for a lot of us here on this site. If I had the funds, I'd be traveling right now, not wasting time in a basement living with my sister and her family.

Living here is fun I won't deny, but it's not my calling.

Good luck with finding someone though. You seem like a cool dude, so I'm sure you will.

You're Winner!
post #2017 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 01:36 PM
GIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub-Zero View Post
It's the main issue for a lot of us here on this site. If I had the funds, I'd be traveling right now, not wasting time in a basement living with my sister and her family.

Living here is fun I won't deny, but it's not my calling.

Good luck with finding someone though. You seem like a cool dude, so I'm sure you will.
I'd love to spend the rest of my days travelling.

You get over certain anxiety issues, but still can be left with other issues that keep you trapped.

Thanks mate. I wish you all the best as well!
post #2018 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 04:54 PM
Nefelibata

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANX1 View Post
Feeling down, crying.

Miss Persian (cat) turns up and makes me happy again.

Thank you Miss Persian for being there through the hard times.
Mr Rainbow would like to join Miss Persian

I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.
✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧
─ Anas Nin
post #2019 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Permanently Banned

@Lohikaarme

Not sure how Miss Persian would act around Mr Rainbow and vice versa.

But thank you for sharing Mr Rainbow.
post #2020 of 13244 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 06:41 PM
SAS Member

Having a bit of a panic attack right now. This sudden feeling of loneliness came over me and I have harder time breathing and am nervous. Thought I'd shut that down with music, but it made me feel even more isolated.

You're Winner!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page