Stupid cashier refused to give me my money back - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Stupid cashier refused to give me my money back

I bought a sweater and a watch. When I was paying for my stuff, the dumb cashier put my bag next to a woman's bags. He didn't wait until the woman in front of me gathered her bags. So she accidentally took mine and left. I would have to say that it's partially my fault for not keeping an eye on my stuff?? But that's because I was busy paying the cashier. Then I looked and well hey my stuff is not there. I asked where my stuff went. The cashier told me that my friend took it? I was with my friend and I saw he only had what he bought. That's when I realized the woman accidentally took my stuff. I told the cashier what happened and he looked scared. He should be because it was his fault. He asked me if I wanted to go back to get the same items I paid for. I told him no. The woman got my stuff for free. I want my money back. I had to get the manager to tell the guy to give me my money back. I explained to the manager what happened and he scolded the cashier and I got my money back. This is not the first time I fought with a cashier. Some don't give a flying **** about being unfair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 10:39 AM
Aesthetically Challenged

My Mood: Goofy
Yeah, good for you for standing up for yourself. But try to be considerate, maybe the cashier was nervous; so it wasn't his fault either (unless he was an outright jerk and refused to give your money back. I'm guessing he just didn't know the store's policy). Anybody here who has worked in customer service know's what it's like to screw up. So I would go easy on the guy.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 10:48 AM
I am average!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe26 View Post
Yeah, good for you for standing up for yourself. But try to be considerate, maybe the cashier was nervous; so it wasn't his fault either (unless he was an outright jerk and refused to give your money back. I'm guessing he just didn't know the store's policy). Anybody here who has worked in customer service know's what it's like to screw up. So I would go easy on the guy.
This. If I worked as a cashier I would have no idea what to do.

It could be a perfect plan to steal something, or you could have just be unlucky. How is the cashier supposed to know?

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 11:56 AM
SAS Member

If he looked scared he was probably...scared, nervous, flustered. It can be hard to think on the spot when faced with an odd or unexpected situation. Poor guy. I don't quite understand what's wrong with the proposal he made you? (assuming he wasn't charging you twice, right?) What point are you making by refusing to leave with the items you wanted?
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 12:25 PM
SAS Member

And that is one of the reasons why you bag the items when the customer is paying with a card or after they've paid with cash.
And why you hand the items to their hands when they're done... Or at least stay a little organized and keep things separated.
So many cashiers are so lost in their own worlds.
He was probably told that he needed the reciet and the items to accept returns, and didn't know how to handle the situation.

Embrace the glorious mess that you are
Elizabeth Gilbert

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 01:48 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Scared
Man some **** is always happening to you lol.. You should go live in the mountains or something!
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 03:21 PM
Socializing with myself

Language: Created my own language for context
I don't think that's an accident, the person's attention was controlled, and perceiving during that specific time to cause tension and friction all done by Gov's hybrid quantum supercomputers, they did that to me in Target late Aug 2014, but in a different way, so I can avoid purchasing new straight jeans and wear the same old jeans, but I grew a few inches, then I managed to hit my left testicle and my motor skills were clumsy for a specific week during Sept 2014.

It happened before in late 2011 at the mall, while going to a shoe store, I told the guy that I wear size 17/16.5, and he claims that I wear size 15 when he saw my feet, then I overheard him having a conversation with a customer about his shoe size 13 and my feet, then a female employee handed me a size 17 and looking at me in a funny way, as I tried it on it felt conformable, but I was born disproportionate, so I need two different sizes for my feet.

This nonsense has been happening to me since I was a little kid, they made the people think I don't speak English, and my primary language is English, cause I'm explaining my experiences articulately using real concepts and they have difficulties grasping it, that's why my school psychologist diagnosed me as having Speech and Language Impairment. This is worse than people who is diagnosed as Schizo.

Signature Under Construction - Be back very soon to update knowledge!

In the meantime. I'll perfect my writing techniques.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 03:33 PM
Permanently Banned

Maybe he thought you and the woman were scheming together? Working in retail I can only imagine the tricks people will pull to rip off stores.

But you did right getting the manager. Guy needs to learn to keep the bags separate from each customer.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 03:39 PM
Permanently Banned

It's your money and you need it now!

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 03:46 PM
SAS Member

I don't get it.....the cashier made a mistake (human), looked nervous, and offered you new items and you are somehow still upset? Get over yourself. People are starving and dying of horrible illnesses all around the world. This is why I hate retail. Entitled, self-righteous customers....
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 03:52 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oread View Post
I don't get it.....the cashier made a mistake (human), looked nervous, and offered you new items and you are somehow still upset? Get over yourself. People are starving and dying of horrible illnesses all around the world. This is why I hate retail. Entitled, self-righteous customers....
^^ This

It was a simple mistake.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Well damn. You totally dismissed the fact that the cashier didn't want to give me my money back. Title of my thread. How can you miss that? You only pointed out his mistake so that I would seem like the only one who's the jerk. Either mention my entire post or don't answer. You only mentioned half of it. I see what you're doing here.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 05:23 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farideh View Post
Well damn. You totally dismissed the fact that the cashier didn't want to give me my money back. You only pointed out his mistake so that I would seem like the only one who's the jerk. Either mention my entire post or don't answer. You only mentioned half of it. I see what you're doing here.
" He asked me if I wanted to go back to get the same items I paid for."

I don't understand why you would need your money back if your items were being replaced. Your anger makes no sense to me.... Everyone is free to refer back to your short post and re-read lol, not a whole lot to miss. It sounds like the fact that the cashier was nervous gave you a sense of power you don't normally experience, and you came here to brag about it.
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 05:35 PM
Permanently Banned

post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
" He asked me if I wanted to go back to get the same items I paid for."

I don't understand why you would need your money back if your items were being replaced. Your anger makes no sense to me.... Everyone is free to refer back to your short post and re-read lol, not a whole lot to miss. It sounds like the fact that the cashier was nervous gave you a sense of power you don't normally experience, and you came here to brag about it.
Wow. It sure is your goal to call out douchebaggery, for behind reinforcing social norms (don't act like a douchebag), deterring others from breaking those norms (if you do act like a douchebag, you will be called on it) and most importantly, provide the glimmers of a safe space for the victims (in event of douchebaggery, some of us have your back.) You're pathetic. Goodbye.
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 06:21 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Wow. It sure is your goal to call out douchebaggery, for behind reinforcing social norms (don't act like a douchebag), deterring others from breaking those norms (if you do act like a douchebag, you will be called on it) and most importantly, provide the glimmers of a safe space for the victims (in event of douchebaggery, some of us have your back.) You're pathetic. Goodbye.
huh?
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 06:53 PM
SAS member

My Mood: Lonely
Sorry, I don't see why it is his fault. You should watch your own stuff, you asked "what happened" but accuse the guy for putting the bags too close, since you did not what happened how you know this was the case ? They might have been apart but the other woman stole it.
You were too busy paying but you only had to watch over ONE bag, ONE, something you can do even with peripheral vision.

- I now issue the call, are you ready to fight
Fight all together as one for the right to be free once again
Tonight we will win

I can see by the look that you have in your eyes
You came here for metal, to fight and to die
Defenders of Steel now we are home

Fight for the kingdom bound for glory
Armed with a heart of steel
I swear by the Brothers who stand before me
To no man shall I kneel
Their blood is upon my steel
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 08:05 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
He's not the only, most people on this thread think the cashier did nothing wrong. Why would you need your money back when you could have gotten your items? You wont answer that question. You just wanted to be difficult.
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 08:22 PM
Geese

Location: The place where everything is trying to kill you (Australia)
My Mood: Relaxed
I don't understand why you didn't go and get replacement items.

Your 100% in anything, even if you're not the best at it, is a success.
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 04:56 AM
SAS Member

I would like the full context of it, but I'd say you're in the right here from what I read.

If there is an item that is missing and you got the receipt, there there should be a refund no questions asked. How the cashier was so stubborn, it escalated to the managers intervention is beyond me. It's like he was trolling you, so you'd be robbed.
Him telling you to get the item back doesn't make sense either. Why does he need to forcibly make you buy something? Last time I remember, cashiers don't make sales commissions.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page