Someone cut a phone line - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Someone cut a phone line

I have been having a heck of a time connecting to the internet when the modem starts to negotiate there is a bad crackling on the line. I can hear it coming out of the computer speakers. It is not at my house but between my house and the server. It even does it from my office at work. I tried another ISP but it was the same. Luckily, the other ISP has to have you connect to submit your payment. The guy gave me a string to type in the modem properties to get me connected. I called the other ISP and they didn't even do this. They told me it was my problem, and I should call the phone company. The problem is I don't have the monopoly phone company, I am with another company. Michigan allows choice for local phone service. I don't know who I should call to complain, the lines are SBC's. I was dreading I would have to sign up for the cable interenet with Charter. I just hate them. There customer service sucks. I just don't want to deal with them. If you don't see me in here very often, thats because I have unreliable service. Hopefully, enough people will complain.

troll: man, we got a lot of snow
yooper: eh?
troll: three feet, man!
yooper: yah
troll: no school, man, it was sweet
yooper: you closed school for three feet of snow?!?!??!?
troll: you like excessive punctuation, don't you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 02:46 PM

I feel for you as a fellow 'dial-upper'. My phone lines are crud around here. I've had constant issues with the external lines going bad due to their age and the squirrels that like to chew on them.

All I can tell you is to call your phone company and chew someone a new one. Here, SBC and ATT merged and we don't get a choice for local unless we go with one of those services that you see advertized on TV

I thought about cable as DSL isn't available in my area yet (all around me but not in my particular area ) but the cost is prohibitive.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page