Social anxiety progressively getting worst. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2020, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Amused

Social anxiety progressively getting worst.

Yup now this pandemic hit and its been the worst it has been. I am having so much low self esteem.

Social anxiety is indeed a living nightmare and a curse to say the least. I wouldnt even wish it on my enemies because it is literal torture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2020, 05:10 AM
SAS Member

i relate to what you say
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 10:44 AM
SAS Member

I don't think it's that bad (the SA itself), it's people who are **** (alleged cause). I don't blame people for not wanting to go outside anymore tbh.

People constantly want to **** up other people's lives. Some people do it without even thinking.... -_____________-

I don't wanna exist

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2020, 04:06 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow123 View Post
Yup now this pandemic hit and its been the worst it has been. I am having so much low self esteem.

Social anxiety is indeed a living nightmare and a curse to say the least. I wouldnt even wish it on my enemies because it is literal torture.
I agree it's not helpful when you literally have no friends and didn't talk to somebody your age for 10 years but now you can't even meet people even if you wanted to. Normal people with a social circle have no idea how privileged they are.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2020, 07:42 AM
Half agony, half hope.

Initially it was bad, but once I got back in the swing of interacting it wasnít as anxiety inducing. I went from five months of social distancing to just being thrown back into work in unorganized circumstances. My job requires a lot of social interaction between people coming in, people leaving, coworkers asking questions, walk ins, and phone calls. So I was a little overloaded at first and felt massively anxious about it all. Like super nauseous, first day at a new job, or going on an interview level of anxiety. When it was a familiar setting I just had to get used to the routine of it again.

Some of the progress I made in regards to my anxiety dwindled, but itís kind of like ice skating. Once you learn you donít really forget that skill, just need to get back on the ice and start slow before building up to your usual speed. If that makes sense.

I was a massively anxious mess at the start of it though, even more than I usually am.

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2020, 04:39 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
Same.
Since the UK went on lockdown and shielding end of March, ive literally not gone anywhere except to the local shops, and work. Ive not left a 5 mile radius of my home. Not 'hung out' with anyone in almost 6 months. Not done anything.
And now as time goes on, its getting harder and harder for me to interact with others or leave the house!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page